You are not logged in.

• "falcotron" started this thread

Thursday, June 25th 2009, 6:47pm

I had it in all 4 worlds. It worked great in W1, W2, and W4, where I was within a couple levels of the top and had competitive but not super stats. The increase in my win ratio wasn't that huge, but it was noticeable.

I don't know how well it'll work if you're dozens of levels back and already have plenty of people you can clobber. Also, my Agi was at least 10% higher than my Str in most worlds. So, your mileage may vary.
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

Noble

Professional

Wednesday, August 5th 2009, 11:35pm

Falcotron, you still have to admit that -2 agility penalty can be detrimental to your performance in fights and battles.
I could not have been more wrong on this one. :wacko:

I have been using the Snake tongue in W6 since level 51 when I bought it, and I am now level 56. I have used this weapon to do a lot of experience hits and have regularly defeated opponents armed with Talus sword's, Shimmering blade's, and Flambard's. Granted I lose on occasion, but I do often win against opponents I'm not even sure I have any business beating. I'm going to retract my claim that this would be as detrimental in fights as I thought.
Holy War: W1 EN noble fighter [RO] (Christian), W4EN Nobility [Aloha] (Pagan), W6 EN Mr Credit Card (Christian), W8 EN Noble [BS] (Pagan)
Tagoria: W1 EN The Redeemer, W3 EN Noble
AI Wars: W1 EN Nobility

Noble

Professional

Wednesday, August 5th 2009, 11:42pm

No, because I'm planning to keep my A-Tek to 80 in W1. I upgraded in W3; it'll be interesting to see how the two paths play out differently.

Actually, 3 paths--in W4, I'm going 40-70 instead.

PS, thanks for the correction on the battle hammer. I should have set up a script to calculate these instead of doing it in my head. If I ever extend it out farther, I'll do that.
So, how did these three different paths turn out?
Holy War: W1 EN noble fighter [RO] (Christian), W4EN Nobility [Aloha] (Pagan), W6 EN Mr Credit Card (Christian), W8 EN Noble [BS] (Pagan)

Wednesday, August 5th 2009, 11:51pm

Falcotron, you still have to admit that -2 agility penalty can be detrimental to your performance in fights and battles.

I have been using the Snake tongue in W6 since level 51 when I bought it, and I am now level 56. I have used this weapon to do a lot of experience hits and have regularly defeated opponents armed with Talus sword's, Shimmering blade's, and Flambard's. Granted I lose on occasion, but I do often win against opponents I'm not even sure I have any business beating. I'm going to retract my claim that this would be as detrimental in fights as I thought.
Remember, you can always compensate for 2 less Agi by just making Agi a higher priority in your stat buying; you can't compensate for 2 less HP.*

Which doesn't explain why I ended up with the -0 Agi pallos in two worlds. (That's just due to schedule. You know, you have a long week where you end up tired every night and stashing gold rather than staying up to work-SF-work, so that weekend you've got lots of downtime and lots of pots, and then you hit 95....)

* I'm not 100% sure about that, but I'm pretty sure. Many months ago, another player and I got into a discussion about how Str and HP worked. I thought Str was used as a multiplier for HP, just as in most browser games with similar stats, which would mean that lots of Str is pointless without lots of HP. He thought they were just added together, so you could compensate for low HP with high Str (or vice-versa). Despite lots of weaponless fights and iron-sword fights, I was never able to convince myself either way. And the fight script update that squares all of your stats changes things--if they really are just added (after being squared), lots of one is better than a decent amount of each (by 2(x-y)^2, where x is the higher one). In other words, if I'm wrong, you're much better adding 2 Str than getting 2 more HP.

The Black Knight

Unregistered

Thursday, August 6th 2009, 12:13am

Noble, it's still detrimental, so you were correct with the initial statement you quoted above, but it's a small enough factor that everything else more than makes up for it.

Noble

Professional

Thursday, August 6th 2009, 3:52am

No, because I'm planning to keep my A-Tek to 80 in W1. I upgraded in W3; it'll be interesting to see how the two paths play out differently.

