You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jim pruitt

Intermediate

• "jim pruitt" started this thread

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 7:55am

Is Gas so blind that they cannot see the long term $$$ a tisx free world would make

I know this has been said before and if it is in the wrong place by all means move it where it goes.
If GAS would sit down and just figure out how many old players have left due to uber tixxers and how many new ones stick around for a short time until the get disgusted with the rampate tixxing they would see how much long term money is gone. Way back in older worlds there were none and we have fun. bought our tix for premium and played the game. We had a blast in the sb. it was never quiet. lol smack talking and such. jokes aplenty and great conversation. Yeah there was always someone getting chucked in the sin bin for being a dummy but still it was fun. you hunted cows and took pride in it and v/d rating. you got what you got from work, plunder and hauling. When you leveled or hit a fat cow and put it in the sb congtats were abundant. IF you took the time to study this and looked at the numbers you would see that while you would not make a fortune overnight on the tix specials you would have a long term world that made money. No cash for tix, no extra plunders. Tix could only be cashed for premium and the tad of gold that comes with that and maybe BH and that is all a tix could get you. Mercing for tix was a way for good players that could not afford prem to stay that way. you did not have a world that was full of level 30's and a few that were level 60 to 80 because they were burning tix like they were printing them. You got what you got through hard work and careful planning. Battles were decided by careful planning and prestirkes. not who could afford the most tixxers.
OK comment away Flame suit on and give a damn button is disconected :D
When Life hands you Lemons grab the Tequila :D
W3-- Ban Hammer Gnome - TC
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
IN3 - Ban Hammer Gnome -- IPC
IN4 --Ban Hammer Gnome- SOUL
I am not addicted 8o I swear I ain't :S
MOD -618

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 9:34am

I'm in! I'd definitely be in a world like that; it would bring back the interest I once had, where I felt so competitive I had to be on as much as possible to ensure my characters had all I could give them and no battle would catch me off guard. Now there doesn't seem a reason to be so committed to the game, since someone can spend money and much less effort to do the same.

Horro

Beginner

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 9:47am

I would play your definable world too. :thumbsup:

Also I suggest a new world, only for tixxers. It would be fun to watch who spends more money, so GAS could find more ways for them to spend even more money. :)

Cheers

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 10:47am

Now thats an Idea Horro. i like it :thumbsup:
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
MOD -618

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 11:40am

As already stated this subject has been brought up by many of us. sadly its 1 of them ideas GAS just sweeps under the carpet as quickly as possible. :thumbdown:

I thumbs up the idea again but not with any hope. :thumbup:

if this did happen though GAS would gain my extra 2 tix per month (prem+bh) once again as its a world id gladly pay to be competetive(again prem+bh) im poor so cant tix :D

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 11:48am

Yeah I know Judge but I felt it should be raised from the dead. Hell yes a whole bunch of folks would play there. I would even hazard a guess many players of old long gone from here would come back to play there and gladly pay two tix a month for prem and BH
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
MOD -618

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 3:55pm

I like this idea and always have, it's like going to the pub to watch the football. The football is not necessarily the highlight, it's the craic of having a few beers with your mates at the same time. And the best thing about craic is that it's free. All you need is a few beers to keep it ticking over nicely. In comparison, it's the tixxers who spend their yearly wages on a season ticket and then cry and start riots when they lose, because they've invested so much in the game already.

However, as you well know, GAS are still busy with the main course (the merge..."it's all lies!!!!!!" i hear you cry...), but I will nonetheless forward this idea again as a potential dessert....

So - just so I understand fully: it's a world where you can buy Premium and Battle Healing and Extra Plunder Time, but you cannot tixx for gold?

Cheers,
GD

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 5:53pm

:thumbup:

But you got 1 part wrong WE would like a world where you can only use a ticket for Premium and BH only NO TIXX FOR GOLD NO TIX FOR PLUNDERS. but other than that you hit the nail on the head with the pub comment. 8)

This will be an active world thats a sure fire fact.

