You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-50 of 561.

Wednesday, January 6th 2016, 2:57am

Author: Forge

GAS, please seriously consider a throwback world

If we do this, let's spend a month or two discussing, voting, and otherwise TRULY getting the will of the people, instead of just firing when it seems like fun. I'm not saying that's been done, but this would have to be a very serious and very considered first attempt. We could probably get a lot of the old-time names to come give things a go again, but if they get a bad taste and leave again, it's unlikely there could be a second chance. So far this thread is full of ideas I like. Dump work hea...

Saturday, June 14th 2014, 6:32pm

Newsflash To All Hw Players

Quoted from "-Zed-" You didn`t understand the message. You are not allowed to hit campers to make them level up IF they are mods or friend of a mod *evil* See, I didn't know that. I'll have to get on it. It wasn't mentioned in my Mod Training Module.

Thursday, May 1st 2014, 9:27pm

Don`t allow

Quoted from "-Zed-" PS Nice attack on Mainz - gold city - your 5 men order without allies gives on 46 members order, Forge. I know, I know, you want xp I don't know what Cowboy Samurai is doing, and as long as it doesn't break any rules, I really don't care. I'm in KGB precisely because they asked nicely and didn't put any load on me. I'm really not in any of their battles. Also, everyone heard "compensation" and immediately assumed I meant gold changing hands via intentionally lost fights, whi...

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 9:12pm

Don`t allow

My point remains. Instead of complaining about how something isn't playing the game the way you prefer, suggest a rule addition/change. As things stand, this is a thread full of complaints with zero calls to action.

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 3:33pm

Don`t allow

I hear your complaints, but safing a big order's cities for compensation is not against the rules. You may feel it's not the way the game should be played, but the rules don't back you up on that.

Sunday, April 20th 2014, 5:29pm

PayPal and Tickets

Because it's an extra step that other payment providers do not require, and Paypal isn't particularly attractive from a seller's POV?

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 2:09am

Let up on SB bans in different languages

Seconded. I try not to ban folks if they are trying, particularly if they do not speak English. It's unfortunate that the other language mods are not as understanding. If you'd like us to be as draconian as they are, I can take that under advisement, and I will mention to GAS that they might want to have the other language mods be a little less aggressive, but we EN mods have no direct influence over the other language mods, and I don't want them to feel I'm telling them how to do their jobs.

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 7:27pm

New HB Perk

Yeah, not seeing that happening.

Sunday, March 16th 2014, 5:50am

Run Around Sue

Game/account mails do go directly to GAS, mods are not involved. I hope your issue gets resolved for you. Thank you also for rhyming. I enjoyed it when I realized.

Sunday, March 16th 2014, 5:49am

LUCY...you got some 'splainen to do

Very simply, if you have been playing for multiple years, and you make a clear rule violation, we can bypass the formal warning step and go directly to a 24H ban. Aside from new worlds like INT4, it really never comes up, as the number of players that managed to get through multiple years without bans who are suddenly getting them now approaches zero.

Saturday, March 15th 2014, 2:22am

Run Around Sue

support.en is GAS HQ. They work pretty much 9-5, and on German time. You won't get an answer from them on Saturday or Sunday, ever, unless servers are on fire. Didn't see a mod mail. I can check again if you'd like. Can you rhyme next time? You were kind of close. Thanks.

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 3:20pm

LUCY...you got some 'splainen to do

Quoted from "panda__666" And to you..you know who you are....I curse you....sending bad vibes your way you biased bleep ...ban me all you want if it gives you some sort of powerful feeling inside...losers I know you're not talking about me, of course, but if you were, I'd point out that any bypass of the censor gets punished, and the punishments are spelled out very clearly. One warning, optional for well-established players with much experience and/or warnings in other worlds, then 24h, 72h, 7...

Saturday, February 22nd 2014, 4:38am

XP Cap of 30 per battle

Nice to see you again, Ved. I'm not the Gas personnel you're looking for, but I will be making some inquiries about this interaction between the cap and the HoF myself. We need to reset or remove that HoF item if the cap is staying.

Sunday, January 26th 2014, 1:48am

GaS' Attempt to End the Game?

Quoted from "Prince Var" First of all...I don't know why you said "First of all" because there was no second of all. Second of all...they don't listen to anyone not even their own Moderators. The following post is copied from another thread. "Does anyone knows where we can find the admin ??? We are moderators ignored for a long time now who are not getting payed for taking care of oure beloved players We are from the dutch worlds." -Several(SB Moderator) So they aren't even listening to the mod...

Friday, January 24th 2014, 8:54pm

GaS' Attempt to End the Game?

Quoted from "Croaker" Did anybody's wishes become a reality so far? A few, yeah, but not the one with the millions of dollars or the harem. More like the "I wish it didn't do that" type. Those are still wishes, right?

Thursday, January 23rd 2014, 7:31pm

The Update discussion thread

Quoted from "-Zed-" And I have a suggestion but what makes me think that will be looked about if none of sugestions related to update were never took in consideration? Since you have not shared a suggestion, I can guarantee it will not be considered and will not be put into use. Thanks anyways!

