You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-50 of 1,000. There are even more results, please redefine your search.

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 4:46pm

Author: falcotron

Goodbye, Holy War

No big drama. I hope everyone staying here has fun. And I hope everyone still having fun stays. In fact, if you didn't try AIW, try GAS game #4, whenever it comes out, as it undoubtedly will--AIW was their best design yet, and it's only failing because not enough people gave it a shot. No plea for everyone to follow me to some other competing browser RPG. There's honestly nothing as good as HW, TG, and AIW, and no company as good as GAS. They're not good enough for me anymore, and that means the...

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 11:41am

Cliff Notes for Mathematics on Horses?

Quoted from "OdinBelakor" If I planned to upgrade at 120, at which point would it cease to be cost-effective to continue to stat up the horse? Depends where you want to be in the mid-120s: 250-230-250: Stop at 165-146-165, or it's a better deal to wait for the 130 instead of upgrading at 120.275-255-275: Stop at 177-158-177.300-280-300: Stop at 189-170-189.325-305-325: Stop at 200-180-199.350-330-350: Stop at 211-191-210.375-355-375: Stop at 220-200-220.All of those numbers seem ridiculously lo...

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 7:57am

W9 account for sale. (Almost lvl 58)

I had no idea, but now I have to look it up... According to Google, "50 Mexican pesos = 4.10555 U.S. dollars". So, that was a hell of a guess. How much do they charge in TJ nowadays for a vial of ketamine, 30 doses of anabolic steroids, a bottle of mezcal with the worm in it, and a donkey show? (By the way, if you ever want to look up a currency exchange, just type "50 pesos in dollars" in the search bar of your browser and this comes up immediately. I have no idea where they get the numbers, bu...

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 7:52am

W10 Account Level 31 for sale

Quoted from "Bosing" Really? huh? That's too bad. You don't want it for free. Well you can't have it then. Just wipe the drool of your mouth. Bwahahahaharhahrhar! and sit down boy! Good job! Now catch this ball! You obviously don't know who you're talking to. For one thing, people tend to trust Underground on how much an account is worth. For another, he's too buff to sit down. More seriously, I have no idea how much your account is worth, because I have no idea what the top people in W10 look ...

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 7:51am

Random Factor

Quoted from "Zophiel Stone" Quoted from "falcotron" (a) as he says, your fight was a lot closer than any of his, and you should expect to lose every so often in fights like that Problem is I'm not losing every once in a while, I'm only winning once in a while. It's getting bad in my opinion and I don't consider 20 points to be "close" at all. We just differ in our opinion of close Drad. I find it hard to believe you're only beating this guy once in a while. I was sure I was still rarely beating...

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 4:44am

#1/#5 (level 130) W1 account sold

I've now got a bid that's good enough, from someone who says he doesn't care what the sanctions end up being (whenever they happen). So, unless he falls through, the bidding is over.

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 4:42am

#1 (level 117) W4 account sold

Wardo, I have an anonymous bidder who wants both my accounts, and doesn't want to wait. Do you mind if I give it to him? I'll also PM you about it.

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 4:41am

W9 account for sale. (Almost lvl 58)

Quoted from "Underground" What would that equate to? $4? Lol. Was that just a guess, or are you regularly going to Tijuana for the special "services" and "products" and/or drunken San Diego college students that are harder to find or more expensive in the US?

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 4:40am

Random Factor

Quoted from "ViViD" ZS, Dont mind Drad, he has more whiney posts about random then anyone. Everyone is hit by bad luck sometimes. Whether it's a 91% chance of winning or a 99.91% chance, it's not 100%. Sometimes it goes the wrong way. And that's no more significant than any other unlucky event in life. The difference between your bad luck and Dradaki's is (a) as he says, your fight was a lot closer than any of his, and you should expect to lose every so often in fights like that, and (b) it doe...

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 7:51am

Cliff Notes for Mathematics on Horses?

Quoted from "OdinBelakor" Based on the Python thing, at which point stat-wise does the Black Forest Fox cease to be cost-effective? I could do it all by hand but it's a BIG hassle haha It depends. The script really only does the easy but tedious part for you, calculating the total costs to reach a certain number of stats from different starting points. You have to know the starting point (that is, what stats you'll have as you approach each upgrade). And, more importantly, you have to know the ...

