You are not logged in.

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 21st 2011, 10:24pm

Your Bucket List

Name 10 things you want to do before you die. These can be both RL and HW related. These must all be new things that you never done before.

1. Walk Gettysburg
2. Catch a foul ball- triple A and above
3. Take my son to Vegas
4. Eat a Nathan's hot dog at Coney Island
5. Visit Atlantic City
6. Take my talents to South Beach for a vacation (Miami)
7. See an NFL game live
8. Vacation in Mexico at a Beach resort and come back alive
9. Run for political office
10. Run a marathon

To make this more fun- if you have done anything on previous post- mention what you have accomplished from that bucket list.

Wednesday, December 21st 2011, 10:39pm

you wanna run a marathon after eating hotdogs ?( 8|
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 21st 2011, 10:48pm

maybe before :-).....all events are "stand alone". Not in any particular order

Wednesday, December 21st 2011, 11:27pm

1. Walk Gettysburg
2. Catch a foul ball- triple A and above
3. Take my son to Vegas
4. Eat a Nathan's hot dog at Coney Island
5. Visit Atlantic City
6. Take my talents to South Beach for a vacation (Miami)
7. See an NFL game live
8. Vacation in Mexico at a Beach resort and come back alive
9. Run for political office
10. Run a marathon

I've done two of those; attended several Broncos games* (back during the Elway era) and also honeymooned in Cancun. I'd probably never go back to Cancun, though. Prices were ridiculously expensive (moreso than Hawaii, believe it or not), everything is geared toward drinking and partying (the wife and I don't drink at all), and the surrounding area is a third world country where you're advised by the staff at the hotel to not stop in Cancun city, no matter what. Also, we had to fly through Mexico City airport, which is an exercise in frustration. No gate assignments, just "we'll tell you when your plane is leaving, but it won't be until 10 minutes before the gate's about to close and it'll be on the other side of the airport, so you'll have to sprint to get there." We also stayed overnight at one of the Mexico City Sheraton hotels. Nice hotel and great staff, but they specifically tell you not to get a taxi on your own and never to leave the hotel unless a bellman gets you a taxi. I had naively planned on walking around Mexico City, but I gather that kidnapping Americans is kinda popular there, so that was a no-go as I'm way too fragile and my family is way too poor for me to be a hostage. Also, my wife is convinced she heard a murder on the street outside at about 2 in the morning.

My bucket list (in no particular order):

1. Travel to Japan and see my aunts, uncles, and cousins again for the first time in 40 years. Also, tour Osaka castle, Sengaku-Ji (gravesite of the 47 Ronin), and Sekigahara, hopefully with my dad. We might do this next year.
2. Travel to England with my wife (I've been there before, but not with her). Also possible either next year or 1-3 years after.
3. Travel to Greece (or possibly Turkey), rent a villa on the coast of the Mediterranean.
4. Write a novel and get it published, then produce a movie & video game based on that novel (and I would probably be ridiculously OCD about the video game).
5. Go back to school and finish my education (bachelor's degree, then master's & doctorate). Not sure what subject(s), but leaning toward statistics.
6. Learn to swim, get over my asthma, get into shape, and go scuba diving by some tropical island where there's a white sand beach and warm weather. I know that's really four things, but I really just want to go scuba diving and the first three are pre-requisites.
7. Meet Sammy Hagar, and thank him in person for saving my life.
8. Sleep with either Julia Roberts, Anne Hathaway, or Sandra Bullock (with my wife's consent). She's only given me permission for the first two, though, so if Sandra and I ever ran into each other, this would take some doing.
9. Win the lotto or otherwise become independtly wealthy.
10. Have a son or daughter. Still working on this one.

* By the way... one little quirk (about the Broncos games). Back before the Rockies came to Colorado, I had a 20-year long streak going where the home team won every game I attended. Football, basketball, minor league baseball, even little league; it didn't matter. We always won. Not like I was a huge sports fan, but this was still something like 20-30 games we're talking about. Opening season with the Rockies killed it, though. The Rockies lost that first game I attended (I don't remember which one), and my lucky streak was completely broken after that point.

