You are not logged in.

UnMasked

Beginner

• "UnMasked" started this thread

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 6:39am

Recycling Accounts

I assume this has been suggested before, but can't find it anywhere. So here goes:

I'd like to see dormant accounts in each world being available to recycle by new players to that world. GAS ultimately owns all accounts anyway, so I suggest they choose a reasonable length of dormancy (90-120 days since last login, perhaps) before resetting passwords and emails for those accounts and making them available to buy for new players at the sign-up page. 1 ticket would be an appropriate sum, with the ability to choose the email addy and password, plus a name and faith change, same as a new account.

I'll use W7 as an example:

The top levels are now just cresting level 120, yet there are a bunch of dead accounts around the level 70,80,90 mark. Instead of a player from another world or a newbie either going through the messy (and potentially unsafe) process of buying an existing account from a player, or enduring the frustrating and most likely temporary task of building a character from level 1, they could simply spend a ticket and choose from the list of recycled accounts available.

Since all (apart from OM/AC's) dormant accounts are now kicked from orders after 60 days, I don't see why recycling them should be an issue. Surely it would benefit each world by bringing active players in, with a chance of them achieving something within the world.

I look forward to everyone's thoughts.

Cheers.

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 8:35am

HANG ON for example im in the army and get called on duty for 6 month.

Is it right that i come back to my account and find its not there???

you cant get rid of accounts regardless of how many days players are gone.

UnMasked

Beginner

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 9:38am

That's a pretty extreme case, but I would still say get another account that's closer to the top for a ticket. If you've left an account for 6 months, whatever the reason, you can't be that attached to it.

Plus, yes you can remove dormant accounts if you own them - and GAS owns them. The idea is to preserve the game world, not a single player with extreme personal circumstances.

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 10:22am

Ive played my w8 for well over a year now if i have to take a break from it for watever amount of time i expect to come back to it not to come back and find i now havent got an account to play but the 1 i worked my butt of on has been sold to a noob for a ticket seriously dude i dont see the point of your thread.

And for the record my w8 and my w9 are my accounts GAS may be able to delete my account or even stop me logging in but im pretty sure they cant just sell peoples accounts on the hunch there not coming back.

UnMasked

Beginner

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 10:58am

You don't see the point? Dude? It's written above.

You don't agree. No constructive criticism or tweaks to the idea? Fine. Move on.

I personally like the idea of selling inactive, non-premium pages of numbers to someone who is willing to take the time to play an account in a game world that will benefit every other player in that world with their efforts, instead of leaving dead accounts hanging around worlds struggling for numbers, just in case a long term inactive person has some sentimental attachment to the aforementioned pages of numbers he/she abandoned months before.

Might be just me though. Good day.

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 4:54pm

I like the idea. Perhaps to keep an account unsold for an infinite amount of time the rule could be...no sale if there is an unused ticket on the account

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 5:08pm

It would make more sense for GAS to establish a range of entry level accounts in the older worlds for people to purchase. For example when a set lvl threshold for the world was say 20 players at lvl 50 or above; that would open up the ability for a new player to buy a lvl 25 account for x amount of tickets.

Many players do take a hiatus from the game and return many months later. It wouldn't be fair to them to return and find their account had vanished.
~ Mod 322 ~

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 7:14pm

Now thats a much better idea that the 1st one.

erialc

Intermediate

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 8:38pm

Nobody is buying and taking over my W2 account that I choose not to play right now...an account with 350/330/321/330/321 is worth a lot more than 1 tixx :cursing:
W2 contrarian (non-premium) ~ W3 contra (non-premium)~ W4 contra aka erialc (non-premium) ~ W5 Yasmine - Sold ~ W6 contrarian (OM) Dragon Warriors ~ W8 Holy PIA (non-premium) (OM) Because We Can

UnMasked

Beginner

Friday, May 20th 2011, 5:56am

Now that IS a better idea. That's in fact the whole point - to have new players invigorate old worlds by entering within reasonable range of the top levels, instead of starting at level 1 and peppering the SB with "looking for high level account" spam.

justforfun

Beginner

Friday, May 20th 2011, 9:01am

Here is similar topic. Revitalizing the orders' dead accounts
Waptro HW4, Gregor of Doomer HW1 and Shadow Warrior HW8

Your user-ID: 130745-4ENHW,
Your user-ID: 129370-1ENHW,
Your user-ID: 19574-8ENHW

jiggycat

Beginner

Saturday, May 21st 2011, 5:03pm

This has been suggested before..and will never happen.
GAS may be able to delete my account or even stop me logging in but im pretty sure they cant just sell peoples accounts on the hunch there not coming back.
Yes you're right,G@s has no legal right to sell/transfer anybodys acct however long they haven't played for.
The reason being is because when we set up an acct here we enter into a contract with g@s,This contract
is called the Terms of Service or TOS,This is a legally binding contract and if you read it,Only people who break
the terms of service does G@s have the right to delete the acct.Every acct legally belongs to the person who
accepted these TOS until such time as either they dispose of it themselves or delete it,or the game goes bankrupt.