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 3:59am

Find a new "Only fair solution"

§18.417/A2 - The game operator may delete any account for being Dradaki, but only if they have reason to believe that his reaction will be sufficiently angry to be entertaining to them or to others.

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 3:59am

§18.417/A2 - The game operator may delete any account for being Dradaki, but only if they have reason to believe that his reaction will be sufficiently angry to be entertaining to them or to others.

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 2:13am

Just not to forget

Quoted from "Dradaki" Anywho, have you seen the trailer for Tron 2? They just had a fake expo and press conference for Encom, the company from the movie, a couple weeks ago (between the Game Developers Conference and WonderCon). I was a bit disappointed that Lora was part of the press conference, but Lora/Yori isn't going to be in the movie. But otherwise, I'm looking forward to it.

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 2:13am

Just not to forget

Quoted from "Dradaki" Anywho, have you seen the trailer for Tron 2? They just had a fake expo and press conference for Encom, the company from the movie, a couple weeks ago (between the Game Developers Conference and WonderCon). I was a bit disappointed that Lora was part of the press conference, but Lora/Yori isn't going to be in the movie. But otherwise, I'm looking forward to it.

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 2:00am

Quoted from "Zophiel Stone" I think some people need to go back and re-read the rules of this game. It's right there at the top of the list: §5 - The game operator must be immediately informed about all observed bugs. The deliberate and advantageous exploitation of a bug will lead to account deletion. There it is, plain as day. And where exactly is this bug? The XP was inherent in the design of the feature. Just using the feature as designed ruins the game. That doesn't make it cheating to use ...

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 2:00am

Quoted from "Zophiel Stone" I think some people need to go back and re-read the rules of this game. It's right there at the top of the list: §5 - The game operator must be immediately informed about all observed bugs. The deliberate and advantageous exploitation of a bug will lead to account deletion. There it is, plain as day. And where exactly is this bug? The XP was inherent in the design of the feature. Just using the feature as designed ruins the game. That doesn't make it cheating to use ...

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 1:54am

Just not to forget

Quoted from "Dradaki" Personally I think you should use the little laser, go into the HW program and kick the shizzit out of all the bugs that are in the coding, then give me 500 stats by defeating the Master Control Program. You're missing the whole metaphor of the movie. Flynn gives all the Programs the means and the courage to save themselves instead of doing it for them, and then one of them immediately picks up a magic flying disc and destroys the oppressors. It's just like in the Gospels,...

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 1:54am

Just not to forget

Quoted from "Dradaki" Personally I think you should use the little laser, go into the HW program and kick the shizzit out of all the bugs that are in the coding, then give me 500 stats by defeating the Master Control Program. You're missing the whole metaphor of the movie. Flynn gives all the Programs the means and the courage to save themselves instead of doing it for them, and then one of them immediately picks up a magic flying disc and destroys the oppressors. It's just like in the Gospels,...

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 12:56am

Simple rules and principles to live by ...

Quoted from "Forum" This post by "Mildred" (Today, 9:23am) has been deleted by the author himself You know, if this forum can't even tell that Mildred isn't a "himself" it's got some problems.

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 12:54am

Just not to forget

Quoted from "Dradaki" Quoted from "falcotron" I don't know, and I don't feel like doing the math Falco not in the mood to do math?!? If I weren't quitting, I'd do the math. But since I am, I'll instead work out how many more hours of sleep I can get per week, or how many more songs I can compose per year, or something... damn, I don't really need a complicated script or even a spreadsheet for any of those, do I.... That could be a problem.

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 12:54am

Just not to forget

Quoted from "Dradaki" Quoted from "falcotron" I don't know, and I don't feel like doing the math Falco not in the mood to do math?!? If I weren't quitting, I'd do the math. But since I am, I'll instead work out how many more hours of sleep I can get per week, or how many more songs I can compose per year, or something... damn, I don't really need a complicated script or even a spreadsheet for any of those, do I.... That could be a problem.

