You are not logged in.

Sunday, June 8th 2008, 4:31pm

BoH vs ROME

Biggest fight i have seen in ages!

Saying this my last fight was agianst a level 44 and they still had 1999lp lfeft so it wasn't that close realy.... congrats ROME
jakespear- AC of Gods of Destruction (world 3)

Maximvs

Beginner

Sunday, June 8th 2008, 6:18pm

Indeed... Outstanding strategy by hiring all those mercs, and good turnout of support for both sides. Might this be a dawning of large epic battles without the involvement of suicide Orders? It was a true honor to be in it, even if we were on the losing side.

M.
Maximvs
†† A Ćruce Salũs ††
“from the cross comes salvation”
W3 - Band of the Hawk

Sunday, June 8th 2008, 11:12pm

Hi all

yep well said Max. It was a great one !!! The only things that was not on our side was money. ROME was by far richer than us when we have declare. So it's completely fair, and we have succeed to make them wait for expansion :)

*Salute to ROME*
HoP

Monday, June 9th 2008, 4:42am

This was an interesting battle, and fun to be a part of. Thanks to BoH and ROME for hosting it for the rest of the world; it was definitely nice to see the two superpowers go head to head without all of the usual shenanigans. As many kudos as I can find to both orders.

I only wish I hadn't leveled before the battle, so I could have gotten even more xp. :)

PS, Thanks to PayBack, FUG, KT, and all of the usual suspects for actually letting it happen. As Maximvs says I hope this is the dawning of a great new era for W3.
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

Sir Gellan

Unregistered

Monday, June 9th 2008, 3:40pm

Yup... biggest battle ive ever been in, thats for sure. I enjoyed it even if we didnt win, we stopped ROME expanding, as they must have had alot of gold in stock to hire all those mercs.

Underground

Intermediate

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 6:57am

Ahhh I remember this battle. I was sick and XI tookover for the night. He literally hired like 250 mercs. He stayed up for like 3 hours doing it. It ended up working. Great memory!

Wednesday, December 17th 2008, 2:58am

yep UG !!! The battle we won against you was also memorable for me. 8 hours to send pm to mercs and christians order without interruption. Rome vs BoH was the golden age of W3.

Underground

Intermediate

Friday, December 19th 2008, 7:35am

I have to agree with HoP. The golden age before everyone was a pagan merc. When people like Negative1, Percy, and the high king mickey were top notch mercs. ROME and BoH battles have always been epic.

General Lee Speaking

Unregistered

Thursday, February 19th 2009, 5:10pm

Gee UG, pagan mercs? Really? Hmmmm and who was the first order of pagan mercs to start that evil trend? I seem to remember a time when ROME even asked its ALLIES to pay their mercs. tsk tsk tsk And people wonder why W3 is dying if not dead already.

Friday, February 20th 2009, 7:24am

WoW, 8|

was this like dug up! over 60 days old from last post.
Can't say as i can remember the fight but usually epic.(was this the one with all the under lvl 10 merc board cleaning?)
All the posts express the opinion of the author,
the owners of Holy-War and WoltLab GmbH (the developers of Burning
Board) cannot be held responsible for the content of those posts.
By registering, you agree not to post messages that are vulgar, impolite, disrespectful or that express (extreme) political views or
(verbal) law offences.
Additionally, the Administrators and Moderators of this board can edit or even delete your account for any reason.
Enjoy your stay at Holy-War!

Underground

Intermediate

Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 9:38pm

Gee UG, pagan mercs? Really? Hmmmm and who was the first order of pagan mercs to start that evil trend? I seem to remember a time when ROME even asked its ALLIES to pay their mercs. tsk tsk tsk And people wonder why W3 is dying if not dead already.
I never asked to merc EVER. I always volunteered no matter the circumstances. [T] Really opened the door for all the pagans that used to fight for free to start making their own merc orders. Now the world is all mercs. We will see how that plays out.