You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-50 of 116.

Thursday, May 9th 2013, 5:43am

Author: Caradoc

Hildefons Alewar--join up

Pagan is still here. Join us. Now accepting all Pagans from all worlds in Group 1

Thursday, May 9th 2013, 5:01am

2hr safety rule

Quoted from "itsjustme" So when I don't want to spend gold or saving up 750,000 gold for a horse or whatever, I just set my alarm to go off every 105 minutes, put lixies in at max and in 24 hours I'm golden and noone has hit me Unless you get hit by someone 4 levels above you or lower. If you didn't get hit, it's because the worlds are dying, or more likely given up on hits anywhere near your level due to increased damage taken. Quoted from "itsjustme" And the ridiculous thing is you can keep t...

Thursday, May 9th 2013, 4:46am

Link Found

I found the link: Marketing Strategy

Thursday, May 9th 2013, 4:38am

benefits for non tixxers during promotions

I made a short list of possible promos to do a while back. I will see if I can dig this up.

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 9:23pm

Blocking orders survey

Quoted from "Kinji" please change vote from yes to no Don't know if they added this, but there is a change vote option up there. Quoted from "itsjustme" If people thought about the possible strategies with this instead of crying about it we wouldn't be having this silly little survey. Quoted from "Vyse_" Instead, I think that just investigating the player concerns after such a battle was fought (or even in the 12 hours before the battle), and checking the IP addresses should be enough I think t...

Monday, April 8th 2013, 11:44pm

Revisiting lowering order declaration requirements

I see a compromise here. I still agree with having at least 5 men to form an attack. I still see that as a suicide attack because usually these small orders consist of at least 2-3 players level 20 or lower. The compromise is that non premium players be allowed to declare, but only every 72 hours instead of the normal 36. Or, you could even limit this to once per month because if you have a 5-man order of all nonprem's, you could make them all AC and have at least 5 battles per month. I don't th...

Monday, April 8th 2013, 11:33pm

Some old and new suggestions

Ugh. It's so hard for me not to spend on hour on here helping with ideas that will never come to fruition, but... I'm not going to. Instead I will spend 2 minutes just to say that having BH is bonus enough. Forcing orders to move their battles around is not what you're paying for. I would never declare battle again if I was forced to move my battle time for the sake of others. Fight for the orders you want to, don't for those you don't or can't. As it is, BH has taken away from the idea that you...

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 4:36pm

Marketing Strategy

Bump for current promo

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 4:17pm

Increase Highscore Search Rank > 3000

Or allow ascending/descending option. That may help unless you are in the middle and neither one reaches your search

Monday, August 20th 2012, 8:23pm

Shortening of Players names

Quoted from "Captain ApeX" I assume that players who feel offended by their name shortened to "Casanova-Fran..." won't be satisfied with being called "CsanvaFrnkstn", either. Somehow, I believe there would always be a slight uproar, no matter how we twist it. That's why I mentioned this part: Quoted from "Caradoc" allow players to select a shortened version of their name I don't think players should have a nickname completely unrelated to their full name, so limiting the SB name to 15 character...

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 12:12am

Shortening of Players names

Quoted from "fatrobin" OLdRobin The Fa... come on you cut 1 letter to add "..." This cracks me up It cuts off 1 letter to add 3 periods. Quoted from "Captain ApeX" if your name is Ted or Casanova-Frankenstein. A solution I see from this is to allow players to select a shortened version of their name to appear only in the SB. It would be similar to an order tag. In the above example, Casanova-Frankenstein, could select which 15 characters would be displayed in the SB. It would also be possible t...

Wednesday, August 15th 2012, 7:30pm

Remove Battle Healing

It's only for players 5 or more levels above you. Is that still the case?

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 3:53pm

Some new ideas to conisder to help us play HW

I'm not going to stop most players from joining my side, unless I know they are a spy, but we have the option to change who can see camp for that. Now, if I can reject people from joining the other side... THAT I would be interested in

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 3:24pm

Remove Battle Healing

TG ~ you don't hire mercs, anyway I don't understand why a merc should have to pay to be a merc? This would completely destroy the merc market. I think you're just trying to make it harder for orders to spend their gold so you can get even bigger hauls off them

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 3:09pm

Signatures

I like the idea. It wouldn't decide whether I kept playing or not, but it would make messaging a little nicer. I have a very simple single-smiley signature, but if we're going to be battling a lot more, and I'm going to be sending a lot of battle thanks out, I would appreciate having a saved signature to be more professional and memorable as a player. Could even make it a premium feature since it would take up that much more server space

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 3:05pm

A better long-term model for HW:

I don't doubt you, Captain. However, I feel that sometimes things may be lost in translation. Forge is right. This seems like a one-way process. When there's no clue whether an idea is received (by dev's) positively or negatively (or somewhere in between), we will never feel included in the process. There are patches implemented that were either directly influenced or similar to a suggestion I may have made, but I don't know if it was because of me, or someone else on the English forum, or perha...