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 12:11am

Just not to forget

Quoted from "margret perrin" I think reducing the players in question to their xp prior to the update and even adding 75-80xp a day that has passed since this started, but not restoring their elixirs and weapons prior to the update would be sufficient enough in my opinion. Well, I suspect that would be a lot less work than whatever they're planning, and probably a lot closer to even-handed, and it's certainly better than anything I can think of (short of rolling things back last week when they ...

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 12:11am

Just not to forget

Quoted from "margret perrin" I think reducing the players in question to their xp prior to the update and even adding 75-80xp a day that has passed since this started, but not restoring their elixirs and weapons prior to the update would be sufficient enough in my opinion. Well, I suspect that would be a lot less work than whatever they're planning, and probably a lot closer to even-handed, and it's certainly better than anything I can think of (short of rolling things back last week when they ...

Monday, April 26th 2010, 3:45pm

Here's two good pieces of advice from Paranoia: Quoted from "Troubleshooters" Trust no one. Keep your laser handy. Another one from Paranoia: Quoted from "Death Leopard Manifesto" Fragile things dropped from a great hight make a nice sound. Is there anything else you need to know in life? Well, if there is, your next clone will have to figure it out.

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 5:01am

Quoted from "OakStormDragon" Perhaps you should put Falco on payroll... Well, I'm not the one who found it. While I was busy trying to explain that people were going to get 300xp/day this way and ruin the game, someone else figured out how to get 2000/day--still without "exploiting" the supposed "bug"--and then someone else figured out how to turn that into as much as you've got pots for (which only really works out to 3000/day after the first day, but could be 15000 or more on the first day) b...

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 5:01am

Quoted from "OakStormDragon" Perhaps you should put Falco on payroll... Well, I'm not the one who found it. While I was busy trying to explain that people were going to get 300xp/day this way and ruin the game, someone else figured out how to get 2000/day--still without "exploiting" the supposed "bug"--and then someone else figured out how to turn that into as much as you've got pots for (which only really works out to 3000/day after the first day, but could be 15000 or more on the first day) b...

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 4:56am

4. Track cows

I know I said you wouldn't have to do this. And you don't have to. I managed to get to #1 in AIW without keeping any records beyond the shared cow list and the short-term highscore scanning. But if you do long-term tracking of cows on top of the short-term scanning, I'm sure you can do even better. For example, if you find you can catch someone with his wages more often than average (maybe he takes too long to do an SF, or tries to decide whether and how to spend the gold first), he's worth a lo...

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 4:56am

3. Use the highscores efficiently

3.1. Search multiple pages Chances are, you won't find 12 targets/hour by only looking at #201-300. But you don't need to look at all of #1-3000, either. Many of those people are so low-level that it's not worth catching them plundering (or, depending on your world, below level 11 and unhittable), and some you can't beat. Pick a range, expand it if you're not finding enough cows, shrink it if you're finding more than you can hit. 3.2. Copy early and often You won't catch most people checking onl...

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 4:55am

2. Use the highscores

Look at the highscores by level, say #201-300. Then look at them again an hour later. There's enough information there to catch almost everyone who's going to give you gold in that range. Here are some examples of things you can find. 2.1. Sloppy plundering Anyone who's gone up in xp without going up in victories or defeats is plundering and missed his SF. The more xp, the better--someone who's just gotten 6 good plunders is carrying more than someone who just got 6 bad plunders, or who did 2 pl...

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 4:55am

1. Share Cows

If you've got 10 good hunters sharing with each other, when someone goes to work and logs off with a weapon in the stalls, you've got 10x as much chance of finding out. And, since he's almost certainly going to be back online before your 12 hours passes so you can hit him again, you lose nothing by sharing. Most people share within their order. If your order's cow-sharing system isn't good enough, try to get people to switch to a better one. If your order doesn't include enough other people inte...

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 4:54am

Hauling after low levels

Noble's thread Low-level Hauling Tips is full of great advice on how to find cows before level 11, both early in a new world and starting late. But a lot of that doesn't work when it's 3-4 months in and you're level 40 and you have to haul so much more for it to be worth hauling at all. Higher-level cows have more gold. The problem is, there are very few people at higher levels who are consistent, 90% sure cows, and everyone else knows them. What you have to do is find the people who slip up occ...