Ozzman

Intermediate

• "Ozzman" has been banned

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 7:39pm

3. Travel to Greece (or possibly Turkey), rent a villa on the coast of the Mediterranean.

not exactly villa lol,but it was a nice condo with great view in Milos,when the sun went down,you were feeling you were a step closer to god

just want to go scuba diving

Samothraki this summer-ancient remnants in the sea,the whole island is like ancestral worship place

8. Sleep with either Julia Roberts, Anne Hathaway, or Sandra Bullock

all 3,just not sure about julia roberts,maybe it wasn't her,i was really drunk that night (NOT!)

ok,here it goes:

1:Become Prime Minister of Greece
2:Get ALL the stolen money that the last 30 years politicians have stolen,taken as bribes,so on so on
3:After i return them to the state,keep some for me and buy me a Lamborghini Aventador
4: Set proper laws about illegal immigration in europe-it's pretty sad watching war refugees left by -certain nationality- ppl in the middle of the sea,
wish we could have the power to help them all,but we can't
5: Set a price of 5cents for every time a greek word is publicly written
6:Get a commission from it 8o
7:Use my commission to fund a campaign to ban all the nukes and chemical weapons
8:Bankrupt every bank in the world-but not the people
9:Own my private field of green plants on a secluded gr island
10:After all these are done,find a beautiful rich woman that is a great cook also,so i can sit and attend to my plants and do nothing
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

And that's why tixxers should pay my premium.

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 11:38pm

all 3,just not sure about julia roberts,maybe it wasn't her,i was really drunk that night (NOT!)

Shoot... I don't know why, but this suddenly reminds me of a girl I knew about 12 years ago. Her name was Miriam, and she looked like a hotter version of Jennifer Love Hewitt. Think about JLH when she was in her early 20s, and what she looked like when she was on the cover of various magazines (i.e., airbrushed), then add a few hotness points to that. That was Miriam, except she wasn't quite as well endowed (she was probably a B cup). She also tended to flirt with me quite a bit. I'm not sure if she was really interested or not, but I never did see her flirt with anyone else that we worked with.

Nice girl, too, and smart, but she was all of 17 years old and nowhere close to 18. In addition to that, I was 32 at the time, and I was not willing to go that far into creepy town, although it was certainly very tempting.

Ozzman

Intermediate

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 7:29pm

*googles Jennifer Love Hewitt* :P

Nice girl, too, and smart, but she was all of 17 years old and nowhere close to 18. In addition to that, I was 32 at the time, and I was not willing to go that far into creepy town, although it was certainly very tempting.

the word "tempting" explains all I think,however,can't say i'm against the law of being under 18 and all.
see in my country,until 10-15 years ago,we let the doors unlocked at night,didn't have any people going berserk in schools and universities(we have 1 till now) and apart from a couple -only a couple- of serial killer stories that really shocked the public,not much.

Last year,suicides rates have gone up(thing unheard of for a greek),and in the last month,2 teachers were arrested as child molesters.I guess it's what the new world order does to ppl,just wanted to notice that we here were not used to it
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

Thursday, December 29th 2011, 11:56pm

Been scuba diving in Eilat, Israel - petted a baby dolphin in the water and had it use its sonar on me - an experience I'll never forget. Went again the next day because it was so awesome.
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Friday, December 30th 2011, 12:12am

Been scuba diving in Eilat, Israel - petted a baby dolphin in the water and had it use its sonar on me - an experience I'll never forget. Went again the next day because it was so awesome.

Glad it did not have freakin laser beams attached to its head 8o

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Saturday, December 31st 2011, 1:59pm

Sad only three people have any bucket lists.

Ozzman

Intermediate

Sunday, January 1st 2012, 11:05pm

The Annunaki have stolen their free will and dreams :/