You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-50 of 100.

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 6:31pm

Author: Gamble

funeral services are pending for W4

W4 definitely was the high point for me when it came to HW. After that it just seemed to keep going downhill for me. Think I made it to W6-7 before quitting the actual game (odd to see there are 15 or so worlds now). I would check in on the forum occasionally since a lot of people still played from when I did, but looks like that has changed a bunch too.

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 5:52pm

First World 4 Battle

It was tons of fun way back when...odd to think it was that long ago though

Tuesday, October 20th 2009, 8:42am

How the game has changed

I have some responses to the initial talks about LG, The Borg, W4 and so on. However, once I was ready to post it all I found out I kill the character limit. Due to that I am not going to take more time to cut it up into parts for now as it is late. I will post the stuff eventually though.

Friday, July 17th 2009, 12:17am

DWL vs BoW

Haha at first I was going to say we never did it 48 hours, but once I thought about it that might actually be about right. Might have been closer to 72 hours though haha. I didn't say that half of it wasn't my fault, but it still does take its toll after awhile haha. As far as HaG declaring. After their first battle they decided they didn't want to declare for quite some time if anything, and they stuck to that. I can't fault them for that as aside from their allies they did merc so they were go...

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 5:13pm

Using Old Order Names

Unless you guys gave the account back to the original owner that would be the second owner that I actually haven't interacted with haha.

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 9:42am

Using Old Order Names

Don't know how I would get a hold of angelus haha. But as far as the name, I can only think of a Saracen from world 4 that used that name. He and I got along very well but he was in fact a Saracen there. Don't know if it would be the same person or not haha.

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 9:24am

DWL vs BoW

Quoted from "falcotron" Also, OMs and ACs usually want fewer battles, because that means less work. Haha there definitely were some weeks i absolutely hated order battles haha.

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 9:13am

Recruiting or why People join certain orders

I feel as the world grows you have to change your recruitment methods to convince people to join. When W4 started I first started looking at recruiting members from W3's ROME which I had been a member of. Along with that I had UG supporting me as an AC so I had the backing of an experienced AC that everyone from previous world's new. The perk to who I worked with from ROME was that when W4 started they were active basically as much as me (which since I knew I had to establish myself compared to ...

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 8:02am

Using Old Order Names

Just out of curiosity who from the original LG created it in W8. I ask because I could see where some people would be upset, offended by someone else creating an order after an original. I guess my own personal pride could get in the way

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 6:24am

For the future

Maybe the Subject will throw them off for a bit but I dont expect this topic to be around very long. As is, since many of my friends seem to plan on leaving...are there any free less time consuming games that you play and I might be interested in? Either post here, send me a pm in the forums, or if you are in world 7 send my character a pm.

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 6:19am

A Petition to Remove the Current Tixxing System

I created a character just recently figuring on camping since camping is something I can do with my current schedule and not worry about falling back from the top tier of players. As a camper I only better my character not much focusing on others. It also would allow me to keep updated on a world where many of my friends play. However as an experienced player from other worlds I can understand where all the outrage comes over the new policy. I could barely spend money to stay premium when I did ...

Friday, March 20th 2009, 1:03am

W8 When will it open

Quoted from "Mordred" Beware, Mulvers, that if Gamble was still active, he'd have all the way through W15 planned well in advance and be prepared to dominate through use of pagan oracles and Falcotron math. Haha only by chance did I see this post by you. Don't think I'll be joining any worlds down the line because I've had to drop two so far after helping set up orders. Feel like doing it again in another world would just be plain mean to the other people that help me set up the orders haha. Ho...

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 1:56am

Ask The Black Knight

Dear The Black Knight, How is it that even with no arms or legs you manage to fight in many battles in HW? (Let alone could always kick my butt with your non-existent legs) Always wondered that Gamble

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 1:49am

pondering an Idea for world 4

If I remember right he left soon after Sidstar went into retirement and then OM was pretty much thrust to Disturbedmind.

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 4:59pm

Haha no I meant Black Knight...minus the The...HaG had one too and it was him and DisturbedMind that were the ACs for sidstar. Im like 99% sure Im right about that, but if someone has a different name fill me in.

