You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-50 of 115.

Monday, April 26th 2010, 5:32pm

Author: illyrian

Cliff Notes for Mathematics on Horses?

clearly the answer is it depends. One major dependence is the number of high level people in your world, and also the age of the world. (the more high level people you got and the newer the world, the faster you level for the same level up) That being said, a good rule of thumb is to go through these two paths depending on when you started: if you started more than 3 weeks after the world opened: lvl 8 welsh, lvl 25 brab, lvl 50 A-Tek, lvl 80 and every 20-30 lvls depending on the specific horse....

Friday, April 23rd 2010, 4:00am

Multi-Account Rule.

I think don't ask don't tell would be the appropriate course of action here. However, this is assuming that you are really not doing anything with it.

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 10:37am

Great...Another Ticket Promotion

Quoted from "falcotron" Quoted from "illyrian" Quoted from "falcotron" Online service companies like Facebook, YouTube, Google, and Amazon are on 12-, 18-, or 24-month schedules. You gotta be kidding me. Where did you pull this from? Since i have worked in one of them, and am currently working in another one on that list... i must say this is patently untrue. I got it from the people we worked with at those 4 companies that we were partnered with. If we gave them a new release of our software t...

Friday, December 18th 2009, 10:05am

Great...Another Ticket Promotion

Quoted from "falcotron" Online service companies like Facebook, YouTube, Google, and Amazon are on 12-, 18-, or 24-month schedules. You gotta be kidding me. Where did you pull this from? Since i have worked in one of them, and am currently working in another one on that list... i must say this is patently untrue.

Sunday, October 18th 2009, 6:59pm

EXPERIENCED CAMPERS: LOOK HERE

Quoted from "Dradaki" And while you camp you fall far behind and when you finally break camp if you are not able to continue ridiculous hauling you wont train a stat for 20 levels. Sure you may be able to pound lvl 11's and people close to your level, but wont help you against those who are 35 levels above you when you finally get the 50 stats. XP hitting will only take you so far until you reach those your stats and then you will still be 20 levels behind. actually drad depends on the world. i...

Friday, October 9th 2009, 5:04am

Hola

Quoted from "erialc" I'm too lazy to create another character and way to meticulous to spell my name wrong but I can see why you thought that You spelled that wrong now come insult me by PM

Friday, October 9th 2009, 4:20am

attack systeem

Quoted from "Forge" It wasn't you, but Master Merlin in W1 SFed on me a number of times when I first started, even after I nicely asked him to leave me be. Once I have enough of a lead on him, I will smash him, crush his order, and drive his soul from his corpse. I mean that in the nicest possible way, of course. Actually there is one more thing you can do. If anyone is constantly attacked by someone higher level and they are not getting any gold, you can whine to the HWT and they will threaten...

Wednesday, October 7th 2009, 5:12am

Just to get some love and attention

Quoted from "Lycan26" Name: Lycan26 Order: N/A LVL: 26 Quoted from "Lycan26" Victories: 106 Defeats: 260 You gotta be kidding me....

Tuesday, October 6th 2009, 5:22pm

Alas, World 4, I knew ye!

I mean no disrespect either Janet, but if you think that the Borg was a main reason why w4 is what it is now then you should welcome yourself in the group of fleas too. Much of the early success of the Borg came with your help. Heck you were in LG for some time (and I admit that that's why i chose to join LG instead of DIE). As far as w4 situation now, it might be possible that there are very very few people left there, and compared to other worlds people in w4 seem to actually care for their op...

Tuesday, October 6th 2009, 5:00am

Holy War Book Club - For those of us who like to read

1. Atlas Shrugged 2 - 98. empty spots 100. The Fountainhead

Tuesday, October 6th 2009, 4:49am

Account selling

Quoted from "Forge" Quoted from "falcotron" Quoted from "Forge" Quoted from "falcotron" For those who don't play W1, the top players are about to hit level 101, and have stats about 5x as high. 4X higher. Let's not exaggerate! If you just count personal stats, Bogong's are 4.5x his. If you count total stats (including the horse), mine are 4.9x his. I think it's fair to call that "about 5x". Nothing against him--for a non-premium who doesn't play regularly, str8gunnin has done a fine job. It's j...

