You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Underground

Intermediate

• "Underground" started this thread

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 6:42am

Ignore Tiberious

I put him on ignore in the forums. No more stupid broken English or fake Scottish. Click his picture and click ignore. Then be free of this disease.

Snellembiss

Intermediate

Occupation: I stack shelves. You wouldn't believe how exciting it is

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 1:14pm

Come on, he's not THAT bad!
Just sign the petition instead, maybe he'll listen. I reckon he could provide some decent input in the forums if we could understand him. Plus he has the kind of strange sense of humour i can relate to
Want to come to W4? No available (or affordable) characters fo you to get hold of?
Join using my recruitment link and send me a PM. When you reach level 10 i will sell you the best equipment for that level at minimum price, giving you the best possible start.
Depending on your Character Development, there may even be a minimum priced Dragon Sword for you at level 20. Offer only available to the next 4recruits at this time.
http://www.holy-war.net/?ref=19431-4ENHW

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Snellembiss" (Dec 29th 2009, 6:43pm)

Mulvers

Unregistered

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 6:35pm

strange sense of humous

Does it still come in a little pot for dipping?

Snellembiss

Intermediate

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 6:44pm

awww... poohfiddlery!
Edited :rolleyes:
Want to come to W4? No available (or affordable) characters fo you to get hold of?
Join using my recruitment link and send me a PM. When you reach level 10 i will sell you the best equipment for that level at minimum price, giving you the best possible start.
Depending on your Character Development, there may even be a minimum priced Dragon Sword for you at level 20. Offer only available to the next 4recruits at this time.

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 6:59pm

strange sense of humous

Does it still come in a little pot for dipping?
Now I have to go back and watch You Don't Mess With the Zohan again.
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

Snellembiss

Intermediate

Wednesday, December 30th 2009, 1:31pm

check my W4 profile... but PLEASE don't stick around there :P
And don't deliberately misspel my name again, please, or i might have to stop defending you :P

Snellembiss

Intermediate

Thursday, December 31st 2009, 6:34pm

Ah... you made the quote yourself instead of using the auto-feature thingummy. I'll let you off :P

Schnellimbiss is German for fast food/ fast snacks and my sirname is Snell... i'm not fat (in fact, i was pathetically skinny at school) but the name was given to me in German lessons simply 'cos it sounded German... and simply 'Schnell' was too boring.
Didn't actually find out what it meant until a year after people started calling me it lol

Friday, January 1st 2010, 2:45pm

Ah... you made the quote yourself instead of using the auto-feature thingummy. I'll let you off :P

Schnellimbiss is German for fast food/ fast snacks and my sirname is Snell... i'm not fat (in fact, i was pathetically skinny at school) but the name was given to me in German lessons simply 'cos it sounded German... and simply 'Schnell' was too boring.
Didn't actually find out what it meant until a year after people started calling me it lol
When you first showed up, I wondered what your name meant--it sounded kind of like Schnellimbiss but not quite, and it didn't seem German anyway because of the Sn instead of Schn, so I figured maybe it was Dutch or Flemish or something for a fast food place,, but when I asked a Dutch guy in Waragem (in Belgium), he told me that afhaalmaaltijden is the word for a place like McDonald's, and Snellembiss sounded like German to him. So then I gave up and forgot about it.

You should make something up to make in more interesting--say it's in Hamburgische or Plattysk or Frisian or something, not just a typo. :)

Snellembiss

Intermediate

Friday, January 1st 2010, 6:18pm

You should make something up to make in more interesting--say it's in Hamburgische or Plattysk or Frisian or something, not just a typo.

*glares at Falco* I don't DO typos! grr
Well, i DO, but i usually correct them. I certainly wouldn't have my name be a typo; that would irritate the hell out of me - i'd have to destroy myself, or constantly tell myself off for consistantly making the same error.
'Snellembiss' is a nickname and, seeing as _I_ chose how to spell it, it can never be wrong :P
In retrospect, i could've gone for 'Snellimbiss' but it just doesn't flow as well.

However, if you insist, i'll use my creative genius to come up with a decent background story for the name and post it in the Off Topics as soon as i can be bothered :P

DonReality

Intermediate

Occupation: HWPolitician,Game Strategist,CISCO Practicing Engineer,WebDev & Etc.

Saturday, January 2nd 2010, 6:04pm

I think Teberius is an okay guy :)
Sure, there's some broken english. However, as Snell stated earlier he does have some odd sense of humor.
He's also not toooo bothered about his english, I just wish he would make a lil effort to check his spellings. ( They can be a bit annoying if you have to decode every little word to your discernment)
Grammar isn't much of an issue. People's grammar mostly depends on where they originate from, they might use a direct grammatical translation from their native tongue to english, so I pardon that. :)
DonReality~ W1| DonReality VII~ W4| DonReality V~ W5 |

Hate It or Love It The Underdog's On Top
And I'm Gonna Shine,Homie Until My Heart Stop
Go head' Envy Me
I'm One Of The MVPs
And I ain't goin' nowhere but you already know me

Don't Ruin W1,We Loathe You!!

Saturday, January 2nd 2010, 10:45pm

I think Teberius is an okay guy :)
Sure, there's some broken english. However, as Snell stated earlier he does have some odd sense of humor.
He's also not toooo bothered about his english, I just wish he would make a lil effort to check his spellings. ( They can be a bit annoying if you have to decode every little word to your discernment)
What you're missing is that he _is_ too bothered about his English, and intentionally spells things that way because he thinks it's cool.