Monday, February 23rd 2009, 4:23pm

Quoted from "falcotron" Moth gets... what's his name, the AC of HaG. Depends which one your talking about because if it was Black Knight Id get him because he's the main one to push for the drop of LG by HaG. I had no problems with Sidstar or DisturbedMind.* *Pretty sure I have all the names right there. '

Monday, February 23rd 2009, 1:41am

Quoted from "falcotron" Any chance we can get Lillian, PsiMage, and Gamble back and put them all on a team together? That could be fun. Put me with TPH, Atropos, deka1 (think that was his name), WRATHs leader, and Lord Cthulu, just to name a few that I butted heads with or plain didn't get along with and it'd really be interesting haha.

Friday, February 20th 2009, 10:33pm

Guess who posts next...

Had to be a random one sorry Don My guess for next is someone that still plays (or else Phil to spite me )

Friday, February 20th 2009, 10:32pm

Dear Black Knight

Ill just say I liked reading the quote that UG said...I miss his comments haha

Friday, February 20th 2009, 10:09pm

Why is HW inherently bipolar?

2 Things. 1. I still think Falco has way too much free time when it comes to the forums 2. Though its been said already I think its the bipolar or mono ways only that will end up. Granted theres always outside orders, but the big battles will mainly involve one or the other. Essentially all are based on bipolar because no matter what there is two sides to a battle, but in some worlds the mono comes out because the second side just cant gain enough strength to make it bipolar. And I feel the bipo...

Thursday, December 18th 2008, 11:47pm

Just a though

Haha Falco I was mainly figuring it because its not so much that I cant afford it one month but could every two months. Its more since money is tighter for me theres some extras I can spend money on while others I have to cut out. And no offense to HW but I can cut it out a lot easier than say going to a movie with a girl (yes it does happen for me), and those two cost about the same. No offense to the girls online but its a lot nicer to have one around that I can actually touch and look at more...

Thursday, December 18th 2008, 6:21am

Just a though

And yes as far as the title goes I cant spell thought

Thursday, December 18th 2008, 6:10am

Just a though

Ive thought a bit lately about the little promotional things that Holy War does with their tickets. You know the whole 1 ticket gets you 2k or 500 g if you choose premium thing. And Ive been wondering why they never allow double premium. You know one ticket gives 2 months of premium. Theres the obvious argument that well premium is their main source of income, but the more I think about that the less it matters towards an occasional one ticket gives 2 months thing. Heres my reasoning. 1. Premium...

Saturday, December 13th 2008, 4:21am

Purging your order

Overall I think it depends on situations, your order, and the world. In world 4 I did basically what Don said where I checked up with members on activity every once in awhile and then set a date to respond by. Then I usually would gradually get rid of the inactives. However in the situations where HELL, ELF, MLOP merged into LG I got rid of the inactives a lot quicker than before. It also depended on if I figured we would be getting new recruits or not and if the inactives would be helpful in a ...

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 9:22pm

Battle Plans Gone Wrong, Like A PRANK GONE WRONG?LOL

I can understand if thats your opinion of the original poster, but it was a bit harsh to jump on my post just because I was a Christian in one world...especially since I was talking about a battle as a Pagan order. Just because you dont hold a high opinion of one Christian doesnt mean you have to think all are horrible just because of the one.

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 3:28am

Dominated by characters doesnt mean its easy for victories by any means. As has been stated in the forums many times before most people sign up their first try as Christian because its what a lot of people think they need to do. Then those accounts get abandoned. If you factor in all of the abandoned and less than say level 10 accounts the numbers would be a lot closer. How is having a lot of inactive or low levels gonna help make an easy victory for Christians? Even if for one day all those ina...

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 3:16am

Quoted from "BigMac" bla bla bla So you won another battle. Big deal christian. Everyone knows there are way more of you then any other faith. There is no challenge in being a christian and winning a battle. The challenge is in being a Pagan or Saracen, they are the real brave players looking for a challenge. BigMac learn to get your facts straight. Yes in world 6 I was a Christian player, but every world before that I was a Pagan player. LG was a Pagan order, BoW was a Pagan order, DWL was a S...

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 2:34am

I dont remember some of the specific order tags, but this had to do with world 4 where an ally plan had problems thrown in and then they still pulled off the victory. DWL declared on VV (this was when PsionicMage was still allowed to play) shortly after BoW got suicided by an order of like 10 people. Things were looking good for LG to send its support to DWL as they would be the ones needing the most help. Then after 15 min had passed LG got declared on by LoG which was maybe 10 members strong i...

