You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-50 of 183.

Friday, June 12th 2009, 7:51pm

Author: Morgan

Tutorial for animated GIFs anywhere?

The Avatar is not going to work with a .mov, .avi or .wmv format. It will take .gif formats, which can be a signle image, or multiple images with time stamp information. this effectively creates an animated Avatar.

Sunday, March 29th 2009, 8:49am

making a non-tixxing agreement for w2

I swear to spend every spare dime I have on stats....... which means I'll be spending $0

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 5:29pm

For Sale in W7

Why do people think that accounts that should be less than 1or 2 weeks old are worth anything?

Friday, March 20th 2009, 5:17pm

W8 When will it open

Quoted from "falcotron" And if I'm so good at math, why can't I even count to 1? That is what happens when you get popular. You quit having to think, because everyone does everything for you.

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 7:20am

BLUE DRAGON WIZARD

The problem with Dragons is that they take centuries to level..... Now our great great grand children might have something to worry about once he advances past a hatchling to a toddler.

Sunday, March 15th 2009, 1:05am

Quoted from "Jabbar ad-Din" i just want a program that can make a slideshow for the pictures. If you just want a slide show, there are a lot of ways to do it. Are you using a PC? Try Windows movie maker. Or try searching on tucows.com for free slide show creation software. -IF you havn't noticed, I never buy anything!

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 3:42pm

I use paint.net. It is free, and has a good user community that has created a lot of plugins for effects, and a lot of tutorials to help you learn how to use it. To create the animated avatars, I've had to create each frame individually, save it as a .gif, then use one of the many free animated gif creation files to load the images, set the delay, and save the file.

Friday, March 13th 2009, 7:20am

Health Care

Just my two cents, since I have actually lived in more than one country. Health care in the US is excessively expensive. The health care industry in general is not regulated the way that most industries are. People pick providers based on who they are insured with, rather than who provides a better cost. Having said that though, the service provided is far superior that what I saw in the Czech Republic. I had a friend (another US citizen) who had an ulcer while in a smaller city. We took him to ...

Friday, March 13th 2009, 7:06am

The Hauling Horizon II: Return of the Son of Hauling Horizon Strikes Back

Quoted from "falcotron" (Guess which stock makes up the majority of my portfolio.) Not the first time that you have mentioned which pit you like to through your money into..... I've recently made the switch to paint.net. Another great freeware program to compete with the big names.

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 4:03pm

Dancing Smurf

Especially for Falco.... this one is Avatar sized, just in case.

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 7:00pm

W2 Merc Orders

Quoted from "falcotron" Morgan broke his addiction to the game--good for him. On the other hand, that means no more pictures of smurf gardeners.... I can come up with another one for the next Easter Card competition if you like.

Tuesday, March 3rd 2009, 11:03pm

The HW Memorial

Quoted from "anony" And Jarlath MacKennard gave the Morgan account to a world 6er Actually the W2 Morgan account was going to be deleted because it was being used as a Multi. Admin contacted the original owner and gave them the option to take the account back to prevent this from happening...

Friday, August 15th 2008, 8:53am

Accounts for give away, need good owner

MIT is in good hands. Before I left we actually did get an alliance with SWORD, thanks to connections with the new W2 OM taking over you char.

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 7:53pm

I'm still browsing the forums Cerebus. I don't have a W1 char anymore though.

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 8:21am

W2 Merc Orders

Supply and demand. Sometimes the consumers push back.

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 8:15pm

W5 is now given away as well.

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 6:51pm

Amusing comments in SB and PM's

Is it bad that I remember most of these W3 comments?

Monday, August 11th 2008, 10:16pm

W3 has been taken over by LargeHuman. I've had two offers for W5, but both are new players. I'll hand it over to one of them if I don't get an offer from someone more experienced.

Monday, August 11th 2008, 9:24pm

W2 Morgan - Christian LVL 57 W3 Seragus - Pagan LVL 50 W5 NewbieTron - Christian LVL 30

Monday, August 11th 2008, 8:32pm

Due to non-game related issues (actually due entirely to IRL the significant other) I will be giving away my accounts in W2 W3 and W5. They are well established accounts, and need a good owner. I've sent this out in game to quite a few people, but I will also post here. PM me on the forums if your interested.

Monday, August 11th 2008, 4:17am

W2 Merc Orders

Not sure, but the Post-Morgan EnR has lost all but one or two of our battles, and become the hotbed of controversy. We have however grown in numbers and alliances.