Tuesday, October 6th 2009, 4:04am

Alas, World 4, I knew ye!

Quoted from "The Black Knight" Quoted from "blert" When pairing up blocks A, B, C, D, and E into groups of threes, how many possible combinations can one get? Still, it would mean a slightly different set of battles every two weeks, which could be interesting. D'oh! Missed this. 5x4x3, if I remember right, or 60 different combinations. Unfortunately you don't remember right it is C(5,3) or 5 x 4 x 3 / ( 3 x 2) or 10.

Thursday, October 1st 2009, 6:30am

More on suicides

This is interesting. Both TBK, and falco admitted that they would not have supported the attack. And I don't doubt their word. Quoted from "The Black Knight" There was one member of the council who strongly disagreed with the timing of this attack. However, by the time I got around to writing my PM and sending it off, the battle was already declared. Quoted from "falcotron" Well, I still don't know all of the circumstances or the backstory, but I'm guessing I also would have voted to either sit ...

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 5:26pm

How the game has changed

Quoted from "Rebell" I apologise to Illy...it has been so far back that I was confused myself. Was going to put he/she but thought that may be wrong so chose she. Now that you have corrected me , I shall of course refer to Illy as He. Thanks, but you didn't have to apologize. I have never payed attention to it. Reason for putting a female avi was because in w5 i started playing as a girl. I knew that playing as female is harder in HW unless you put an avi a la Mildred. Quoted from "Rebell" But ...

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 5:40am

More on suicides

If you have played in W4 for at least a month, you must have heard of the term suicide and all the negative connotations that it brings. If you are unfamiliar with the term here is a quick explanation: A suicide attack is when a small order (usually insignificant) attacks a super order (lets name it this super order X) with no solid winning plan, thus defeat is guaranteed. By doing so, they prevent X from fighting any battle 30 mins prior to 30 mins after their battle time. That further means th...

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 5:04am

How the game has changed

claire, as much as i would love to show that TBK played favorites... i can't... his behavior was impartial and professional. That is all for this thread.. the suicide thing is a dear topic to me and i will post it on another thread so that the parties interested can write there (if they choose to).

Monday, September 28th 2009, 6:16pm

How the game has changed

Quoted from "The Black Knight" For the record, had I been in her shoes, I would have said something to the nature of "We're leaving the Borg and trying something else. Beyond that, I don't want to say." And of course, as I've said, she might very well have said something to that nature. That's just not what I thought she said. Actually, another detail is that the only alliance that she had for sure secured was KT. S-B made a huge leap of faith there; by dropping both BoW and DWL, and then askin...

Monday, September 28th 2009, 3:24pm

How the game has changed

Quoted from "The Black Knight" Quoted from "illyrian" Wrong. TBK can attest to it. erialc was in chat with him, discussed the reasons for leaving (wanting a new challenge, etc) and gave you guys 4-7 days time heads up when the alliance was going to be dissolved. What more could have you asked? As for being in talks with orders that were your enemies, well given that the freaking world had 2 freaking factions, and she was parting ways from one, what would you have possibly expected? S-B staying ...

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 11:16pm

How the game has changed

Quoted from "Rebell" Just a little clarification......your first quote shows your arrogance..........ready to lick our feet?!.....you Jesus or something like that?........ It is called hyperbole Angelus. When someone says 'I could eat a horse' it means that they are very hungry, not that they could literally eat a horse. Quoted from "Rebell" When Angelus declared on S-B , the DWL Council was in place and advised him and were fully aware of what was happening. I personally find it hard to believ...

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 4:44pm

Selling Strongest W2 Account -- SOLD!!! :)

dunno.. the only time i used to sell pots is when i was buying big purchases like armors, swords or horses. other than that, whenever i was short of a stat i would go to the tavern. That helps save 10% of the traders fee in the long run. Sure, 10% doesnt sound that much, but if your stats are in the 170s now, 10% of that is a lot!