Friday, July 13th 2012, 3:57pm

CREATE A GHOST KNIGHT to Save the worlds for all !!

The point is to create battles. You could add to this and create an objective of the GK order. Perhaps a note in the high score or hall of fame about which orders have defeated the GK's. Or a gold bonus to all players who participate on the winning side Just trying to be creative and constructive and brainstorm with fellow players. It's nice to see threads that aren't dripping with sarcasm and tearing down the creators of the game we're all so addicted to. Talk about biting the hand that feeds (...

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 9:50am

CREATE A GHOST KNIGHT to Save the worlds for all !!

Not sure if I completely understand how this idea would work, but I don't think it's necessary to give out XP to the top level players. When players reach top level, it gives the lower level more chance to catch up. If the top players continue to reap XP, they will continue to be top player and the others will give up trying. However, I do like the idea of NPC fighters to keep battles interesting. Every world reaches a point when XP is the only thing left worth fighting for. If I could add on to...

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 9:22am

Team Tournement

Originally, it was based on average level. But that was not fair as you could have 1 level 150 and 6 level 11's, for an average of 31, against 4 level 125's and they would never win despite having the higher average. Quoted from "margret perrin" I think my suggestion is the most plausible. http://forum.holy-war.de/board/wbb_en/in…9476&highlight= It does need some major rehauling with all game worlds being lumped in. 80% of the teams probably don't even participate because there is no chance.. Th...

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 9:15am

A better long-term model for HW:

Quoted from "Hardrada" We have to face it, the way GaS has promoted and encouraged the use of Tix in HW has in many ways eliminated the competative edge from the game We have battle healing - that emininated to huge disadvatage of loosing a battle We have full healing after 8 hr work - that eliminated the point of pre-strikes We have frequent Tix promotions - that negated hard work We have massively increased Tix Gold value - this made high level Tix more viable BH has made HW nothing more than...

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 7:42am

Marketing Strategy

The point is they already have ticket promos where you get twice your money's worth for gold. Even though you get twice the gold for premium, you don't get any extra premium time for promos. My point is to mix it up when they do have promos, so that everybody gets double the value, not just those cashing for gold. Quoted from "Nagap" Why offer ppl more for their money, if GaS are getting enough income already Can you really have enough income? No business who is in business to succeed would sett...

Sunday, July 1st 2012, 9:26am

Marketing Strategy

As much as I hate to see the tix promos going on more and more frequently.... might I suggest actually having different promotions? Every promo is the same... twice the gold. I think they could achieve 2 things if they only varied them a little. They could show players they care about more than just the "tixxers" who cash in tix simply for goldCould improve ticket sales by appealing to a more vast customer base across all languages And here's some examples: Battle Frenzy. For every ticket redeem...

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 10:15pm

response to Information on the World Groups

So, then I find this... Quoted from "DragonEater" OK, the worlds are being merged across languages and there will be no shared market or Orders. Thanks for ruining my plea for sanity around here, DE

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 10:10pm

The Merging of the Worlds - Your Opinion

Quoted from "LadyVos" If you want more active worlds then it has to be more like the int'l worlds with order recruitment and int'l markets to keep us anywhere near competitive with the worlds we are being merged with. If it doesn't happen it's no different than sending all of EN worlds to slaughter with no resources to be able to try to survive or grow or compete. It's just giving more people to knock us down instead. This is a very good point. It doesn't make sense to allow the DE worlds to co...

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 9:39pm

response to Information on the World Groups

Might I suggest we not jump to conclusions. In all honesty, the majority here may be right, but there is nothing confirming or denying an open market. As usual, GaS will not send details until after they have been put into place and it's too late to prevent/change things. A lot is really riding on their choices, so you would think they'd take everything into consideration before making a final move. It's a lot harder to get customers back after they have left than to keep them from leaving in th...

