You are not logged in.

Caradoc

Trainee

• "Caradoc" started this thread

Sunday, July 1st 2012, 9:26am

Marketing Strategy

As much as I hate to see the tix promos going on more and more frequently.... might I suggest actually having different promotions? Every promo is the same... twice the gold. I think they could achieve 2 things if they only varied them a little.

1. They could show players they care about more than just the "tixxers" who cash in tix simply for gold
  2. Could improve ticket sales by appealing to a more vast customer base across all languages

And here's some examples:
  • Battle Frenzy. For every ticket redeemed within the period, you now receive 30 days of premium AND 15 days of battle healing
  • Best of Both Worlds. For each ticket redeemed for gold, also receive 30 days of premium
  • Variety Pack. Receive 30 days of premium, 15 days of battle healing, and 75% of the gold of cashing in
  • Change of Heart. When you redeem a ticket for a name change, receive a faith change for free

There are so many more that I could come up with if I didn't have to leave for work right now. :thumbup:
w2=Caradoc [Pagan] w5=Lord Kerak [TUA] w8=Little Sin [SOULS] w9=Sinbad [Arabs] w10=Caradoc [CLUB] w11=Nevyn [OTIS] w12=Sinbad [FAT] INT1=Caradoc [HPC]

HW:?: 2 words.... X P

Nagap

Beginner

Sunday, July 1st 2012, 11:34am

Why offer ppl more for their money, if GaS are getting enough income already:?:

Sunday, July 1st 2012, 1:31pm

GAS gotta keep MEGA TIXXERS happy

Screw the average paying player

GAS policy

Caradoc

Trainee

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 7:42am

The point is they already have ticket promos where you get twice your money's worth for gold. Even though you get twice the gold for premium, you don't get any extra premium time for promos. My point is to mix it up when they do have promos, so that everybody gets double the value, not just those cashing for gold.

Why offer ppl more for their money, if GaS are getting enough income already:?:

Can you really have enough income? No business who is in business to succeed would settle for "enough" income (unless it was ethically questionable). Look up the Principle of continuity under the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (or the Going Concern under IFRS) if you'd like to see what I'm talking about.
w2=Caradoc [Pagan] w5=Lord Kerak [TUA] w8=Little Sin [SOULS] w9=Sinbad [Arabs] w10=Caradoc [CLUB] w11=Nevyn [OTIS] w12=Sinbad [FAT] INT1=Caradoc [HPC]

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 1:21pm

I think it's an excellent idea Caradoc :thumbsup: I think the promo's should offer different ideas that might get other players, including those who like to tix, the options for more than just double your gold!
As WC Fields once said, "It was a woman drove me to drink, and I never stopped to thank her.^^
Mod 575

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 6:06am

They could also give out a weeks free premium on Christmas day to all accounts that have been logged into within the last 48 hours - just as a little "thank you for staying with us" etc..

I'd personally like to see them offer MORE to the vast majority of non-premium account players. Seeing as I've given GaS a decent amount of money over the years it would be nice to know that they actually listen to their paying customers, but I doubt they really care enough to speculate to accumulate. Why potentially offer people who hardly buy tickets for premium, if ever, anything when you now have people who'll spend thousands of euros per game world.
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 10:04am

Remember G@s LOVE Tixxers

They could also give out a weeks free premium on Christmas day to all accounts that have been logged into within the last 48 hours - just as a little "thank you for staying with us" etc..

I'd personally like to see them offer MORE to the vast majority of non-premium account players. Seeing as I've given GaS a decent amount of money over the years it would be nice to know that they actually listen to their paying customers, but I doubt they really care enough to speculate to accumulate. Why potentially offer people who hardly buy tickets for premium, if ever, anything when you now have people who'll spend thousands of euros per game world.
Everyone else they treat like slime on their shoe

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 11:53am

theres some dude that gave like 3000 USD for his 150 stat
and it takes 150 players to collect 3000 USD (premium only)

i think gas have got alot of money already why dont they untie their bag a lil bit
they have lilke millions a pure profit per year

Caradoc

Trainee

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 4:36pm

Bump for current promo ;)

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 4:10pm

How about something as simple as offering 45 days premium or 60 days premium for a ticket on a quickfire 24 to 48 hour promo.
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24

Tuesday, September 4th 2012, 1:31pm

A quickfire promo sounds good, but promos are actually quite hard to coordinate as they are, and we would get lots of complaints from players who bought their tickets just before or just after the promo. I think the promos are fine as they are, personally.

Cheers!
Gen.D

Tuesday, September 4th 2012, 4:09pm

I've used tickets to find a promo start a few hours later.

You'll get people complain no matter what.. All you need to do is give some sort of notice, say a weeks notice, via HWT spam and on the forum, that you'll be doing this promo :thumbup:

Tuesday, September 4th 2012, 4:49pm

What annoys people more are the promos for the extra tickets that tend to favour one particular payment type which isn't available world wide..

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 11:21am

I understand that it annoying, but GAS has no control over which countries certain payment methods are available to. I assume they attempt to do a promotion with as many as possible if not all payment methods, so that everyone can have a go :D

Gen.D

Rate this thread