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 5:59pm

My Greatest HW Teachers

Grog - W1 MacAllister & Medievalist - W2 UG and Sir Brasher - W3&4 Falcotron Behemoth Porky Those are the main ones that taught me the game and such. There are definitely more that have taught me stuff just not as much.

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 7:58am

Battles you would like to see

Since I found out that Elite is in fact allied with Ronin I will take that battle back as one worthwhile to see and instead the only worthwhile battle to mention as worth seeing is Nightmare vs. Ronin or Dragon. I still doubt this would ever happen though. Reasons follow. Why Ronin/Dragon wouldnt do the attack. They dont want to possibly anger Px or Elite for forcing them to sit out a battle. Why Nightmare wouldnt do it. They would force Px and Elite (2 of their 3) allies to sit while Ronin has ...

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 6:38am

Players who have Added something to Holy War

Quoted from "TheOracle" Each world is different Gamble. I can say that in W1 Dasha surpassed all other men in game in the area you say maybe is not counting as + in W4. For example being OM of the most powerful older pagan order of the world for quite long time is counting more than 4 levels behind in W4. I don't want to argue here on male vs female debate, because I think this game is about warriors. And all of them are great warriors. S*x doesn't count in my book. Haha I fully agree with you ...

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 6:08am

Nightmare came around after I left, but Legion always down for a fight.

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 6:05am

Players who have Added something to Holy War

I agree that they are great because of their skill and commitment but that is what I was originally saying. I think there are people that far exceed them in skill though. I think there are many people that can be considered better leaders, better battle strategists, and even some that are overall stronger players. In world 4 when I was still around I personally felt Meph rivaled erialc and atropos in actual player abilities...Dasha was a few levels lower so I think that threw him an advantage. A...

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 4:16am

If you consider Elite a Christian then wouldnt Px also be considered a Christian? Granted last I saw Elite has more Christian allies, but Px has 2 Christian allies which are two of the strongest Christian orders. Im pretty sure you are Pagan from my understanding of some of your posts, so that is my guess of why you havent included Px as a Christian in disguise. Otherwise I agree that the battles arent that great and even when I check in there rarely seems to be battles.

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 4:12am

RE: The Women of Holy War

Quoted from "Vedauwoo" All of the players have played exceptional games and are great players. I believe their skills well exceed their male counterparts in this game. There are great players from my original list in this thread, but the women really play the game well. I dont fully agree with your take on this. Dont get me wrong they definitely deserve to be up there in the tops (snatcher is the only one I personally havent interacted with), but I think there is a slight flaw to your statement...

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 1:29am

To cover a few of the mentioned things. SoA would slaughter LG simply for the level differences of the worlds. However if the worlds were made at the same time then it could be a very interesting battle. BM if you view SoVs victories as worthless then I wonder your take on other orders such as Ronin, Dragon, Px, Elite. As for battles that would be good to see...I think the thread is pointless. At least when I brought this up in world 4 I was considering as LGs OM to shake things up in world 4 an...

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 12:19am

Sore loosers

I can understand your point Jabbar but you then have to account for the heat of battle and such. Sometimes people say things they dont mean, or because of emotions/previous comments/so on their meaning could be taken different ways. Again this accounts for the different viewpoints and interpretations. Posting in the forum just calls for further argument because now you are posting a lasting thing that will stay in the forums past the said battle. Any order that gets publicly criticized in the fo...

Monday, December 1st 2008, 11:27pm

Sore loosers

Now Im not trying to take sides in this issue because I respect you both and obviously I dont know details, but peoples reactions to battles are a given. There are some that wont say anything and accept it as is, there are some that will complain in the SB non-stop, there are others that choose if it is worthwhile or not to call allies to a battle. Along with that it is always viewed one way or another by the opponents. Obviously both sides will never see exactly eye to eye on the subject so the...

Friday, November 28th 2008, 8:45pm

Do christians really need to cheat??

Quick comment on the noob wall theory that I dont think has been mentioned. A noob wall is about one of the most pointless things possible. All it would do is keep some stronger players from hitting the users side for one battle round. Now think of that logic, you keep the opponent at full health and with a victory while you face someone and probably face a stronger person and lose health thus making you weaker to face those walled opponents at lower health when they are at full. IMO Id rather f...

Friday, November 28th 2008, 8:34pm

So who are the strongest orders in each world?

