You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-50 of 330.

Friday, April 8th 2011, 2:35am

Author: Black Wind

Undo Patch

OK, I'm not really sure about this whole patch thing (mainly because I don't pay attention to things anymore and could really care less) but I have a question. Now, the irony is not lost on me and I am totally diggin it, but why does this thread cause my browser to play Iron Maiden's "Power Slave"??? When I leave the thread it stops, so I have to stay here. Must be a new trick of GAS to keep me around. Up The Irons!

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 3:16am

W4 #1 in Level

Paying for an HW account is too much like paying rent for a jail cell, but I hope you find someone willing to give you a fair price for the work invested.

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 4:07am

What the Heck?

I thought the week premium was nice. But what surprised me was how unwilling I am to do 12 plunders. LOL... I guess I really am over this game.

Friday, January 21st 2011, 12:05am

Few things you might not know about the Holy Battle.

OK, now this makes me think... I wonder how long GAS will take to remove the work 8+ and heal option, especially after the Holy Battle since Battle Healing doesn't work after HB. With the "Oversights" involved in the Great Arena Experience Points Update, it took them almost 2 weeks to get things straightened out, largely because it was so labor intensive. Yet, there is something interesting about this one... It minimizes the need for Battle Healing by offering a trade: 8 hours of work to heal f...

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 9:45pm

Effects on Updates

True. I suppose you could also just plunder all your farms at once and then 2 hours later harvest them from your main. oh well... never mind. I just noticed that some of my regular cows had dried up after the change and I was trying to figure out why.

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 5:48pm

Effects on Updates

OK, I have noticed something over the past few days that makes me think that something I hated in the update was actually quite brilliant. If no one has noticed it, it is the 2 hour safe period from accounts 5 levels higher when you log in. I didn't like it to start with because I think it goes against the spirit of the game. Being safe is the cardinal rule that we all must learn. What makes me think it was brilliant was that in one simple and relatively non-invasive change (especially in older ...

Saturday, January 15th 2011, 6:22pm

Slowly Fades Away

Some people have already asked me and I have sent them a little critic. Now that I have played the game more and more has been revealed... I like it even more. Anyone who wishes more info is welcome to continue the discussion in private, but I won't advertise another game in the forums.

Saturday, January 15th 2011, 6:13pm

Effects on Updates

Truthfully, GAS needs to create a beta realm with pre-existing accounts and invite experienced players (probably the MODS) to play with the new updates for a few weeks before release. Then, they can have them fill out a questionnaire with there conclusions. I am sure that the devs do something similar themselves, but their purpose is to find bugs, not to test the effect on the game environment.

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 4:42am

Work Pay

Additionally, they added the post work healing. If you are completely healed after 8 hours of work, there is very little reason to buy battle healing (won't buy it anyway myself), no reason to have multiple battles per day, no reason to cow hunt (even after holy battles), no reason to buy a house, and it virtually cements elixirs as a commodities market. Why would someone waste elixirs healing after a battle when they can just go to work for 8 hours. I can see how this might be considered in the...

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 6:30am

A different view.

Quoted from "Keer Avon" I say again “NOTHING IS FREE. GET USED TO IT!” Not true. Numerous other games and businesses offer free perks to their customers to keep their business. The old adage that it is cheaper to keep 10 customers than to get one new one is true. And, your assumption that all things cost money and therefore must be charged for is a bit erroneous as well. The best example I can think of in game would be the SB. By making the SB a premium service, GAS is attempting to entice new ...

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 1:03am

Reactions to the Update

Quoted Healing After collecting your wages for 8 or more hours of work you will be completely healed. Anyone want to buy my house?

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 2:07am

Slowly Fades Away

sounds almost like you called me a quitter. Not sure though because my google translator puked after I copied and pasted that in.

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 10:11pm

Slowly Fades Away

You have an answer Forge.

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 12:33am

Slowly Fades Away

Well people, it has been common knowledge that while I still stop in most days (the forum and game tabs automatically open when I start Firefox), my contributions here will become more and more limited from now on. I believe I have found a game that offers everything I have been looking for AND allows me to play and compete without a membership fee (although I probably will pay because I like the way they do it). It has been enjoyable and enlightening to have spent these passed years with you al...

