You are not logged in.

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 11:02pm

Biggest Waste of Talent

This thread is dedicated to the biggest waste of talent via acting, sports, music and/or politics. Let's keep 1980 and above. Top 5 plus some honorary mentions.

1. Lindsay Lohan-alcohol and drugs, bad decisions and messed up family.

2. The band Guns and Roses- even though they had great songs/albums they could have done so much more. What caused the problems- band infighting, alcohol and drugs and a control freak lead singer.

3. The Oasis- could have done so much more. Crazy brothers could not get along and blame it on the Alcohol.

4. Eliot Spitzer- Governor of New York- Law and Order governor caught in a prostitution ring.

5. Kurt Kobain- lead singer Nirvana. Victim of drugs and a crazy wife. Suicide

Just outside the top 5

Amy Winehouse
Mark Sanford- govenor of South Carolina

fatrobin

Intermediate

Friday, May 21st 2010, 12:04am

there seems to be a theme between most of these...
Campaigner for Zombie Rights

Not a Professional cow... just consistently lazy

The Black Knight

Unregistered

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 10:41am

Van Halen

Do I need to explain why?

Underground

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 12:54am

Kurt Cobain didnt commit suicide. He was murdered. Probably by his crazy drugged out skeze wife.

erialc

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 3:36am

Kurt Cobain didnt commit suicide. He was murdered. Probably by his crazy drugged out skeze wife.
I thought Kurt Cobain was a heroin addict and also had depression, not a good combination :( so dunno why your blaming his wife ?(
W2 contrarian (non-premium) ~ W3 contra (non-premium)~ W4 contra aka erialc (non-premium) ~ W5 Yasmine - Sold ~ W6 contrarian (OM) Dragon Warriors ~ W8 Holy PIA (non-premium) (OM) Because We Can

Ranock_Ironfist

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 4:01am

Ug always blames women :P

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 9:49pm

Baby Girl just can't stay out of trouble. Wonder if Slash ever saw this thread?

Slasher

Intermediate

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 5:40am

2. The band Guns and Roses- even though they had great songs/albums they could have done so much more. What caused the problems- band infighting, alcohol and drugs and a control freak lead singer.
No... actually i hadnt seen this 8o .... sadly tho I have to agree :( they could have done much more... they have a great sound... and loads of talent... and both Slash and Eddie are incredible on the guitar... its a shame. Van Halen (before sammy) had a great sound. I never liked their songs with sammy... tho sammy's I cant drive 55 is a must-play at car shows :thumbsup:

hmmmm big waste?? I think Mike Tyson would qualify in the top 10. I watched his fights on ESPN replays... wholy cow that guy was a freekin powerhouse 8| imagine where he could have gone if he hadnt screwed it all up and gone to jail :thumbdown:
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Lieutenant Howell Maurice Forgy, USN (ChC), serving in the heavy cruiser USS New Orleans (CA-32) during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on 7 December 1941.

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Monday, July 25th 2011, 11:13pm

I guess Amy made it into the Top 5. Mark Sanford- ex-govenor of South Carolina maybe this guy really did not have much talent. Seems like he depended on his wife to get him to the top.

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 9:25am

Matrix Part 2 and Matrix Part 3. And I'd like to mention Wolverine: Origins, too. Just because of Deadpool.

In case movies count.

Ozzman

Intermediate

• "Ozzman" has been banned

Friday, September 16th 2011, 4:00pm

Holy War,because it was a great game that got messed up because of money lust,

mainly because of it's admin's fault,but also because their lust for money has made the game attractive to tixxer wannabes and nobodies
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

And that's why tixxers should pay my premium.

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Friday, December 9th 2011, 5:38am

The band Guns and Roses

Just got selected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! Still think they should have done more

Friday, December 9th 2011, 4:19pm

Matrix Part 2 and Matrix Part 3

Totally agreed. They just seem so "tacked on," and Revolutions made almost no sense.

And since we're talking movies, everything after The Empire Strikes Back. "Jedi" was a bunch of schlock and it just went downhill from there.

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Saturday, December 10th 2011, 12:21am

And since we're talking movies, everything after The Empire Strikes Back. "Jedi" was a bunch of schlock and it just went downhill from there.

glad to see you admit that Star Trek is a better franchise than Star Wars

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Tuesday, December 27th 2011, 9:22pm

Agreed- that is why Star Trek is a better franchise than Star Wars

Tuesday, December 27th 2011, 11:28pm

For me a waste of talent - or possibly "miscasting" was havingg Sir David Jason playing Albert and Rincewind in the Sky adaptations of the Discworld series.

In the books Albert is a real miserable old sod, the type of old codger who'd hand out poisoned sweeties to the poor kids. David Jason doesn't play that sort of character in the TV movie. Likewise Rincewind comes across as a long distance runner in his early to mid 30's, not someone who is in their 60's.

As much as I liked the Sky adaptations, there was some miscasting in them that stopped it being as brilliant as it could be.
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24

Wednesday, December 28th 2011, 12:00am

Agreed- that is why Star Trek is a better franchise than Star Wars

Yes, but the first two movies (from a release date standpoint, i.e., Ep. 4 & 5) make up for everything else.

Saturday, July 21st 2012, 10:56pm

Wont neccesarilly call it a waste of talent because idk the developers but Duke Nukem Forever was a huge disapointment. :thumbdown:

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 1:33am

A lot of games are disappointing...

Another waste of talent could be said of GaS, seeing as they've managed to drive away a huge number of their long term customers.
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24

Monday, July 30th 2012, 5:11am

Cant turn a corner in these forums without seeing a GaS hate comment.

Saturday, August 4th 2012, 1:44am

So? I pay for the game so can moan about it if i like ;)

I would say one massive waste of talent can be awarded to Commodore for relying on word of mouth to sell the Amiga and for not making an office computer.