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 6:10pm

:thumbsup: I'm all in too! for what it's worth...

itsjustme

Professional

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 6:20pm

:thumbup:

But you got 1 part wrong WE would like a world where you can only use a ticket for Premium and BH only NO TIXX FOR GOLD NO TIX FOR PLUNDERS. but other than that you hit the nail on the head with the pub comment. 8)

This will be an active world thats a sure fire fact.

What he said...
8)
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 6:56pm

It would be active for a year or two, then players would start dropping off. The problem with HW is that new players can't meaningfully participate in an established world. A single level 150 demolishes 300+ level 10s, even level 50s.

Until that's addressed, either by Falco's old "buy a premade account" or my more recent "decaying stats world" approaches, tixxers are a problem, but not the problem.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

itsjustme

Professional

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 12:38am

I've championed the cause before... a resetting world...no tickets at all...you pay a set amount (ticket prices if you will) for the duration of the world. Battle healing can be debated, but everyone is premium for the duration, you cannot buy a ticket in this world. Once the "goal" is reached, a winner(s) is declared and are automatically entered into the next world. Everyone pays up again if they want to play.
Awards can be given and offer a discount on the next world.
They could be individual - First to reach Lvl ???, Best V/D ratio, Best Haul etc
Or team oriented - Order wins, Team Wins etc (of course everyone in the order would get a share of the award, not sure how winning multiple awards would go...)

Scenario:
Pay a cost of 3 tickets to play for 4 months. (Goal is play for 4 months)
Player that is the highest level - Gets automatic entry into next world
Player with most victories - Same as above
Player with Highest haul - same as above
Most order wins - ???
Again, no tickets can be used for anything.
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 3:05am

Frankly I would like to see a new world created with the old program.....only prem no bh and just strategy to play with for a change :P If bh is a big deal fine :P but I would love to see world where its only prem :thumbsup:
As WC Fields once said, "It was a woman drove me to drink, and I never stopped to thank her.^^
Mod 575

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 5:57am

you got it General D. but with out the extra plunder time. just Premium and BH. No gold for tix and no Extra plunders
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
MOD -618

Occupation: What do I do for a living? well, there are several things, but mainly: breathing and eating :D

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 4:04pm

It would be active for a year or two, then players would start dropping off. The problem with HW is that new players can't meaningfully participate in an established world. A single level 150 demolishes 300+ level 10s, even level 50s.

Until that's addressed, either by Falco's old "buy a premade account" or my more recent "decaying stats world" approaches, tixxers are a problem, but not the problem.
There will always be another system. I already suggest that we get more xp from PvP fight, rather than the classic 0-1-2 xp. and also we get gold for each xp we earn a sum of gold, lets say as much as a half hour workpay.

The idea is when a new player invested enough time to play, he can eventually catch up with the big guy. Wit this current system, even if you play 24 h a day your gold source is only from 120 min of plunder :(
Please be patient God is not finish with me yet :D

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 5:41pm

I support it, but I don't think Battle healing should be a part of it either. Only premium!!!!
~ Mod 322 ~

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 1:14pm

even I, as a tixxer, would like to play a world where it can't happen. I only really tixx now just to keep up with the top 3-4 tixxers stats so that I know I can actually be effective in battle.

GaS would also need to not allow us to buy more than a 3 pack in tixx on the tixx free world? And how would the premium part of a promo work? I foresee people saving up their prem tickets and using them during promos for the extra gold with premium play simply as a way round not being able to cash in for gold.

Similarly, would Battle Healing be allowed on this tixx free world or will it go back to how it was, where pre-strikes mattered as did proper strategy and thinking about whom to hit.

I would actually enjoy being able to play one world where it is an even playing field.. Shame the money I've pumped into GaS's bank account doesn't get me listened to anymore than those who only buy premium.
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 1:17pm

Ben, many of us have suggested getting 1 extra xp point on top of the original amount for beating someone x levels above you, so if you beat someone 10 levels above you you get either 10xp (as some suggested) or 12 xp.
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24

SoGgy

Trainee

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 10:47pm

I'm in!