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 6:14am

Quoted from "Forge" Quoted from "illyrian" Quoted from "Noble" Well, if that's a crime, then it's one that I'm guilty of, because I've done this several times in W1 where I would save up a bunch of elixirs and then sell them off and stat up on a weekend. why would some people do this, has always beat me the heck out of me... Why? Because tix aren't cheap and most folks are paid biweekly. (Referring to Jib and not Noble) And what exactly is preventing you from stating at the end of the work shif...

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 3:30am

INTER WORLD BATTLES

Quoted from "The Black Knight" The tixxer, though, completely disrupts all of this and takes part in none of it. No effort, no studying, no brainpower, no hard work or time spent. Just a quick purchase of tickets and all of the effort that all the rest of us have put in to master the game is flushed down the toilet. True, some tixxers also manage to be good players on top of the tixxing, but to me, the practice as a whole is completely anathema to the idea of a "game." This is exactly what i di...

Saturday, September 26th 2009, 9:40pm

INTER WORLD BATTLES

Quoted from "The Black Knight" Quoted from "redwhitedragons" Can we stop fighting amongst ourselves for 1 or even 2 minutes and realise all our characters on the english server be it Non-tixxers or Mega Tixxers, Cheaters or Non cheaters are all coming together for a single cause, Our W1 through to W8 characters are all going to be fighting side by side against another server, What counts is the amount of people we get to sign up for battle and we all get the same vantage as a HB afterwards. And...

Saturday, September 26th 2009, 9:26pm

Quoted from "Noble" Quoted from "Underground" Jibs stats were always like that. They stayed the same for weeks and then they would raise by like 10 or 15. If he saved nothing but elixers it would definitely be possible. Well, if that's a crime, then it's one that I'm guilty of, because I've done this several times in W1 where I would save up a bunch of elixirs and then sell them off and stat up on a weekend. why would some people do this, has always beat me the heck out of me...

Saturday, September 26th 2009, 7:00pm

How the game has changed

I disagree. - KT, INQ, Zao, Bogong were more than enough to beat DWL (just the order, not the allies and their mercs) - add MoFo to the equation and that would have made up for the support they would have gotten for BoW (provided BoW would split) - the other mercs would have made up for DWL mercs - all your other sub par allies would have made up for the pagan allies that DWL had (KDM and the likes) In my mind there was also a comfortable margin of error, given that DIE was hyper active at that ...

Saturday, September 26th 2009, 9:24am

How the game has changed

Quoted from "blert" Yes, but look at KT's position. Our Christian allies except for INQ were split between our battle and Ronin's, which means that we only had half support from TTW. INQ was technically split between us and S-B, but was supposed to help out KT according to the plan. We also had no support from S-B, and none from DIE, which was probably the biggest single factor. Every time before that when we'd beat BoW and DWL, it was with DIE brawn driving us. Instead, we had basically KT and...

Saturday, September 26th 2009, 8:58am

How the game has changed

Quoted from "blert" No, illy, it wasn't ungratefulness. I was pre-hired by Ronin to fight a battle, and backing out would have been bad form. I read the pm you sent erialc, blert. It went something like this.. "Ria asked me to merc against an uknown opponent not allied to KT, I accepted. It turned out to be DIE, well i couldnt have backed". Well of course you should have honored the contract, no doubt about it. But lets think for a moment.. Ronin at that time was allied to all active (and semi-...

Saturday, September 26th 2009, 7:14am

How the game has changed

Quoted from "blert" And I'd done the math on that battle, too, erialc. I agreed with illy that KT could have taken BoW in that fight, but there was no way against DWL, which was about three or four times stronger at the time than BoW was among the top levels. We'd have had INQ and KT and mercs against DWL, and every way I sliced it, we were going to lose that fight. Even if we'd been able to tie up Atropos and the rest of MoFo before they could volunteer for Ronin, which they were doing at that...

Saturday, September 26th 2009, 6:34am

How the game has changed

Quoted from "erialc" You can say what you want about illy, but he knows numbers and I can assure you if Icerail had contacted the merc's like he was supposed to do, KT would of won. Actually, claire, another detail was that i was in IRC with Atropos as the battles were about to be declared (I actually tried previously to fish and asked her if she would be available for a battle against someorder other than Ronin the day after... I know that whenever she holds a blind she would either not reply ...