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 6:02pm

Ban Non Players from Using the forum

I actually did smile a little bit reading that. Thanks for the morning pick me up. Anyway, let me try to end "my bitter and destructive attitude" by simply saying this. I am not interested in "substantiating my claims" because I am not interested in going through the trouble. Nothing against you Keer, but you are just some guy who showed up a few days ago telling people how you think they should do things without having the experience of having been here. You had a valid point in suggesting that...

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 4:50am

Quoted from "Keer Avon" Black Wind & erialc I for one am happy to see you are free to post your opinion here on this forum. What I said was that we are allowed to post SOME of our opinions here. Specifically in response to your ascertion that this is a free and open speaking society. Quoted from "Keer Avon" I would be interested to receive detailed facts (By PM) to back up the statements made in your posts. As a person with some experience of running a forum I am familiar with how rule breakers...

Wednesday, December 29th 2010, 9:12pm

Quoted from "Keer Avon" but that is all part of an open and free speaking society. Whatcha talkin' bout Willis Neither the forum nor the game are open or free speaking societies, as some members are held to standards and codes of conduct that limit their contributions while others are not. Both are owned and regulated with the sole purpose to increase revenue for GAS. They are here to create an illusion of a community, not to create a community. You will realize this when those who administer t...

Sunday, December 12th 2010, 5:35pm

I don't think anyone could call what I do "playing"... it is more like pushing buttons and waiting. I think I am the one he was referring to. *Hangs his head in shame*

Wednesday, September 22nd 2010, 8:29am

One last post

*Pours some of his 40 onto the ground*

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 10:51am

10 Poorest Cities in America and why

Quoted from "Ranock_Ironfist" Businesses and unemployment operate in the higher millions to the billions while people's paychecks are in the thousands. Unless, each desk is being funneled millions of dollars, then there are much deeper rooted problems then corruption in office. It isn't simply the paycheck that is associated with the desk but also the power to make decisions. There are many instances where the individuals associated with these offices collect the check as a nominal fee knowing ...

Monday, September 6th 2010, 9:34pm

Simple Solution to Revitalize the Game

Or HW 2nd Gen.... Like World 11+

Monday, September 6th 2010, 10:25am

Quoted from "Vedauwoo" I might make some slight modifications. V/D is nonlinear and undefined when D = 0. I would probably go for a bonus based on V-D so that the margin of victories builds the bonus. An order with V-D < 0 would get the min bonus. Yeah, I misrepresented myself here... Quoted from "Black Wind" The rest of the world would know exactly what your order's V/D was and it would be within their power to lower it, IF they play better than you. It should have been this... Quoted from "Bl...

Monday, September 6th 2010, 7:10am

Quoted from "The Black Knight" A few thoughts, though; something like this would have to be a flat bonus, and not percentile-based, as any kind of percentile-based solution both favors the higher level player and helps to maintain the distance between the higher and lower levels. I ABSOLUTELY agree. The bonus would have to be the same for everyone. Quoted from "The Black Knight" Also, you'd have to start the gain at something meaningful, else people would lose interest, and you'd have to cap it...

Monday, September 6th 2010, 12:07am

I Am Back!

Quoted from "The Black Knight" No he wouldn't. I would. Falco's thing was justifying everything GAS did as perfectly reasonable and telling us all why we shouldn't complain about anything or anyone. He was kinda like Holy War's version of Mr. Spock. I think the reason he left is because the check from HW bounced.

Sunday, September 5th 2010, 9:08pm

Quoted from "itsjustme" Would/Should a persons Order XP Bonus be based upon their level? That is would the formula be lvl x order win/loss record or just win/loss record? Finding that "equitable" xp bonus may just give us something else to gripe about. I believe that the bonus should be based on the order only and be completely independent of the member. This will mean that lower level members will be receiving a larger "relative" bonus, but the higher levels would still be receiving a substant...

