You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-50 of 64.

Friday, April 23rd 2010, 9:04pm

Author: Death Dealer

Any evidence of XP roll back yet

The longer this whole episode goes on, I suspect is HASN'T been corrected because it CAN'T be corrected. If a back-up wasn't performed, as rumored, then when was their last one? And does it make any sense to roll it back to their previous back-up (1 week, two weeks, a year?)?

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 10:30pm

Apologies to anyone who listened

I'm afraid my whole decision-making process was not complementary to GAS. I remember thinking that I needed to participate in the uber XP hunt because, either HWT intended it, or that they didn't, and through incompetence, might let it stand. It turns out HWT was much more screwed up than I imagined. They don't intend to let it stand, but have no concept (apparently) how to correct the situation. The whole blaming it on the players thing is a stroke of genius, however. "It's your fault that I'm ...

Monday, January 18th 2010, 7:08pm

Join an older World!

I'd be willing to sponsor any wanting to come to worlds 1 and 2, and I'd throw in a horse of your choice and anything else we can think of. Higher level characters are generally available also. Contact me here, in the forums, or in Worlds 1 and 2 as Suleiman the Great.

Monday, January 18th 2010, 6:57pm

Help! - non game technical issue

Heya, it works! Thanks for the advice, Penelope. There was a recommended BIOS setting in the card set-up documentation, but when I went back to look at it, it had to be wrong; figured out the right one, and walah!

Sunday, January 17th 2010, 11:37pm

Help! - non game technical issue

I've been trying to install a new PNY (GeForce) video card in my POS vista machine which has an onboard video chipset. I have plenty of power, the problem is that when the new card is installed, the monitor screen is black upon restart. If the card is unplugged and the machine is restarted, everything is fine. I've tried to install the drivers without the card in, but have not been successful. I've tried to change the BIOS settings to AVI, per PNY technical support recommendations, with no chang...

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 8:39pm

In defense of the new marriage option

Well, Underground proposed, but when he wouldn't come up with a ticket...

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 7:17pm

In defense of the new marriage option

It's the source of a lot of ribald good humor and deliberate misunderstandings. It's fun!

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 9:23pm

Unique Weapons

Possession of the uniques don't seem to be a problem in the worlds I play, though, granted, I only play in older worlds. They seem to be exchanged often. I know that I both get and give them regularly and have lost all three in a 10 minute period more than once.

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 7:40pm

Most Frustrating?

I am beginning to suspect that any reliable cow, in any world, is a multi-.

Monday, November 2nd 2009, 11:13pm

Holy Risk, part 2

I'm in (though clueless how it would work).

Sunday, November 1st 2009, 7:51am

Never Banned

Never been banned; tried once with caps, racial, sexist and ethnic slurs and all the modified swear words I could think of... and nuthin.

Tuesday, October 27th 2009, 6:03pm

You know your a noob when ?

you are chatting merrily away on the SB and someone posts a really big hit, AND you wonder who it can be, THEN you come to the slow and horrible realization that stoopid noob was you.

Monday, September 28th 2009, 10:00pm

How the game has changed

Quoted from "The Black Knight" Time for a group hug and a campfire singalong of Kumbaya? Maybe with erialc; no offense, TBK.

Monday, September 28th 2009, 9:29pm

How the game has changed

How long ago was this battle?

Friday, September 25th 2009, 7:54pm

W4 L91 BadCo =For SALE

Send me a message here with what you are looking for.

Friday, September 25th 2009, 7:49pm

lost battle end perf win streak =(

Holy Random Factor, Batman! I wish I'd saved this report, but I remember losing to a guy 25 levels below me and more than 500 stat points less, and me at full health and fully equipped and him at 3/4 health. I was just doing a standard SF fight and noticed that I'd won around 4K gold and was going to send it on to my order, when I realized I'd LOST. I was charmed, though I did send the reportt to the order and they won most of the gold back.

Friday, September 25th 2009, 7:41pm

How the game has changed

Ummm, this is me trying to change the subject back to the orginal thread. One of the things that I thought might happen (about 50 levels back), that has happened, is the bunching of people at the top, both in level and statistics. It makes sense; the dedicated "stayers" are efficient in work time and plundering and the limiting factors of relatively higher cost of stats and lessened availability of xp at the very top of either category allows those below to catch up. The overall differences betw...