This reason is the same reason why g@s do not support acct transfers,Because when you setup an acct it is
yours and you are responsible for it,You accept the TOS and if you decide to sell/transfer it and it doesn't work
out then that's your problem..not G@s' because it is your acct to dispose of as you please.

tbh I don't see the reason for this suggestion because there are already plenty of accts in every world available for
free if people just ask! :thumbsup: and I doubt very much a complete newb would goto the expense of buying an acct
for however much amount of ticket prices if they don't even know if they'll like the game because most newbs just
stick it out for a week then lose interest because wether anyone like to admit it or not,This is a pretty repetitive game
that gets quite boring after a while :rolleyes:

If peeps want to get more players to the game,Just click the 'like' button on the Holywar facebook page and 'Share'
the page with your friends!Facebooks a great site for networking ! ^^

UnMasked

Beginner

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 3:01am

G@s has no legal right to sell/transfer anybodys acct however long they haven't played for.
The reason being is because when we set up an acct here we enter into a contract with g@s,This contract
is called the Terms of Service or TOS,This is a legally binding contract and if you read it,Only people who break
the terms of service does G@s have the right to delete the acct.Every acct legally belongs to the person who
accepted these TOS until such time as either they dispose of it themselves or delete it,or the game goes bankrupt.

Sorry, but no. Here's a direct quote from the game Instructions/Terms and Conditions/Section 2 - Membership:

"(III) The operator has the right to delete or exclude user accounts at any time, especially in the case that user contravene these GST or the game and forum rules. No user shall have a claim on participation in the game. The operator decides at his own estimation on the permanent or temporary exclusion of a user. If such a user is member of a team of more users, the whole team may be excluded, if this is appropriate. Such an exclusion may affect one or all applications of the operator.

(IV) All user accounts, including the corresponding resources, are only virtual objects within the application. The user does not acquire any property or any other right with regard to their user account or parts of it. All rights remain at the operator. A transfer of any rights of exploitation or any other rights to the user does not take place."

Quite simple. We don't own the accounts. They can be taken away from us at GAS' discretion, not just if you break Terms.

Also, as for just asking for an account in a game world, this does effectively recycle some accounts, yes, but it's quite clear from the amount of dead accounts at all levels that plenty of people just drop out of the game and their account sits in limbo. The amount of available accounts gets lower and lower as players drop out.

The point of this thread is to get some discussion going that might actually end up in a decent suggestion being put through to the appropriate people. So far, it has moved on to a better suggestion that Penelope mentioned. I hope it goes further...

I do think something needs to be done to help the players - paying customers - who aren't sick of Holy War just yet to have a chance at keeping a world alive. That's not unreasonable, is it?

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 3:18am

Something similar was suggested here http://forum.holy-war.de/board/wbb_en/in…9914&highlight= and also I suggested accounts that were found cheating instead of deleting them confiscate them and sell the at auction see here. http://forum.holy-war.de/board/wbb_en/in…6745&highlight=
W1 muck4doo

W2 Dinosaur

W3 Pagan Uprising

jiggycat

Beginner

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 7:20pm

G@s has no legal right to sell/transfer anybodys acct however long they haven't played for.

Sorry, but no. Here's a direct quote from the game Instructions/Terms and Conditions/Section 2 - Membership:

"(III) The operator has the right to delete or exclude user accounts at any time, especially in the case that user contravene these GST or the game and forum rules. No user shall have a claim on participation in the game. The operator decides at his own estimation on the permanent or temporary exclusion of a user. If such a user is member of a team of more users, the whole team may be excluded, if this is appropriate. Such an exclusion may affect one or all applications of the operator.

(IV) All user accounts, including the corresponding resources, are only virtual objects within the application. The user does not acquire any property or any other right with regard to their user account or parts of it. All rights remain at the operator. A transfer of any rights of exploitation or any other rights to the user does not take place."

Quite simple. We don't own the accounts. They can be taken away from us at GAS' discretion, not just if you break Terms.

Fortunately I as a consumer are very well aware of my rights AS a consumer ;) peeps need to remember some of those terms are there not only for the User but to secure no user has the right to claim a right on the game or part of the game by being included IN the game,Which is wholly owned by G@s and is their copyright,A virtual acct is all it is,It is not 'property', people cant lay claim to the server with their acct on it,but as long as the terms are not broken g@s promise to provide a service available to that player for as long as they are registered wether they play or not.That IS part of the TOS;)

Also G@s is a 'data controller' for the purposes of the data protection act and would have to access peoples registration details without their permission and doing so would be in breach of said act.The TOS are not just there for our benefit,They're there for g@s benefit too.In the event g@s went into administration then nobody,not even g@s would have access to accts:)

There used to be a part in their TOS somewhere that said G@s own all copyright of peoples profiles whatever they entered :whistling:
Strange how that's been removed :whistling: ..Oh but wait,I own the copyright of anything I enter in my profile,my profile pics,my stories and my username since it is my intellectual property,..Just because it's on their server doesn't give them the right to sell it/transfer it or sell it
to a writer or make any money from it.

Rate this thread