Sunday, September 5th 2010, 6:50pm

OK, so even though I don't really play I still watch the forums and add my sardonic replies. However this is a serious suggestion that I hope some of the other vets might take a look at. I haven't really spent a lot of time thinking about it so there will be holes, but here goes... Problem: HW becomes a grind after a certain level. That level is based on work pay as well as the increasing cost of leveling in a game where exp gains are virtually stagnant. Players feel the loss of activity and gro...

Saturday, September 4th 2010, 7:29pm

TA Xp proposal

Quoted from "The Black Knight" You're absolutely right. Falco posted on this many times; the game simply isn't designed to last past level 40-50 or thereabouts, when "Holy War" becomes "Holy Work." I think it is possible to extend this (maybe even as high as level 70 or 80) if there are enough new players joining to keep the world growing. But so long as the amount of players is stagnant this is a good number. It is also possible to keep the game interesting if you have a strong order-based gam...

Saturday, September 4th 2010, 7:01pm

10 Poorest Cities in America and why

Quoted from "Ranock_Ironfist" Buffalo, it's largest economic sectors have been health care and education for the longest time..... but we all know now is a time of upheaval in health care and education is always tumultuous. Buffalo has been in a downward spiral for a long time, but not since 1954. 30 or 40 years ago the steel industry, which was a huge part of the local economy at the time, shifted and the steel plant closed. That was one of the worst things to have happened here. More recently...

Thursday, September 2nd 2010, 3:56am

What can be discussed on the SB? (topic moved)

And here it is... Having just seen this thread I am astounded by the speed with which the original question was derailed and obfuscated. For those that missed it, here it is... Quoted from "erialc" can we not talk about the every day mundane things like oral surgery on the SB? Instead of answering, the posts centered on how dangerous the illegal use of prescribed drugs can be and how we (the educated elite) must protect the ignorant masses among us... Quoted from "itsjustme" well, even prescribe...

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 7:04pm

HWA(Holy-War Anonymous)

made me curious as to how long I have been around... So I checked my registration date for my forum account.... April 2008. What the hell am I thinking? Over 2 years... *sigh*

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 5:30am

Revitalizing the orders' dead accounts

Is it just me, or does this just seem like a long circle leading to nowhere. Not to insult your idea or the concept... just that this seems like it would be more applicable to a game where more people want to get in than are leaving. In HW, people are leaving pretty quickly (or were not long ago). Why go through all the trouble of graduated order requirements, software upgrades (that will have bugs) and the rest of the limitations when people are virtually giving away good accounts within 10 lev...

Saturday, August 21st 2010, 11:12pm

Selling Ordermates

Believe it or not, there was a suggestion like this a long time ago.... It was for Merc orders. To revamp the idea of a merc order lots of suggestions were made. One of them was that the OM/AC could negotiate contracts for every member of their order and put them into the stalls. Still think it is a good idea.

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 11:34pm

Being pulled into battle with uncollected work pay

Quoted from "OdinBelakor" Having it autocollected for a battle doesn't make any sense. *chuckles* Ok Look, it does make sense, a LOT of sense. For anyone who would argue that the game needs to follow a strict code of adherence to historical facts and traditions, I think you are missing the point. This is a game, not a re-creation. If you REALLY wanted a realistic game, then battle would not stop at 1 LP. You would be reduced to 0 life and have to restart a new account. Welcome to realism. Also,...

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 10:11pm

Order Pillory part 2 - DONT CLOSE TBK!

Quoted from "Janet H." I still find it odd that male players may tixx to their heart's content, but let a woman do it and she is once and forever a pariah in the game. I don't think Ved made the reference to your tixxing for any purpose but to illustrate that he would lose 2 arena battles to demonstrate the ridiculous nature of a specific rule interpretation. Just as I only made reference to your tixxing to clarify Ved's original point.

Sunday, August 1st 2010, 12:57am

The "messed up random" competition

This might be more fun if it was a competition over who lost the most gold in a fight they should have won. Of course, Profi-Cows would be exempt (being illegal and all)

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 11:48pm

Can MODs really do this?