I remember the old system being a lot of fun. A lot of strategy involved in which battles and how many battles knowing you have to heal afterwards. As Lady V said, Premium only, but if BH is a sticking point, then BH also. I also like the idea of premade accounts. GAS could even charge for them. Make them level appropriate for the age of the world and a new player could "buy" their way in at a competitive level. Bottom line is YES to a tix free world. No tix for gold or plunder time.

Monday, August 6th 2012, 12:21am

buy into same level, stats & Equipment

No Tixx

Monday, August 6th 2012, 3:50am

i did not read the comments above because i am on my way to playing a game i was told not to discuss in this game.. but i would suggest that for everyone's sake, the players, Gas, and even tixxers.. to make a few servers(worlds) that are TIX-FREE.

this was already suggest somewhere in this forum before.
Recruitment Links:
W12EN:
#mce_temp_url#

INT2:
#mce_temp_url#

Tuesday, August 7th 2012, 2:01pm

yes there is no fun at all when tixxers are in the world
it would be alot much funnier and interesting if there is no tixxers

and imagine like 1000 players giving 2 tickets per month thats alot more than 5 of them givving 1000 tickets only once

cuzman

Beginner

Tuesday, August 7th 2012, 2:54pm

I am definitely in with a tixx free world :-)

Sunny

Beginner

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 3:37pm

I can see it now-

"_____ has all day to cow hunt and I don't, there is no way to keep up"

or

"Farmer ________ definitely has multis"

or

"______ is friends with _____ so they will always get good merc pay, better deals on gear, etc, can't compete with that."

Can't wait. :thumbsup:

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Monday, August 13th 2012, 3:10am

There will always be those that try to cheat, those that always complain ect. Hmm maybe by asking for a tix free wolrld i am now among them lol. The thing is asome mark success by camping, Looks up at ST :D, some by leveling fast, some by there stats, V/D rating, order battle wins and some a combo of the listed things. ever since tixxing became popular most of these things for personal gain are no fun unless youare now tixxing to beat the band. General D's Pub and football anaolgy says it best..
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
MOD -618

Monday, August 13th 2012, 9:15am

Im finished with HW now only have my forum account :(.After 3 years+ of playing (im not the only veteren player to do this) but do GAS care about those standard players leaving daily NO becouse they have the likes of Sock monkey,sockman,monkey making up the difference.

NONE TIX WORLD WILL GET ME BACK TO PLAYING BECOUSE I KNOW IT WILL BE A COMPETETIVE WORLD EVERY TIME I LOGIN.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "longo" (Aug 13th 2012, 11:44am)

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Friday, August 17th 2012, 5:41pm

I can understand that Judge. I take pride in working my butt off trying to build the best charactor I can only to go to a battle and get slaughtered in short order by a credit card warrior. Take IN2 for example. I do not do protects as I value the gold from the plunders more than the xp so i do not level as fast. I am a lvl 32 with all gear up to date, decent stash of lix and all stats lvl 65 to 70+ and if i make it thought 8 to 10 fights in a battle i am lucky. I hit around 40 to 50 people a day average. some for xp some just fishing for gold then work when i am offline. in a non tix world i would be somewhat competative but when you are in a world this new with folks already with stats well over 100 on everything it is like peeing on a forest fire. a lost cause.
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
MOD -618

Ozzman

Intermediate

• "Ozzman" has been banned

Friday, August 17th 2012, 7:34pm

it is like peeing on a forest fire.

hehe :D
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

And that's why tixxers should pay my premium.

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 5:22pm

liked that analogy did ya Ozz :D
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
MOD -618

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 5:30pm

On a different note IF GAS ever woke up and did create us a tixxer free world. even an IN one I wonder how many players of old , some loved and some hated lol, would return to HW
I know several i would love to see come back.
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
MOD -618

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 10:22am

The above post had to be removed because it bordered on racism.

Last warning, Ozzman. I totally mean it.