I wouldnt say the undefeated record meant everything to me. Did it mean something, sure because it can be hard to go undefeated but it definitely didnt mean everything to me. Like you said the hard fought victories are the ones that I enjoyed best. In the case of LG our first battle against VV when Mage bought one of our allies with tix and then our battle with (forgive me if I get the tag wrong) PaL where Christians, Pagans, and Saracens alike rose against us. I wasnt even around for the second...

Friday, November 28th 2008, 4:36am

Haha the first one I think we most definitely would have lost since by that point Im pretty sure we had stepped on more than enough toes trying to bring about change. I still think we would have pulled some support you never would have thought we could get over you guys though

Wednesday, November 26th 2008, 5:17am

attacking dead orders

Quoted from "falcotron" Really, I never cared who was #1. And being undefeated in W3 and W4 and effectively undefeated in W2 (we'd only lost to FK, before I was even playing, and had been allies with them ever since) was actually more stress than fun--it discourages you from taking risks. "Yeah, maybe it would be fun to fight BoH, but can we risk our 10-0 record? Even if I'm OK with it, what will the members think if we lose?" Fully agree with you there. Granted with LG we had a good idea that ...

Wednesday, November 26th 2008, 4:23am

TBK the not until after LG disbanded was supposed to go with the rest of the sentence...not until after LG disbanded did it actually happen. I know you suggested it beforehand. Haha Falco that just shows how out of the loop I am with things. Didnt know Dasha was in charge of DIE now, but I do agree that doesnt really count as a change. I thought Angelus was still in charge of DWL, thought DA still held at least the AC position, as far as Ive heard S-B has the exact same leaders, and last I heard...

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 11:36pm

Now this will never happen but something that would throw a curve ball to world 4 would be if all the current alliance orders disbanded. I say the current alliance orders because I dont know how many of the others hold a significant amount of power in the world. Along with the disbanding the current OMs/ACs would not take a leadership role in any knew orders that would be formed. Not only would this put knew leaders into play, but with the new leaders I can almost guarantee not everyone would fl...

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 9:12am

Please insult our alliances!

I am just about to go to bed, had typed something and then accidently went back so it deleted. Heres the short version. Yadda yadda yadda depends on your view of what bitter is erialc yadda yadda yadda falco right s-b center erialc does whats best for order dislike or not I respect it yadda yadda yadda S-B was always allied to the three just didnt get publicity yadda when allied with ronin at first under completely different leadership yadda hope that made no sense and yes porky...i knew we shou...

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 7:39am

Please insult our alliances!

As erialc and I had a falling out, and I personally feel she doesnt know the majority of the work that actually made the-Borg successful Im glad to see shes being called WannaBorg...heard S-B got their first loss too. I cant even try to creatively come up with a name for the DWL/BoW/VV/Ronin alliance because when I played I would never have even thought 1 and 2 would end up allied with 3 and 4 but hey stuff happens.

Monday, November 24th 2008, 11:32pm

My Friend Janet

Haha if it sounded like I was trying to start something my bad Janet...I think Falco put it better and how I meant it to sound (no surprise hed pull it off better )

Monday, November 24th 2008, 7:57am

My Friend Janet

Obviously people know Janet and I were usually at ends, but hers some input on a few things. Yes, people making comments may affect people, but overall it is the players choice to if it bugs them or not. Ive seen more than enough tixxers that just ignore what is said about them. Thats where one of Janets main faults is...she usually gets upset and you can tell publicly. Her public reactions are what draw even more criticism to herself. If she gets hatemail or comments directed to her in the SB s...

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 3:18am

Smartest things you have done in Holy-War

1. Joined ROME in world 4...allowed me to learn form people like UG and Sir Brasher (I didnt even know the plus to buying new horses until UG told me) 2. Taking on the Merc Negotiator role for ROME...dont think I was amazing at the job but it taught me things 3. Becoming friends with Moth and Falco early in the start of world 4...as Falco said ruining w4 wouldnt have been the same otherwise 4. Getting along with and becoming friends with many of the LG members...couldnt have achieved everything ...

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 9:06am

My Love-Hate Relationship with Holy-War

Quoted from "Lord of Misfit" I satabd gamble, mangle, bigger phil, dasteny angel, Pmage, Odin, bemonth in the back and its allot more coming. Haha when did you do that? I thought we always had a mutual understanding that you loved facing me in battle and more than likely always would be facing me in battle. For the two of us not getting along half or more of the time we usually had some good conversations (peaceful too) about how we face each other all the time haha. Quoted from "Janet H" I thi...