Wednesday, September 23rd 2009, 12:08am

Great Movie Lines

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 1:01am

Selling Strongest W2 Account -- SOLD!!! :)

I've been doing more thinking about this: If you are considering purchasing this account, you should be aware that the owner of this account is held in utter contempt by many in W2 for cheating. If HWT does the right thing, this character could potentially be fined millions (gold) for multi-accounting and illegally acquired mercs fees. Also, it would be consistant with the behavior of this owner of this account to "buy" his own account, then attempt to "rehab" himself in the eyes of W2. Any "new...

Monday, September 14th 2009, 9:06pm

Men: A Guide

I'm withholding any opinion on these posts until my wife determines what it is.

Monday, September 14th 2009, 8:55pm

Selling Strongest W2 Account -- SOLD!!! :)

I'll give you a buck (and then delete it).

Friday, September 11th 2009, 10:22pm

Most efficient use of gold for stats?

Quoted from "The Black Knight" Jeez Louise... Since when does Falco get credit for my strategy? He used to upgrade his equipment a lot more often than I did, back in w4. And now it's called the "Falcotron approach?" What does a guy gotta do to get some credit around here? This is Falcotron's fault (goes without saying, hmmm?). I hadn't realized he'd stolen it from you, when I borrowed it from him.

Friday, September 11th 2009, 9:30pm

My initial thought when I read this thread was that I wish I'd had this information when I was starting the game, but that the information isn't all valid for those starting the game new. Anyone starting out begins at least 38 levels out (W and up to 99 levels out (W1/2), which changes a lot of things. I have other, competitive characters and if I were starting my only character, I would play it differently, but here's some newbie in old world advice: Have a goal for when your character will be ...

Friday, September 11th 2009, 8:10pm

Good bump, Noble. I hadn't seen this thread, before, and wish it'd been around when I first started playing. I spent a lot of time dithering and made an abundance of errors learning the game. My early experience was in W2, as a Saracen, and I began when the leaders were around level 30. Here are some of my (early) errors: - I bought equipment and horseys because they looked cool (still do for that matter; I drool over the 100 level weapon), and I changed my mind often - I spent a LOT of time hau...

Friday, September 4th 2009, 8:18am

W2, Level 85 Saracen character available

Sorry about the confusion, but Suleiman the Great is me, both in W1 and W2. The character I was advertising was not either of my characters, but a fellow Saracen.

Friday, August 28th 2009, 2:36am

"My side of the story"

This is jib's game over and over and over, and there is no ballster in W2, and you have 1 supporter, ergo...

Friday, August 28th 2009, 2:20am

"My side of the story"

"Ballzy" is another proxy for jib in W2. This has been your game for a long time, jib.

Thursday, August 27th 2009, 11:45pm

"My side of the story"

Mostly I'm offended. Surely, I'm one of those with " little, puny, hearts." Yet, not one of my quotes about you, jib; I feel neglected.

Thursday, August 27th 2009, 11:25pm

"My side of the story"

I don't think this is helping your "cause," jib.

Thursday, August 27th 2009, 12:14am

W2, Level 85 Saracen character available

Contact Suleiman the Great in W1 or W2, or here in the forum, if interested.

Wednesday, August 26th 2009, 9:52pm

More fun in W2

I noticed Sir Matthew has been deleted: There's a great deal of irony here. I've been working on the cheating for a long time in W2, mostly appealing to the AC/OM's of the Christian orders to just play honestly. One practice that I'd seen extensively in KG and ENR was the inserting of clearly inactive players into battles. I remember Sir Matthew (OM or AC) appealing to his high moral character and how could I accuse him of such a thing, and all his players were active, and etc. And... he was a m...

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 11:04pm

Update on my "Experimental" character

It's been a month since my initial post on this topic and I have nothing to do before a HB, so I thought I'd update it. I am now at level 50 (MassMRDR is a 94), with stats averaging 87, the same equipment (Dragon Sword, Leather 2, and Leather Sallet, this stuff is just so I can win SF's with 300 lp, or so), and no horse. I've tentatively decided to buy the level 80 horse, but have to wait for the leaders to get to level 100 so that I can pick up a used nag when someone exchanges for the level 10...