Edit: Well, there you go. Post(s) removed, warning and ban. Thank you for your opinion, next time avoid subtext racism, please.

CApeX

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 8:03am

Well after seeing what is out there in the merged worlds. I feel it is again time to jump up in my stump a revive the request for a tix free world to play in. While I have no intention of leaving either of the world groups I am in I do feel moreso than ever that the powers that be should take a hard look.at it and implement this world.
No.tix for gold.
No cashing in large numbers of tix for premium at once.
no protects, just plunders
Battle Healing maybe.
Have no.fear powers that be. There be plenty of money to be.made of a world like this and with. A bakers dozen or so ticket. Cashing events a year I am sure wista and company will keep you on the black.
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
MOD -618

Friday, October 5th 2012, 3:13am

good 4 most part

The ideas are sound enough but when it was mentioned bringing back the old code I would hope that would include work pay becuz the hosing they did to that was ridiculous plain and simple levels actually meant something but now you are lucky to climb 25 gold per hour which isnt worth spit toward gaining any stat

Occupation: What do I do for a living? well, there are several things, but mainly: breathing and eating :D

Thursday, October 11th 2012, 4:05am

The ideas are sound enough but when it was mentioned bringing back the old code I would hope that would include work pay becuz the hosing they did to that was ridiculous plain and simple levels actually meant something but now you are lucky to climb 25 gold per hour which isnt worth spit toward gaining any stat

Noob question: what is the old workpay rate?
:D
Please be patient God is not finish with me yet :D

carpatian

Beginner

Thursday, October 11th 2012, 9:46am

i won the lottery and i'm started to supporting tixers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tix till death :evil:
DEATH TO ZOG!!

Ozzman

Intermediate

Thursday, October 11th 2012, 4:59pm

Noob question: what is the old workpay rate?

If with todays standards,2/3 of your daily gold comes from plunders,in the old workpay rate,those 2/3 came from work,and 1/3 from plunders.
payraise every 10 levels...man i miss it
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Thursday, October 11th 2012, 5:34pm

Quo

All numbers purely for example:

Under the old system, you'd work 12 hours, and get, say, 100K gp. You'd then do 120 min plunders and get another 40K. Under that, a full day would be 100+40+100.
Under the new system, you work 12 hours, and get, say, 40K gp. You do 120 min plunders and get another 100K gp. Now a full day is 30+100+30.
Plus, under the old system, there were no protects, plunders went from 0-10XP, and paid less gold overall, but more XP on average. Now you have to choose between income and XP. With work pay nerfed, it's getting hard to get paid.

So you see, if your stats were balanced and level-appropriate under the old system, you could do 2 stats per day if you planned well, or you could at least bank a lot more elixirs. Now, you get 1 stat each day, and a greatly reduced amount of gp to put into lix.

Supposedly the current system was put in to prevent folks who 'played' by simply setting 12 hours work over and over, and just buying stats, counting on battles to make up the XP. I don't think it has worked. Now work pay means so little that you just need to put in that 1 or 2 hours to plunder, the work pay just doesn't matter much. With the current level of battles/XP thanks to the merge, I know I'm doing my plunders for the gp, the xp is just a side effect.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

Ozzman

Intermediate

Thursday, October 11th 2012, 5:37pm

Supposedly the current system was put in to prevent folks who 'played' by simply setting 12 hours work over and over, and just buying stats, counting on battles to make up the XP.

and what is wrong with that X( X( X(

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Friday, October 12th 2012, 9:23am

Not much. It does stand in the way of activity, however. And that was (and is) something players asked for: More activity.

Regards,

CApeX

Ozzman

Intermediate

Monday, October 15th 2012, 2:28pm

the players asked for more activity because your tixxing policy has drove everyone away,

how good is standing in front of a screen for 2-3 consecutive hours,just to c that in the battle you just entered,you're going to get your butt wooped.

It cancels it alltogether,if you know what i mean.

We want 1,1 not 2 tixx free world,the money G@S has made from tixxers are more than enough to justify it

Rate this thread