You are not logged in.

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 7:13pm

Plunders vs. Protects (Long-ish Read)

I have always believed (since I joined W12) that plunders are better than protects. My reasoning was that plunders give more gold, which give better stats, which make XP hunting easy. You can get the extra XP from hunting that protecting would have given.

Someone presented a good point to me, the extra work gold that you get from being a higher level can give the extra gold that plunders would have given.

From what I Have seen in the game, protects seem to produce weaker players. There are many players above me who are significantly weaker and are easy XP targets. I have won 3 XP hero battle awards total and I only plunder.

I guess we should do some math here. What do you think?

Every level, the increase in gold around my level of 25 seems to average to around 10 gold (though this increase grows exponentially, as does plunder gold). So for 12 hours of gold, you get an extra 120 gold. Let's say you are two levels above someone, you are making 240 more gold in 12 hours than them. However, their extra gold from plunder can easily surpass that in 1 plunder session. BUT, let's say you are something like 10 levels ahead, then you make something like 1200 (guessing for exponential pay growth) gold more.

That may be difficult to overcome with the extra plunder money. Plus extra levels give you more life but make you an XP target which means you will be hit more often and lose life. Not only this, but higher levels have access to better gear, which makes a more formidable player.

I am not sure of the difference in gold or XP between plunders and protects? Does anyone have a figure that I can use for analysis?

So in conclusion, I present these options. Which do you choose?
Plunder and get extra XP from higher levels or...
Protect and get extra gold from work?
Perhaps an even split of plunders and protects is optimal?

Spunky

Beginner

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 7:41pm

Plunders all the way for me, as it's all about building your stats as high as possible while still maintaining a healthy pot stash for future upgrades.

XP 'lost' from doing only plunders, and the miniscule work pay increase is easily off-set with some XP/Cow hunting methinks, as the longer you stick to plunders only the more easy XP targets will show up, and thus more gold as many of those that are going heavily with protects seems to be good cows as well.

itsjustme

Professional

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 12:08am

?( I'm confused
I thought there was a ticket promo going on :love:
Who cares about plunders, do protects, buy your stats w/tickets :thumbup:

Quickly quickly now, promo is almost over ;( :P
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Ozzman

Intermediate

• "Ozzman" has been banned

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 3:53am

what over,a whole week left for you crazy hw players that want to have a taste of premium features,
now even more affordable!

yaaay

ps:this thread should be placed with the discussions threads,doesn't concern only w12 :P

ps2:i have never protected in w12,in w10 where i'm non premium tho,i only protect.
if you even think about getting close to tixxer stats,no protects,unless you want to wait for those magical 1k/10xp protects that come after lv50 or so

ps3:no decent workpay yet,bigger promos,zero plunders allover the place,you really need to tixx
now even more affordable! bleh
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

And that's why tixxers should pay my premium.

Monday, August 8th 2011, 7:09pm

After writing this, I have been doing protects exclusively. I'm getting lots of XP! :)

Ozzman

Intermediate

• "Ozzman" has been banned

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 1:42pm

what about gold
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

And that's why tixxers should pay my premium.

itsjustme

Professional

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 5:01pm

what about gold

Tickets man tickets for gold :thumbup:
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 5:03pm

what about gold

Doing okay on gold actually. Seems like I am being left behind on both level AND stats. At least I can be left behind in only stats if I catch up in level. I wonder if lots of people are doing some minor tixxing.

GriffKhan

Beginner

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 5:28pm

A lot of players are tixxing during the promo.
I do plunders most.
Sometimes I will do Protects when I get close to level.
Lots of ways to play this game. I would say no one way is best. It all depends on the time your willing to or able to put in will decide how you build you account.
Never Say Die :thumbup:

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Thursday, August 11th 2011, 6:34pm

I normally do the plunders but, since i have found a stable fullof decent cows that leveling would cause me to lose, i am gonna try the protect ffeature for a few days
When Life hands you Lemons grab the Tequila :D
W3-- Ban Hammer Gnome - TC
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
IN3 - Ban Hammer Gnome -- IPC
IN4 --Ban Hammer Gnome- SOUL
I am not addicted 8o I swear I ain't :S
MOD -618

Friday, August 12th 2011, 11:45pm

I normally do the plunders but, since i have found a stable fullof decent cows that leveling would cause me to lose, i am gonna try the protect ffeature for a few days

I am not trying to tell you how to play the game but wouldnt protect, INCREASE your xp and thereby negate your efforts to stay with the cows you have? ?(
There comes a point... :cursing:

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Sunday, August 14th 2011, 4:20am

yeah I saw that after the first two. definatly only good when you wanna level up
When Life hands you Lemons grab the Tequila :D
W3-- Ban Hammer Gnome - TC
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
IN3 - Ban Hammer Gnome -- IPC
IN4 --Ban Hammer Gnome- SOUL
I am not addicted 8o I swear I ain't :S
MOD -618