Monday, June 29th 2009, 8:57pm

Level 90 World 1 account for sale

See me, Suleiman the Great in W2, The Prophet in W1, or here.

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 9:13am

I really need a decent W1 character

If you have an order asset you'd be willing to give up, or are going to be leaving the game, please let me know. I'm willing beg or buy, contact me here, The Prophet in W1 or Suleiman the Great in W2.

Friday, June 12th 2009, 8:22pm

On my experimental character

Gentlemen, I want to thank you for an interesting discussion of the issues involved and problems. The gross xp number is the biggest issue, it seems, so the rate of xp/day is critical. I've dramatically stepped up the number of hp hits I'm making per day and I've moved up my plan to go full-blown on xp hunting (by winning fights) to level 50. At that point I'll buy the Akaal and superstat it. It seems best to get through those long stretches between 50 and 60 and then 60 to 70 without pay increa...

Tuesday, June 9th 2009, 9:26pm

The mathematics of horseys

"You will undoubtedly be dead most of the time whether you are online or not if you choose to use this approach, and probably get killed by anyone your level and probably hit for easy experience by many people from below your level. I think you are going to need a LOT of elixirs if you plan to do this." Starting many levels behind the leaders, it is impossible to be competitive at every level and catch up. My idea is not not be competive UNTIL I've caught up (converting the gold at some future t...

Tuesday, June 9th 2009, 9:19pm

Come join WoL

The Warriors of Light is best and strongest Saracen order in all the English-Speaking worlds. We especially like conversions and will supply ticketss. PM me here, The Prophet in W1, or Suleiman the Great in W2.

Tuesday, June 9th 2009, 8:56pm

My Experimental Character, the "No Horse" option

I'm "developing" a W1 character without buying any horses or equipment (I do have a dragon sword, leather 2, and a leather defender, which I bought at minimum). I was curious to know if the leaders could be "caught" (getting within 10 levels of the leaders who were at 85 at the time, ), starting with a new character, while still having competitive stats at that future time. The only way it seemed reasonable to do this was to power level and never spend gold; therefore, no horse and no equipment....

Saturday, June 6th 2009, 1:51am

WoL has characters for good players

Come join the best order in all the English-speaking worlds, the Warriors of Light. And for an experienced and dedicated player, we have a level 80 that needs someone to take him over. Contact Suleiman the Great in W2 or Rebel in W1, or apply directly to WoL (W2).

Saturday, June 6th 2009, 1:47am

The Arabian Knights is recruiting!

We are putting the Saracens together and then we are going after the Christians. Come join in our crusade (jihad)!

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 8:57pm

Looking for a good W1 character

Will pay cash or tickets in world of your choice. Please send me a message if interested.

Friday, April 17th 2009, 7:42am

WoL has characters for good players

We have several good, high-level, characters for those who are willing to commit to the Saracen cause. WoL is the most powerful and important Saracen order in the English-speaking worlds. Contact me here or in W2, if interested.

Wednesday, April 1st 2009, 2:00am

Will Not Bathe!

I promise to BATHE when the policy is changed.

Wednesday, April 1st 2009, 1:07am

So, I'm considering tixxing

I'm sick and tired of being pounded by John the Great in xp attacks. There is now an easy solution - tixxing! If Falcotron's figures (and my interpretation of them) are correct, JtG's total stat gold value is 11,010,822 and mine is 6,631,506 for a difference of 4,379,316, which at 16000 g/ticket works out to 274 tickets, and would cost me $1142. Hmmm. Wonder what my wife would say when she saw charge card balance?

Monday, March 30th 2009, 9:29pm

The one member order

Nope. I've tried it.

Friday, March 27th 2009, 9:04pm

I'm not sure tixxing is going to be a problem

Let me limit my statement; I can only comment with any real authority about W2 Saracens (all) and Christians above my level (80), and a very llimited knowledge of W1. I haven't noticed ANY tixxing. There have to be underlying reasons for this that we, oldworlders, share (besides just being pissed off). The most important one is that tixxing just doesn't make any sense unless you are committed to it, in a big way. The problem with tixxing, at any level, is that it just pushes the cost of the next...

Wednesday, March 25th 2009, 11:10pm

A Petition to Remove the Current Tixxing System

Didn't anyone think to market-test this idea? Sign me up.