Thursday, January 23rd 2014, 5:00pm

Quoted from "-Zed-" Quoted from "Forge" Is it better than any other suggestions so far? Yes. By default. Could you please come with all the other suggestions? Thank you. That's my point, no other corrections have been suggested. If you know of some other way to prevent folks rapidly cycling through cities and gaining more than 5 benefits, SUGGEST, and it can get used. Simply griping about the problem fixes nothing. Suggest a different solution! To say it a different way: Instead of saying "It i...

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 11:31pm

The real problem is that GAS did not foresee orders rapidly switching city perks. The limit of five was meant to keep you from benefitting from more than five cities. If you can switch to five gold cities just before reset, gather the gold, switch to five merc discount cities, hire your mercs, switch to five stat boosting cities, and go to battle, you have the benefits of fifteen cities at battle time. The 25 hour timeout is meant to prevent exactly that. Is it a good fix or the right fix? I don...

Sunday, January 5th 2014, 8:35am

Minimum Price for Elixirs needs reducing

Quoted from "Croaker" GaS dumped that update on us and then went on holidays? To be fair, they were doing a lot of work on it right till they left, and I'm sure they'll be back on it as soon as they're back in, but I'll fully agree that the timing wasn't good, and maybe this patch should have happened now (January), when everyone is here, instead of straddling a major international work holiday.

Sunday, January 5th 2014, 3:50am

Quoted from "Katsuro" Forge, I can think of at least one reason why the thread, and forum overall, has become in terms of the civility: Lack of administration in dealing with this issue. By that I mean support has disappeared totally, both here and in game. There is nothing being done to remedy this situation, its as if GAS tucked tail and split knowing they figged up big time. Do they really think 36 hrs work and a couple weeks premium/BH to select players would pacify people when there was st...

Sunday, January 5th 2014, 3:47am

Quoted from "itsjustme" Quoted from "Hardrada" I think a lot of the angst expressed in this thread comes from the almost total absence of any acknowledgement from GAS there is a BIG problem almost...there has been none on this issue other than at the outset of this fiasco when 1/2 the people with knowledge of said mechanics said "Bonus's don't stack" and the other 1/2 said they do... Well, on that count at least, the official documentation and actual code are exact opposites, I myself was told ...

Friday, January 3rd 2014, 9:36pm

Right or wrong, the level of civility in this thread is critically low. I don't care what everyone thinks or what everyone knows, if we hit the level of name-calling and threats, this thread and any restarts will be locked. Anyone attempting to take the argument into other threads will risk their forum account(s). Really, though, if you have evidence of manipulation as you describe, send a mod mail, we'd love to send it along to GAS. We would need real evidence, not just "he's richer than he sho...

Monday, December 16th 2013, 7:00pm

What happens when Christians get kicked off the map?

I believe worst case, Christians can't lose Rome, it's a HB-only city. I don't think those can be lost. More realistically, I think the Christians will get pushed way back, then shuffle a while, then retake lost ground until we reach some equilibrium.

Friday, December 13th 2013, 10:07pm

Count to 1000!

Vyrus 986 M2

Friday, December 6th 2013, 6:51pm

Persistent testing world with periodic player/order wipes

Quoted from "Penelope" Agree Forge! However, Instead of starting from scratch though with characters, they should just randomly assign the 100's of accounts that they have already established on the server. They need the huge range of levels and stats distribution to best simulate the game. Easily enough addressed. After wipe, each new account is assigned a semi-random amount of gold and xp. The mechanism is there, it just needs to be automated. I say semi-random, because you'd want to link the...

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 4:31pm

Persistent testing world with periodic player/order wipes

An idea, free for the taking. Take the current dev server, wipe all the accounts/orders/etc, and open registration. Point dev.holy-war.net there. Everyone has premium for free, and wipes happen every few weeks or months, as things get stale. Put little orange and black construction signs at the top, and a "Next wipe is in XXXX days, last wipe was YYY days ago" sign. Make it clearly known that you get free prem and possibly some other kinds of bonuses, but that nothing you achieve is permanent. W...

Tuesday, December 3rd 2013, 6:37pm

Remove update until fully tested!

There was plenty of testing, the multi-declare issue wasn't IDed as a bug. The test server had a shorter timer, so we could get more attacks made, and test things. With the very limited number of users on the testing server and the shorter timer, we never had enough declares running at once to see the issue. I don't need to tell you this, and I probably shouldn't have (though I'm not under NDA), so I hope you appreciate the information. The developers are rushing a few small fixes into place to ...

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 10:02pm

Count to 1000!

Ladies and Germans, I present to you the 1971 Porsche 917.

Friday, October 4th 2013, 5:30pm

Count to 1000!

Had to.

Friday, September 27th 2013, 8:36pm

Retro World?

Pene's points, but the quote tags would be a nightmare, so I left them out. All rights reserved. A true retro world also would have... lvl 1 players allowed to battle - This is good. 1 gold min to merc (just to get a merc rating). - This is good. 1 gold to attack players that may be safe (gold lost from the attempt) - This wasn't bad. The inability to leave work, once you set yourself to work (oh how many of us were glad when that changed). - This was VERY good. It chased away some players who d...