Even though he's trying to sound like a Scotsman, it reads like some 10-year-old who desperately wants to talk like a chav but doesn't even know how and has for some reason been learning from dinner-theater actors playing a New Jersey mafioso in the Deep South.

But, even if he pulled it off properly, it would still be annoying. Willfully making himself harder to understand, just so everyone else will be forced to parse his horrible grammar and spelling, is obnoxious, pretentious, and selfish.

And, since he never listens to anyone else, what he has to say is rarely if ever worth the effort.

Snellembiss

Intermediate

Saturday, January 2nd 2010, 11:33pm

One player, who insisted on spelling out his Scottish accent, got a doctor friend to write him a note claiming that any Scotsman who chooses to live in London is clearly retarded, and they gave him the badge.

Mebbe we should introduce him to that guy?
Or is HIS Scottish atrocious, too?
Or is he Tiberious?

Saturday, January 2nd 2010, 11:46pm

One player, who insisted on spelling out his Scottish accent, got a doctor friend to write him a note claiming that any Scotsman who chooses to live in London is clearly retarded, and they gave him the badge.

Mebbe we should introduce him to that guy?
Or is HIS Scottish atrocious, too?
Or is he Tiberious?
Maybe we should introduce them. He'd never write "nd" for "and", "wat" for "what", "d" for "the", "fer" for "for", or "omg" for "och". But I haven't talked to him in at least a year.

Snellembiss

Intermediate

Sunday, January 3rd 2010, 12:48am

That's a shame :(
Try to reach him. PLEASE! If not for me, do it for Dradaki! Or Underground! Or Both! Or neither... s'up to you, really lol.

On an unrelated topic, Falco, i was reading the Sun on break today and thought of you. I actually thought of you being smexually excited, 'cos this is some good news (for you, at least) and i'm hoping you've not heard it yet;

Tron 2: Lgacy of... something or other... will be in Cinemas in December! How moist are you right now?

Mulvers

Unregistered

Sunday, January 3rd 2010, 12:50am

Falco has known about Tron: Legacy for quite a while Snell :P

I think somewhere on the forums there are pics about it ....

Snellembiss

Intermediate

Sunday, January 3rd 2010, 12:52am

awww... poohfiddlery!

you hate me, don't you Mulvers? :(

Mulvers

Unregistered

Sunday, January 3rd 2010, 1:03am

you hate me, don't you Mulvers? :(

You want a short or long answer?

Snellembiss

Intermediate

Sunday, January 3rd 2010, 1:08am

Both

Mulvers

Unregistered

Sunday, January 3rd 2010, 1:09am

Short = Yes

Long = F**k Off

:thumbsup:

Snellembiss

Intermediate

Sunday, January 3rd 2010, 1:12am

THAT's the wittiest reply you could come up with?
Thought i knew you...

Underground

Intermediate

Sunday, January 3rd 2010, 10:40pm

I actually took Tiberious off ignore now.

Mulvers

Unregistered

Sunday, January 3rd 2010, 11:59pm

Thought i knew you...

I strive to be anything but predictable ...

Underground

Intermediate

Friday, January 8th 2010, 8:37am

Is it just me or has Tibs (Yes I will call you that now even though I already know a tibs) English gotten even worse?

Snellembiss

Intermediate

Friday, January 8th 2010, 8:48am

You missed an apostrophe, UG :P Now i don't have to listen to you about the posessive 'it' :D
Gods i'm childish...

Anyway; yeah, Tibe seems to've got worse.

Friday, January 8th 2010, 10:07am

Anyway; yeah, Tibe seems to've got worse.

You have used the semicolon incorrectly, Snell. Most often, semicolons are used to separate independent clauses in a sentence. "Anyway," on its own, does not comprise an independent clause; therefore, your sentence should have been written as: "Anyway, yeah, Tibe seems to've got worse." I'll let stand your "to've" and "got" vice gotten as individual style, troubling as they may be. Another troubling factor in your use of the semicolon is "yeah" simply does not stand the test as an appropriate conjunctive adverb. :P

I write this with all due humility; I understand completely British regard for Americans' butchery of the English language.

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 12:36am

I write this with all due humility; I understand completely British regard for Americans' butchery of the English language.
I'm pretty sure any sentence which attributes "due humility" to an American is inherently self-contradictory. :)

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 1:27am

if i ignoard him i cant laugh at the language he made up and im not allowed to say lol any more so if i say it from now on remind me :D

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 1:56am

I'm pretty sure any sentence which attributes "due humility" to an American is inherently self-contradictory.

And being Snell's bride in W4, I'm sure you know that's exactly as intended :P

Snellembiss

Intermediate

Saturday, January 9th 2010, 8:52am

*ahem* You've missed a comma in there, Janet!
The hypocrasy of some people! *adopts falsetto whiny tone to playfully mock his e-wife* "oooh your semicolon's out of place! But i've forgotten my comma, so you've now got license to ignore me completely 'cos i was concentrating too hard on out-smarting you!"
Seriously, darlin'; there's no need to concentrate that hard when trying to outsmart me. Hell, there's no need to even try; just be yourself!

Mulvers

Unregistered

Monday, January 11th 2010, 4:56pm

hey der!!!!!!!!! stop deletin ma posts davie..!!!!!!!!!! X(

HELL NO!!! ... Go davie go go go!!! :thumbup:

Monday, January 11th 2010, 7:18pm

I actually used the ignore function here for the first time....now if only it erased the quoted text as well.