Friday, September 25th 2009, 5:54pm

How the game has changed

Quoted from "falcotron" When blert, IceRail, and Clyde gave me their side of the story, you refused to say anything, and Illy said something like "", can you blame me for believing them? For someone who's usually an (instinctive) master of PR, that wasn't the smartest move.... What happened is that after that event you go and post http://forum.holy-war.de/board/wbb_en/in…d&threadID=7578 where you basically say that KT was hosed over by their allies who declared on the same time to go for a chea...

Friday, September 25th 2009, 10:33am

How the game has changed

Quoted from "blert" Illy couldn't keep shut for a couple days about our really cool plan and told one too many persons, and then everything fell apart as a result Dear blert.. i know you don't like me and I am fine with it. moreover i don't give a damn about it. that doesnt mean that i don't respect you. on the contrary i think you are a very smart and capable player but let's set the record straight a bit. First and foremost do you have a SINGLE evidence about this claim? no matter how circums...

Thursday, September 10th 2009, 9:52am

How the game has changed

Quoted from "blert" There was simply too much power consolidated among those orders. S-B was the exception, but the problem with taking on S-B was that every smaller Pagan order loved them and volunteered in droves for them, so I'm not sure that a Christian order could have beaten them either. Keep in mind that Christians had barely 10 or 12 people in the top 50 at that time, and a good portion of them were not in orders--Zao, Raidon, Yooper, Renoir, Bogong--so the existing orders simply lacked...

Saturday, July 25th 2009, 6:41pm

How to Merc Like an Accountant

Wow. I typed this yesterday as i was falling asleep with my laptop no my chest. Wow, i sounded like LoM By helping the non-dominant faction get their act together, i meant exactly what you described that the grinder did. not just dying pointlessly. About the fourth way you described for a 2nd tier merc, while i think it is a nice theory, i also think it almost never works. The reason for that is simply that if you are a pseudo-merc then the orders that "engage" you will do so only at ridiculousl...

Saturday, July 25th 2009, 9:26am

How to Merc Like an Accountant

by and large i agree if we are talking about a strict short term profit. but as we both know and as you mentioned earlier the game is not solely about this. For the top tier mercs i would like to add that sometimes the balance of the work factors into the fees. if the world is balanced then your statement is 100% valid. if the world is not then as a top merc you get into a situation where the dominant order might be able to win battles without you and therefore they offer considerably less than ...

Monday, July 20th 2009, 6:10am

a brief report from a different world

I know almost nothing about W1, except what Dasha would occasionally tell me. She did mention how Meph, Coal and other xtians that would support her pagan order were called Dasha's lapdogs by the other xtians but thats about it. Maybe it is the fact that christians heavily outnumber the other faiths so much so that it is utterly pointless to have all xtians in one bucket? If this is not the case, then i stand corrected. However i did play in w2 - w6 and i could easily tell how faith shaped the w...

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 7:21pm

a brief report from a different world

This week i am on call so i am stuck at home with very little mobility. So i had some time in my hands and i created an account for the Italian World 2. The highest level is 17 (the world just started) but what stroke me are two facts: 1. religion doesnt matter at ALL 2. there are 3 factions already, and there are 7 orders so far! Faction 1 is Christian - Pagan - Saracen Faction 2: Christian - Pagan Faction 3: Christian - Saracen and right now there is a christian vs christian battle going on. I...

Saturday, July 11th 2009, 5:11pm

Why is HW inherently bipolar?

First off, no doubt that there are awesome christian players in W4 (as in every other world) and i am not, in any way, saying that if you are christian you have inherently inherited the characteristics that i previously mentioned. However, you sort of have to abide but them or you can't have a decent order. To address the question as how this applies to W4 let me quickly sum up its evolution (yes it is biased so i am not claiming it is the holy truth): W4 started, christians either went to an "a...

Saturday, July 11th 2009, 10:20am

granted i know absolutely nothing about W1. but i have seen w2, w4, w5, w6. w5 developed differently, but in w2, w4, w6 the same pattern persist. That of christian orders playing in block. Now w4 might have changed and might allow room for more factions to emerge however the christians are still allied to each other and would never declare war against among themselves. when a world is young, players are clustered together in the top levels so the numbers are important. even in w4, where christia...