Quoted from "Letheus" Can MODs ban me for what I do in one world if I dont repeat my rule violation in the other worlds I play?0.o Why is this a shock?? Was it your W11 account that broke the rules or was it you? MODs have the ability to ban you from a particular world and this is a good option if there is bad blood between 2 players and they need to calm down. Now even though I don't know the details of the situation, I believe you have had problems with a MOD before. Since that transcends the...

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 9:23pm

Another Premium Ticket Feature

Quoted from "The Black Knight" I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I honestly don't know why anyone ever plays this game any more. LMAO I agree here. As I said before, I have a non-premium in W4, I don't even know how far back I am from the top levels but I play HW like a game of solitaire. I log in and work or plunder as my mood suits me and when I am bored I do exp hits or troll the forums.

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 1:41am

Another Premium Ticket Feature

Experience points are the last thing left that cannot be bought with tickets. To open exp to cash sales would most likely be the final nail in the HW coffin. You mention the non-premium people using this option to get 2 times the gold and exp. They already have this option by going premium for 1 month and getting twice the number of plunders (in effect 2 times the gold and exp). And it isn't limited to being more than 5 levels back or being on an established server. In any event, it would be one...

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 7:28pm

Multi-World Chat

sounds interesting.

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 9:35am

Going to work directly after battle.

It would make things easier, but to me it would be just another reason not to log in.

Tuesday, July 20th 2010, 11:51pm

Good lord, change the plundering screen already haha

I know that the range of gold and exp is the same for 10 minutes or 60. But I remember hearing somewhere that your chances of getting good plunders go up with the amount of time used. Like everything else though, this is unconfirmed.

Tuesday, July 20th 2010, 5:57pm

Worlds Dying Problem

Opening up the markets to all worlds to sell pots would make it harder to sell your pots. With so many worlds, there will always be hundreds of pots at minimum. It would definitely be easier to buy, but selling will take much longer.

Tuesday, July 20th 2010, 5:15am

Good lord, change the plundering screen already haha

I use it if I am running out of time before reset. If I have 30 minutes of plunders left and only 10 minutes before reset, I will use all 30 at once. I have no idea if it makes a difference.

Monday, July 19th 2010, 4:08am

Perhaps you can explain please?

Quoted from "Mac Fleetwood" WE JUST WANT CLARITY ON WHY OUR STATS AND EQUIPMENT HAVE NOT EFFECT ON FIGHTS? EQUIPMENT Well, if you really believed this you wouldn't buy any current equipment. THIS is maybe the easiest part of the formula to see because whenever you attack someone you see the damage that each of your attacks do. All you have to do is to hit someone twice: once with your blade and once without to see the change in damage. I say this is the easiest to see because it takes hardly an...

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 7:26pm

Order Pillory part 2 - DONT CLOSE TBK!

Quoted from "Vedauwoo" So why the heck is Dragon Warriors punished? Because of the appearance of impropriety. Just as in any court, the question is not whether something is right or wrong. It is whether something is legal or illegal. When there is not enough evidence to determine if something is legal or illegal, the question often boils down to whether something "appears" illegal. That is what I believe happened here. Whether you like it or not, the system we are working under is (at best) a b...

Friday, July 16th 2010, 10:48am

Dragon Warriors Pillory?

Demon Stabber, Even though I find that answer unsatisfying, I would like to thank you for responding.

Friday, July 16th 2010, 12:40am

A Petition to Remove the Current Tixxing System

I have been playing this game for over a year as a non-premium. LMAO! I am no where near the top and have no access to the SB, but when you think about it...what am I really missing out on? Merc fees? Order battles? (There are no real battles left. You remember them, don't you? The SB filled with rallying cries and teams frantically pre-striking for 8 hours or more, the sweat as you wait for that last merc to log in, constantly checking the Army Camp because to lose a battle against your rival ...

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 12:37am

Death of Ka?! Talk to me!

Quoted from "brianfoxy" I don't mean to start something but Dragon has a lot of multi accounts in the order and not in the order. We started telling the HW team about this and DRAGO pointed there finger at us KA members for multi accounting. Countless times DRAGO has multi accounts in and where removed by the HW team. I don't know what order she declared on but, it was probably one of her orders multi accounts and were stocking up gold to do this. It's not the first time this has happend, but t...