Monday, August 11th 2008, 2:50am

W2 Merc Orders

Your being generous with your 3 losses in a row statement, but I won't tell you the real answer. I'm not making peace if that means financing the premium status of half of W2. We are still trying to figure out exactly how to make this work. It's not a popular position. The negative attention has made it even more dificult to implement. Don't loose heart so fast though.

Sunday, August 10th 2008, 5:18pm

So who are the strongest orders in each world?

I think it refers more to the OMs that can point their finger at someone and say, 'Destroy them'. and It happens. Either One on One or Order Vs. Order. Ticket mercs can only help you with half of that.

Sunday, August 10th 2008, 5:05pm

So who are the strongest orders in each world?

Are we talking true peak power, or RMS power. Oh wait... I think he blew a fuse, so not much either way.

Saturday, August 9th 2008, 4:05pm

SOV's Grand Opening & Grand Closing???

Anyone who has led an aggressive order in any world will know that complaints come from 9 / 10 battles about how your attack for some reason is not fair. Most of the complains are a just a load of whining from those who are upset that they will have to put some effort into their defense. Don't let them bother you. Secondly, I'm not sure what the strategy your referring to is. Hire everyone in sight with Tickets? Nothing wrong with it. It works. I wouldn't pretend like its a secret though. What h...

Saturday, August 9th 2008, 8:29am

PETITION for more sitter abilities

I refuse to sit others accounts, but I think the request is reasonable Signed Morgan

Friday, August 8th 2008, 10:43pm

Best Players From Each World

Could we add a 3rd tier, most entertaining?

Thursday, August 7th 2008, 4:22pm

Merc orders...

There is technically nothing different between a merc order and a regular order. It is just how the players in that order chose to represent themselves. I see nothing wrong with it as far as allowing it or not. There are many aspects of the game that are technically legal, but the player community will try to self-regulate. That would be the only answer if you don't like Merc. orders.

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 4:16pm

W2 Merc Orders

Quoted from "Simon Templar" Lets examine what they have done so far: 1. Sent out PMs offering to fight against us beause we refused to be bullied . 2. Threatened to withhold support for their allies if they ever hired mercs. 3. (New) Declared war on a 5 man merc order with their 40+ man order. (BTW this merc volunteered for this one) All of these three things were done by different people. I am on #3 because we battled FEAR yesterday. People wanted to see a battle, so I picked an easy one after...

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 4:35am

W2 Merc Orders

To answer Simon Templar. You are exactly right, I am behind everything. I have a master plan to eventually take over the whole world, then move out from W2 to the other worlds! Seems everyone is catching on now though, so I will have to go ask Pinky and the Brain for another plan..... So KOC being disbanded was not the act of their own OM. Someone without permission accessed their OMs account and dissolved the order. They asked if the could join EnR at that point. We gladly accepted.

Monday, August 4th 2008, 4:42am

W2 Merc Orders

Quoted from "General Lee Speaking" Dont' make me laugh, you just like to cause trouble! Oh uh, someone is calling Tat out. You should come back and kick his can!

Monday, August 4th 2008, 3:05am

W2 Merc Orders

It is no secret that all the big merc names are trying to protect their market. They want us to believe that you have to have them to survive. Can't blame them for trying to protect their market though.

Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 6:37am

W2 Merc Orders

Yes, I called W4 still very N00bish. In W5, I still have to explain to 'very experienced W4 players' how an order battle victor is actually decided, what factors matter in the way the outcome will go, how frequently you can battle, ect. the list goes on and on. You could really learn a lot by coming to W1 or W2. You would not be a top player, unless you picked up an account someone is leaving. (Please do if you get the chance, we want to keep the top levels around). You would however learn a lot...

Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 6:16am

W2 Merc Orders

Just for the Record W3 is no where near the state W2 is in. We have a LOT of pagan orders that battle very frequently, and often don't use mercs at all. I don't see W3 getting to the point where I would even try to make this argument applicable for there. In W5 there are only 4 people worth hiring. Anyone else you hire, it is just as a favor. Again, this thread is not really applicable there. You have nothing to fear of your still very N00bish W4 being tainted.

Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 6:07am

W2 Merc Orders

Quoted from "DisturbedMind" .... tickets ... premium ticket ... ticket .... premium ticket .... tixxing, ... ticket ... tixx ... tixx ... tixxing ... tickets . Someone has tickets on the brain. Everyone knows that giving a ticket is an alternative to paying cash. Refraining from hiring mercs. comes at all levels, not just the stalls. You see, there is this little thing called integrity...

Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 5:59am

W2 Merc Orders

Quoted from "Mangle" So what of Merc xxx that does not have the time or care for anything other than working, plundering, HB, and the occasional exp battle... and the only thing he offers is in lieu of him working the 8 hours he fights in a cause he cares not for. Regardless of the plus or minus it is actually more favorable to work 22 hours out of the day to come out @ +22k (154k a week) not including tavern and plunders. With the given scenario we assume that both Morgan and Merc XXX are work...

Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 5:43am

W2 Merc Orders

Let me respond to the Thug comment first of all A thug to me is someone who beats people up for money. Now what is a merc? Just about the same definition. But then again, all of us plunder and attack for gold or exp, so it makes the name here non-unique, and not worth getting upset about.. Or are you just so vain that you think this song is about you? Lets throw some math out here now. Morgan is a faithful order member. He donates 500 gold every day for two weeks (7K gold). He battles for his al...

Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 4:59am

W2 Merc Orders

This is an interesting spin everyone is trying to put on my Thread here, but your missing the point. This is not about whither or not mercs are dedicated to the game. They are on the top for a reason. This is about how those who chose not to be mercenaries are deciding to play. What do you decide to do? Pay someone else to be tough enough to fight for you, or do you work on yourself to be tough enough to not have to pay. Most of us just seem to want to pay someone else to do the hard work.

Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 4:04am

W2 Merc Orders

Quoted from "Simon Templar" start looking at yourselves instead of looking to pass the blame on the mercs. The blame is not with the mercs themselves. I don't think anything bad about anyone who chooses to be a mercenary. It is with the culture that we have developed that I have a problem with. Quoted from "John the Great" ow often do you and your order members want to keep repeating that same process to those same results? There is still a lot of variability that is here. The end result will s...

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 8:08am

W2 Merc Orders

I am referring specifically to W2 with my arguments here. My persona in W3 and W5 are very different than in W2. I can't agree that I would agree with myself on these points, but then W2 is in a different situation than those places are right now. Take this as Morgan writing, not Morgan's Player Mercs. What are they? I think they are a leach on society. Good orders tax their members with donating daily. In the long run this is thousands and thousands of gold they give. Where does this money go? ...

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 6:46am

Declaration Of Pagan Unity!

My only comment about this is that you seem to have forgotten your history, or at least not mentioned it. Pagans have owned W3 from the beginning. The Christians ability to win any fair fight has been a recent development. They still loose when we come in force though.

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 6:38am

Stats Balance

I started wondering about the horse in W1 when I bought my first Shire (it was 5 levels above me at that point). I trained its states above my Chars, but it didn't seem to help as much as I thought it should when adding totals to those the players I attacked. I would not be surprised if it only helped up to a point (maybe %50 of players stats), and then started having diminishing returns in comparison. The listed horse stats on the character displayed in the screen shots would support that theor...

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 6:31am

Looking for an Order to join.

When it comes down to it, it depends on Play style really. I have had people leave NV because they didn't like the 'Big' orders (we have 16 members, with 5 of them active). Some people just like to be intricately involved in the order dealings. Real large orders (not like NV) don't usually provide this opportunity. This Really big orders though do have a lot of other benefits. Members can help you out a lot with hand-me-down gear, protections, playing advice, ect. I would say, look at the availa...

Friday, August 1st 2008, 6:29am

RE: A Warning to the Cheaters

Check the announcements section of the forums. All the details are there.

Friday, August 1st 2008, 4:26am

RE: A Warning to the Cheaters

All I have to say is THANK YOU ADMIN! I could give you a list of other players who I would suspect are cheating, but I think you would quickly realize that the list is limited to all players not of my faith with higher stats than me. I was surprised about RaHaN too, but this isn't the first time that a well liked player has been caught cheating.

Tuesday, July 29th 2008, 6:46am

XP Cows

So everyone talks about keeping a list of Cash Cows. You know, the players you can always hit for good gold? Well, I was wondering how many of you keep XP cow lists. The kinds you can hit for 2 xp and know you will always beat. I suspect I am on quite a few of those lists in W3 and W5.

Sunday, July 27th 2008, 3:51am

Stats Balance

What good is hitting hard if you cant hit? I beat people often with 10 points higher STR then me, but I have over 40 points in STA and DEF.

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 10:09pm

You know you're addicted to HW when...

when you recruit your oldest offspring to sit your account for you while your at work.

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 8:29pm

Why new players should go to world 4

Quoted from "Chaos Warrior" Then there is the "Love Boat" style SB there I don't play in W4, but that has been the trend for new worlds Since W3. W3 has it mostly cleared out now. W5 is probably worse than W4 for that.