Saturday, July 11th 2009, 3:40am

Don't know how i stumbled on this thread today, but given what I have seen in another world besides w4 which i was active in, I think I have developed a theory as to why there is such a bipolarity. It all boils down to the peeps playing christian. As we all know in terms of raw numbers the christians outnumber both religions combined. This fact doesn't tell much by itself but lets chip in some more characteristics of the typical xtian player: 1. never attack a christian 2. a christian player is ...

Tuesday, February 10th 2009, 5:59am

Pre-Strikes---Myth or Reality

Quoted from "Janet H" When I'm running pre-strikes with a solid group of dedicated pre-strikers, I don't want anyone else doing pre-strikes because I cannot control the rate at which my targets are being taken down or when to hit them next. can't agree more... i would not give camp lists to non-solid players even if they wanted to help my order due to being afraid that they would simply SF the enemy big guns, and i would gladly give camp lists to eager mediocre opponents that were asking for it...

Thursday, January 22nd 2009, 5:32pm

The evolution of HW worlds according to Atros

wow how did i miss this thread :p At any rate, it's a fact that the number of high levels starts dwindling as the world evolves. And this (as atros explained) it is easy to explain: for any high level that quits it would take extremely long for a newcomer to develop somewhat decent a character with respect to the rest of the high players in the world. Chances are that that person will quit halfway through frustration. In addition to what was said about giving xp in proportion to level difference...

Friday, December 26th 2008, 3:39am

BP verus Falcotron----HW presents-Last Man Standing

since i dont have anything better to do at the moment, which is sad... why wouldn't Texas fall into the gulf of mexico? because oklahoma sucks! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7PjELgMhjo Hook'em Horns

Wednesday, December 24th 2008, 10:45pm

which religion is better and why?

some people keep mentioning over and over that playing as a christian is easy, pagan medium and saracen is hard... am i the only one that thinks this is incorrect? granted that i dont have as much experience in this game as some of the veterans that post here, and that i have quit playing a while ago and just log in every couple of days to see what's going on without actively perusing every possible detail. HOWEVER, when i was playing w4 and w5 and when i was sitting for the longest time an OM i...

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 3:25am

Plunders in new version

Quoted from "The Black Knight" If I remember correctly, wasn't the max something like 700+(Lvl/100*700), or 707 at 1st level? maybe TBK they are only using ints therefore if level is 1 - 99, then the division would evaluate to 0. hence the max is still 700 :p.

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 5:37am

My Greatest HW Teachers

in general i have learned something from anyone with who i have exchanged more than 3 pms but the people that really do stand out in my "teachers list", in no particular order than the "subject they taught me": for individual character building: Atropos falcotron erialc Dasha cerno for order management: erialc Gamble Atropos Behemoth falcotron Black Wind for showing me that you can do well without spending either a lot of money or a lot of time: Bercilak Dawn and for what i consider the best cat...

Monday, December 8th 2008, 3:14pm

KT and their allies

Quoted from "eiramarolf" And that is why I and most of us have listed him as a favorite teacher for this game And that is why you are merely a sheep, as most people in this game.

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 8:30am

KT and their allies

lmao, i merely stated that you had no info whatsoever on what happened the other night. but you still chose to cast doubt on KT's ally going for a cheap win, and yet you meant no insult? again as i said before you have no basis of information on what went on, and how intense last night was. so what an average human being would do is keep their mouth shut about things they dont know. as far as going for cheap wins... i cant wait for DWL to attack S-B with DIE tied up in another battle against an ...

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 7:37am

RE: KT and their allies

Quoted from "falcotron" I don't know what went on between KT and S-B earlier, and it's none of my business. ... but of course that doesnt stop falco from getting involved and lecturing, anyway...

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 11:58pm

So who are the strongest orders in each world?

Quoted from "The Black Knight" Correction... Gamble, I suggested on more than one occasion before the breakup that DWL and LG should fight. You just chose not to do that, and both you and Falco cited numerous reasons why we shouldn't. None of which I agreed with, but of course it wasn't my decision to make. yeah i wanted that fight too... i wanted LG to get that 18K haul not DIE