Tuesday, June 26th 2012, 7:10pm

It won't apply to me, thank goodness, but what happens to those with the same name in worlds that are merged? And when it says recruitment is also possible, does this mean you can join orders from other worlds? I hope this merge does the trick, but I can see a lot of players feeling robbed of all their hard-earned stats and levels. Someone just mentioned in the w12 SB that mercs won't be very happy as they are that much less likely to be hired. I, personally, like to hire mercs of all levels, bu...

Tuesday, June 26th 2012, 6:00pm

Yeah. I just want to know the policy regarding having existing accounts in the merged worlds? Are we now allowed to have multiple accounts regardless of claims of ownership (ie my wife plays, my dogs play, my goldfish, etc)? Though the rules of not hitting accounts or trading with accounts with the same IP would still apply. Kinda sucks because 2 of the worlds I will have 2 accounts in. Don't want to play 2 accounts in the same world, but don't want to delete them. Maybe I can trade accounts wit...

Friday, May 4th 2012, 12:37pm

Unique order types

Quoted from "Ozzman" "merc orders" are just plain orders with players who prefer to merc and not have allies That's kind of my point. Mercs don't have a legitimate option because their orders have all the same options as the others. Most players follow the unspoken code and don't attack them, but it can easily be argued the way you did here. They can declare and store gold, etc. With a merc order option, players can honestly merc without making the rest of us upset that they can simply slap a t...

Monday, April 30th 2012, 2:54am

Unique order types

Do you mind clarifying which is nonsense?

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 4:05pm

Unique order types

Within each faith, it would be fun to add some strategy with the introduction of different order types. Please read the comments at the bottom of this post. The general formats are outlined here: Merc order Cannot declare or be declared on/No order arena Cannot store gold Max member count = 10 (possibly) cannot volunteer for battles (would hurt contracts. to remedy, remove min merc pay of level x 10) (possibly) only members of merc orders and those without an order can merc Battle order (current...

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 3:17pm

Retrn ov foertnitlee Holy Battel

Quoted from "Captain ApeX" You are not being ignored, no worries. The forthnightly Holy Battle was cancelled because of the introduction of the tournaments. The tournaments were included because players asked for variety. As we wrote somewhere above, we have been forwarding the suggestion for the return of a forthnightly Holy Battle. Because that would mean cancelling the tournaments and stepping on other people's toes by cancelling a change they asked for, it is not a decision done lightly. So...

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 2:38pm

Plunders

Quoted from "The Earl of Warwick" have them roll over into the next day and kind of bank them up, instead of watching any uncompleted plunders wiped out at reset. I think I mentioned this idea in passing before they came out with buying extra plunders. I would love to see this. Every weekend for 2 years straight, I had to work back-to-back shifts. Just enough time to come home, go to bed, wake up, and go back to work. Of course, this left little time for plunder (or a life of any kind ). Why no...

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 2:10pm

Some new ideas to conisder to help us play HW

Quoted from "[W4] Eusebius" 1) Allow us to register as a merc while at work and in camp. Quoted from "[W4] Eusebius" 2) Do the Glory Wars strategy of only allowing mercs and allies in camp. I think there is a comprise here. I would suggest different order types. In fact, I will start a new thread for that. Anyhow, I agree with the merc part. I'm torn on whether I agree with only allowing mercs/allies in camp. I can see equally good and bad sides to this. Sometimes you need volunteers to win the...

Saturday, February 25th 2012, 11:47am

World Market

I think the INT world has shown that even if there's thousands of lix in the stalls, they will sell so quickly, it would be worth it. Thanks for the support. I know I'm not the only one who has had this idea.

Monday, July 25th 2011, 1:38pm

IP sharing

I don't think it is worth worrying about. There are so few people who visit each other, there is no completely fair way to deal with this. You don't have to explain why you are sharing IP, only that you do. Some people like to exhibit their relationships or whatever, but the rules do not require it. In fact, it's recommended you post it for other players to see. HWT does not check it. It will not save you from being disciplined for infractions.

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 8:41am

Merc. Tickets

I think there should be 2 types of tix: 1 = regular price | Good for 30 days prem, 30 days BH, gold (prefer this taken out, but we know how that is) other = 1/2 price or less | Good for Name Change, Faith Change, 30 minutes plunders Both should be transferable. Possibly have the 2nd type be good for 1 week prem or BH. This should generate additional revenue by giving customers more options for less cash. The cheaper price is a smaller commitment and people are more likely to part with a few doll...

Monday, June 27th 2011, 1:37am

Just an idea.....