Wednesday, September 25th 2013, 5:58pm

Count to 1000!

Took too long googling up an image of the Ducati 906 Paso. Ah well, here's a Ducati 907, better looking anyways!

Saturday, September 21st 2013, 7:37pm

Ducati Corse 898R

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 5:58pm

Count to 1000!

Monday, September 16th 2013, 3:50pm

2hr safety rule

Since CApex said he would post if there is any news, and he has not posted, there is no news. Let's not nag.

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 4:55pm

Count to 1000!

I'm so proud of you, Cookie. And since this thread still has a purpose:

Monday, September 9th 2013, 7:44pm

Count to 1000!

Since it may not be obvious, this is a BK-881 82mm HEAT round.

Saturday, August 31st 2013, 10:57pm

Great Update - Conquer Cities and receive bonuses!

Some of your ideas are interesting, Kinji, and having the city bonus apply to the order directly and not to any individuals appeals to me. Just something I noticed and can comment on, you mentioned not having any first hand information on why a number of people had left... I spoke with Falcotron quite a bit as he was leaving, since I bought a significant number of his accounts. Allow me to share some small selections (Falco and I both have a tendency to talk at length: Why he left AIW: As for me...

Friday, August 30th 2013, 9:04am

Concerns about proposed city battle additions *SPEAK NOW!!!*

I agree with your reasons for creating a discussion thread. While you and I disagree on what is available to discuss at this time, that's immaterial. If you'd like both threads in place, I'd like to place a link to one in the other and lock it, so the discussion can happen in one place, rather than have two threads serving the same purpose in two locations. I thought it might be confusing to have two discussions underway, with some folks in one but not the other. If you disagree, I can leave bot...

Friday, August 30th 2013, 1:54am

Concerns about proposed city battle additions *SPEAK NOW!!!*

Did you want the other thread moved here, or did you mean to make two identical threads?

Monday, August 26th 2013, 4:58am

strict registration for forum

Quoted from "Kinji" I remember adding a simple math problem that changed from time to time and saw no more spambots on my site. Granted that was a phpbb3 forum and easy integration (probably 10 minutes). On my day job forum, I can pull stats for you. The current questions are "What is 7+4" and "Is Denmark in Europe". We also have captcha via ReCaptcha 2, and have a rather complex IP/account association and account management (banning) system. We had 322 registrations in the last two months, 79 ...

Monday, August 26th 2013, 2:53am

strict registration for forum

As administering public bulletin boards is part of my professional life, I feel I must impart some clue. While there are modifications and extensions that can make it more difficult to register for a BB, that's a two edged sword. Especially in the case of HW, where the 13-18 year demographic is heavily courted, you don't want to make registration too difficult, as it chases away customers. Also, while in the past most BB spam was posted by automated scripts (bots), these days something in the or...

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 7:08am

quiz ?

I really don't care how you feel about her, or about how your fictitious silent majority feels, or how anyone feels. She's a mod, and she's a good person, and your aggressive remarks aren't helping anyone. Don't cry to me when you get banned for it. It's not WHO you're harassing, it's that you're harassing at all.

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 6:25am

quiz ?

Ok sorry, bad word choice. Not canned, left. He is not here anymore, that's why there are no quizzes. Kinji: Why are you so gung ho to go after Pene? Give it a rest, man.

Wednesday, August 7th 2013, 6:39pm

quiz ?

The guy who did the quiz got canned.

Monday, July 29th 2013, 6:53am

stop blaming players for tixxing!

I used to believe in new horse every 20, in the more active worlds, then went to new every 30 as the worlds slowed and having a more statted horse made more sense. I've now hit the point where I'm not sure I'll ever buy another horse.

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 9:58pm

Lottery plunders

On the off chance this happens, I'd like to further suggest that these lottery plunders add personal stats. I know I sometimes leave a horse alone and build personal stats while I'm waiting for a better horse to become available. For me at least, it would be heartbreaking to win this "lottery" and have the result go to my destined-for-death horse.

Friday, July 5th 2013, 9:14pm

Lottery plunders

Quoted from "Klesst" That's a nice idea. *copy/paste & forward* Why thank you! I hope it's popular.

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 9:09pm

Lottery plunders

Everyone seems to be sad about the decreased work pay and increased plunder payouts in the recent patches. It's understandable. I also hear a lot of complaining among the high level players that it's hard to put together enough money to increase a stat these days, with 12 hours work + 120 min of plunders only allowing to increase their lowest stat, only a horse stat, or no stats at all! Perhaps another approach, another solution, would be to implement "lottery" style plunders. Every 100 or every...

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 6:55pm

2hr safety rule

We do not care to have Kinji speak for us. In life, the only opinion you can truly express is your own.

Friday, June 28th 2013, 4:05pm

Requests

I support 1,2,3,5,6 and 8. I disagree with 4, just have an active order and get them to donate regularly. This is part of the strategy of HW. I have no strong opinion on 7 or 9, as I do not play non-prem and do not "marry" in HW. (In RL is enough, perhaps too much)