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 2:58am

Starting an Order

Quoted from "Dradaki" Phil didnt post here That's because he's got his own thread. (I didn't feel like looking for it.) I think he intended it as advice for Christian OMs in a world where Christian disorganization put them at a major disadvantage, but most of it applies to anyone. The reason I wrote this was that I got two PMs saying that Phil's thread only tells you how to keep your order successful, and they wanted tips on how to build it in the first place. So, I tried to focus on just the f...

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 2:12am

Quoted from "Black Wind" * Seems every year this number changes. At least people have stopped crediting it to "Kurt Vonnegut's commencement speech at [insert Ivy League school or random school from Indiana]." Vonnegut's last actual commencement speech (I think it was around 2000 or 2001; I can't find a link anywhere) was mostly about the fact that Mark Twain had more to tell them about their lives than any modern so-called writer, including himself. But I wish he'd made the same point this way:...

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 2:00am

Stat Ratio

Well, one point to keep in mind is that being a non-premium, or being a premium and intentionally slowing down your leveling, will raise your stat ratio--but that doesn't mean it makes you stronger; it just means your level falls behind even faster than your stats. For example, 90 days in, if you've been premium and xp hunted and joined battles and so on the whole time, you'll be around level 38, with stats in the mid-60s, for a stat ratio near 1.7. If you've skipped some plunders and avoided xp...

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 1:55am

Quoted from "Nagap" the only thing that really matters is what are HWT going to do and when, perhaps this is what people should be concentrating by asking and demanding of HWT instead of having a go at each other. (i await falco's response ) I pretty much agree with you. I also agree with the first line in your post, which means I don't really care what they do and when, since I'm leaving either way, except for two things: I don't want people punished unfairly when I'm responsible, at least in ...

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 1:55am

Quoted from "Nagap" the only thing that really matters is what are HWT going to do and when, perhaps this is what people should be concentrating by asking and demanding of HWT instead of having a go at each other. (i await falco's response ) I pretty much agree with you. I also agree with the first line in your post, which means I don't really care what they do and when, since I'm leaving either way, except for two things: I don't want people punished unfairly when I'm responsible, at least in ...

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 1:39am

Low-level Hauling Tips

Quoted from "Noble" Have they bought very many stats for the horse, or any at all for that matter? Oh yeah, that's a good one. When you see someone who's bought a horse and not put any stats into it at all, it's a guarantee that he's a cow. The only question is whether he happens to be dry right now (because, say, he just finished saving up 5000 and spending it all on that horse) and/or has quit the game. After the early days, that's really the hardest part--distinguishing cows from dead former...

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 1:32am

Starting an Order

Dradaki, good points--but most of that is already in Phil's posts. In fact, Phil pretty much covered everything I'd want to say about how to run your order once it's up and running, so everyone should go read that. But it can't hurt to restate some of these things, because they're so important, so thanks. Also, Noble, getting to know them goes along with getting everyone chatting and getting to know each other. One of the threads on the order forum is always "Introduce yourself," and in the firs...

Saturday, April 24th 2010, 4:01pm

#1 (level 117) W4 account sold

OK, whatever. Let me know when you decide to keep or retract the bid. You've got my email address. I'll continue working and plundering until then.

Saturday, April 24th 2010, 1:48pm

Apologies to anyone who listened

Quoted from "jabridge" By the way how can you list Morgs and BAE, without mentioning Scrim, plus so many others Well, I can dodge Scrim's sledgehammer. Anyway, I won't be looking for another browser game to replace this one. I've already looked around the field, and honestly, whatever people think about GAS, their competitors are all much, much worse. Only the amateur games are really built and run with any care, and they only have 75 people playing them. Besides, I'd rather have all those hour...

Saturday, April 24th 2010, 1:45pm

Petition for a roll-back of the servers

Quoted from "Vallen" signed. But seeing as they admit there is no back up, to roll back to, this is a waste of time No, that turned out not to be true. Somehow, one of the German mods heard that or made it up or something, I don't know. They have a backup, they just don't want to use it, because it would be unfair to undo 4 days of game play, even if that's what the players want, and even if it's only 4 days because they dragged their feet for 4 days after being told about the problem.