True, GAS doesn't read these threads. However, the info does get relayed back because they implement things that players ask for on these threads. I think a forum Mod should be in charge of it. The only problem I can see, is the information making it out to these forums. GAS doesn't tell us about updates until they're already scheduled to be implemented.

Monday, June 27th 2011, 1:24am

Retrn ov foertnitlee Holy Battel

It was suggested somewhere... I agree. It's freaking called Holy War, not Holy Jousting. The point is to conquer the Holy Land. It's sad that it's become such a side quest. They should really come out with an alternate version of Holy War where the order battles have an impact on the Holy Battle. For Example, when you found an order, you pick a territory controlled by your side, and with each victory by that order, the better the odds for that side winning the Holy Battle in that city.

Sunday, June 26th 2011, 5:43am

This Is Needed

Quoted from "I HATE ALL" if theres never gonna be a none tix trade for gold world at least put a cap on the lvl you can start tixxing from. There's the beginning of it. At least let us get to say, level 20 before gold for tix is "unlocked". At least give us time to earn XP without losing 1/2 our LP's in 1 hit and form our orders and have a couple battles where it's anyone's game before making the outcome so predictable. If I had access to the actual data, I guarantee there is a sharp decline in...

Saturday, June 25th 2011, 10:25am

World Market

Selling elixirs across all worlds might not work, but selling gear should work a lot better. I have gear in non-prem worlds that I've been trying to sell for weeks or months. Now, newer worlds are approaching the level of that gear, so it would sell in a matter of days or hours,

Saturday, June 25th 2011, 3:11am

One World for All?

There wouldn't be a need to merge if there was a way to encourage others to join older worlds. As it is, it's entirely level-driven. So to be a "good Player' (by this, I mean high level) you simply have to stick it out longer than the others. I think an overhaul of the recruiting system could cure this. As it is now, you can only get recruits when they first sign up, which means they have to start completely over. Imagine how useful this is in worlds 1, 2, 3, etc. It's not! Now imagine if you co...

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 11:43pm

Blacksmith Adjustment

Weapons are the most expensive. Those are the ones we'll have the most trouble with. It may take all day to sell enough lix

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 6:13am

Order battle xp

Quoted from "Tando" I doubt they will and if they do change it not by much since they have introduced Tixx for XP they want people to spend money for XP now rather than having fun in battles for it I agree. It's no longer about earning it, but buying it.

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 6:06am

3 Points

I can see where this may head, but it's more of a suggestions topic because it's suggesting ways to change the game from it's current state, rather than fixing something that didn't happen the way the game intended it to (ie order description deleted, xp not awarded, etc) I don't think the developers will listen to our suggestions on how to fix anything. I think they will take what we're complaining about, (sometimes out of context) and figure their own way to "fix" it

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 5:59am

Blacksmith Adjustment

I don't think they'll do that simply because they've dramatically increased plunder pay. So, they'll say to use that gold to buy equipment. In fact, the only thing requiring massive lix sales are weapons. A lot of the other items aren't much more than I get from 2 hours of plunder. If you're non-prem, then you're SoL, but that's nothing new But seriously, just sell lix as always.

Monday, April 18th 2011, 1:21am

Premium Ticket For More Plunders

This is a business, and they would like to make money (don't we all? ) My disgust is more about the time spent playing the game versus the reward for spending that time. Also, I like to battle to win, something that has left most worlds. It's sad that the only thing that matters any more is doing your plunders. Working 8 or 12 hour shifts used to matter, now you get very little gold, so it only matters as far as healing. Battling used to get you 50+ XP in the older worlds; now it's 12 if you're ...

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 4:25am

W12

TPH, please quit highjacking every thread about the patch. This is about w12

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 3:46am

Horse Equipment

And don't forget the squires to muck out the stalls

Tuesday, March 29th 2011, 12:13am

Battle script/1on1 script

I agree. You cannot XP hit very long without having to heal, or completely die. The 8 hours healing is now being used as part of the reasoning to allow this. However, this means that players are in fact not encouraged to be active (XP hunt, join battles, etc.) but, rather, forced to do little more than come on for plunders, do a few hits, then go back to work. Everything else is too costly, so reasonable players won't do them.

Saturday, March 26th 2011, 10:22pm

Battle script/1on1 script

I think this has become like that "Corrupt a wish game" Players: I wish pre-strikes mattered again.... GaS: Granted, but now battles are a big waste of time I agree with ice on this one. Instead of multiplying damage by 7, how about double what it was, or maybe triple, but not so much that the highest level players can kill anyone in one hit!