Saturday, April 24th 2010, 1:45pm

Petition for a roll-back of the servers

Quoted from "Vallen" signed. But seeing as they admit there is no back up, to roll back to, this is a waste of time No, that turned out not to be true. Somehow, one of the German mods heard that or made it up or something, I don't know. They have a backup, they just don't want to use it, because it would be unfair to undo 4 days of game play, even if that's what the players want, and even if it's only 4 days because they dragged their feet for 4 days after being told about the problem.

Saturday, April 24th 2010, 11:49am

Apologies to anyone who listened

Quoted from "jabridge" Looks like the F'd up HW ADMIN's are still up to all there old tricks and ignoring the concerns of there players, anyways just wanted to say hi old friend. You should really consider leaving for good it is quite liberating . Yeah, I'm just waiting for the payment to come through on my W4 character and the bidding to end (or never start) on my W1 character and I'm gone. And that decision was liberating, but it also means the few more days I'm stuck here feels like much mor...

Saturday, April 24th 2010, 11:45am

Any evidence of XP roll back yet

Quoted from "Slasher" 2) even though they seriously bumbled this up... they still intended to give AT LEAST two fights - and NO xp limit was EVER stated... (until they figured out they fooked up)... so everyone should be able to keep at least two unarmed battels worth of xp Letting everyone keep two fights worth of xp would ruin the game. But then manually rolling people back to some vague approximation of their former xp, and letting others keep hundreds of xp that they got by using the team a...

Saturday, April 24th 2010, 11:40am

What do you feel we had to gain

Quoted from "Slasher" But you are partly wrong on this. I was already in the top 10. Actually, that's true of most of the people involved, or at least they only moved up from #12 to #9 or whatever. And even most of the exceptions were people who'd already been quickly catching up. Forge and I had a discussion about that at the time it was going on. Of those who participated, the people who were already the top people were more organized, more driven, and got into a lot more arena fights, while ...

Saturday, April 24th 2010, 11:30am

What do you feel we had to gain

Quoted from "Black Wind" I would say a great deal were simply in it for the novelty... Sadly, fear seemed to be the driving force for far too many. Since I was actively trying to get people to join in, I saw all the motivations you mentioned, and a few more besides. Some people really, really resent the German players, like the Germans are mommy's favorite child. The idea of pushing the English worlds ahead of the German ones really appealed to those people. Others hate GAS, and this game, with...

Saturday, April 24th 2010, 10:50am

Fix Team Arena and roll back servers.... fast

Quoted from "Forge" Quoted from "falcotron" Quoted from "Forge" They don't have a backup from just AFTER the update, but they do have a backup from just BEFORE. What's the difference? The game was shut down during the update, so the only differences there could possibly be between the two states would be anything produced by some script within the update itself, which they could obviously just re-run. Quoted from "Forge" They are unwilling to roll back. But the question is, why? I don't think i...

Saturday, April 24th 2010, 10:50am

Fix Team Arena and roll back servers.... fast

Quoted from "Forge" Quoted from "falcotron" Quoted from "Forge" They don't have a backup from just AFTER the update, but they do have a backup from just BEFORE. What's the difference? The game was shut down during the update, so the only differences there could possibly be between the two states would be anything produced by some script within the update itself, which they could obviously just re-run. Quoted from "Forge" They are unwilling to roll back. But the question is, why? I don't think i...

Friday, April 23rd 2010, 11:02pm

Giving away W8 account

Can I have it, so I can show up in the SB, pretend to be ViViD, and delete it, leaving everyone wondering how that sneaky bastard managed to get your account despite your stipulations?

Friday, April 23rd 2010, 10:50pm

Any evidence of XP roll back yet

Quoted from "Cunning Stranger" I have played many online games but the staff here is too funny.... This is the first time i have ever seen administration blame the players because the the admins are too dumb to test there patch, then too dumb to quickly roll it back. Apparently, the reason they couldn't quickly catch the problem is that nobody was there watching to see how the update was working out (except for an ops guy who could tell if the server crashed or something that dramatic). They ca...