PS, thanks for the correction on the battle hammer. I should have set up a script to calculate these instead of doing it in my head. If I ever extend it out farther, I'll do that.
I really am curious as to how this went because I plan to go the 40-70 route myself in W6 and was wondering what to expect.

Thursday, August 6th 2009, 4:33am

I really am curious as to how this went because I plan to go the 40-70 route myself in W6 and was wondering what to expect.
It definitely worked out great from 40-70. I was much stronger in my 40s and 50s than I'd been in any earlier world, I didn't seem to be that much weaker in my 60s, and of course in my late 70s I was way ahead. Of course I'm not as strong at 87 as I was in the older worlds, but it's definitely sufficient, and I'm sure I'll be able to carry it until at least 100 without being crippled.

For reference, my current horse stats:

W1, half-way through 96, level-80 horse at 205-187-205.
W2, just turned 96, level-80 horse at 198-187-199.
W4, just turned 87, level-70 horse at 170-161-169.

By the way, I've noticed that most of the other people with high-stat horses have raise their horse stamina really high while leaving their personal stamina pretty low. I don't know if there's a specific reason for the wide spread on their stats, or if it's more a matter of "I don't have enough for my cheapest stat, but I have enough for my most expensive horse stat" coming up frequently.

The Black Knight

Unregistered

Thursday, August 6th 2009, 4:52am

I don't know if there's a specific reason for the wide spread on their stats, or if it's more a matter of "I don't have enough for my cheapest stat, but I have enough for my most expensive horse stat" coming up frequently.

For what it's worth, that would definitely be my reasoning, although now that I'm back in a solo order, this should happen a lot less often.

Noble

Professional

Sunday, September 13th 2009, 2:58am

Choices, choices...

I'm at level 74 right now, and I'm wondering what weapon I should buy next.

At first, I was figuring I would just buy the Stonesplitter and then transition on to the Dented Flail next, but it's taking longer to level than I'd anticipated, and that's causing me to question and reevaluate my plans.

Here are my choices:
74-74: Tyrant Axe (+75/-3, level 74) Price: 95,000 gold
Trident (+76/-2, level 76) Price: 100,000 gold*
75-79: Dented Flail (+80/-2, level 78, premium) Price: 110,000 gold

The last weapon I bought was the Stonesplitter at level 68.

67-70: Stonesplitter (+70/-2, level 68, premium) Price: 84,000 gold

*On the upside, if I choose this one I can go around looking like Poseidon for a while. LOL :D

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 9:46am

From what I've seen, the trident is not a popular choice. The one person I know who had one in W4 had an awful time selling it, and most people look at the stats on the trident and the dented flail and figure that waiting two levels is a small price to pay for the superior weapon.

Whether you buy a lvl 74 weapon and then again a lvl 78 is really up to you, and a lot depends where you're at in the world. If you can get the dented flail a few levels ahead, that's what I'd do. On the other hand, if you're one of the top levels yourself, and if you're concerned with winning a lot of fights right now, then upgrading the weapon more often makes sense. On the other hand (that's three hands now, isn't it?), if you're one of the top levels and are more concerned with raising your stats over the long haul, maybe you can skip the upgrade at lvl 74, get a couple extra stats with the gold saved, and then come back stronger for it at lvl 78.

I can't say that there is one right answer. It's more a matter of what your goals are.

Noble

Professional

Saturday, September 19th 2009, 6:33am

From what I've seen, the trident is not a popular choice. The one person I know who had one in W4 had an awful time selling it, and most people look at the stats on the trident and the dented flail and figure that waiting two levels is a small price to pay for the superior weapon.

Whether you buy a lvl 74 weapon and then again a lvl 78 is really up to you, and a lot depends where you're at in the world. If you can get the dented flail a few levels ahead, that's what I'd do. On the other hand, if you're one of the top levels yourself, and if you're concerned with winning a lot of fights right now, then upgrading the weapon more often makes sense. On the other hand (that's three hands now, isn't it?), if you're one of the top levels and are more concerned with raising your stats over the long haul, maybe you can skip the upgrade at lvl 74, get a couple extra stats with the gold saved, and then come back stronger for it at lvl 78.

I can't say that there is one right answer. It's more a matter of what your goals are.
Yes, I suppose I'd have to agree with that assessment because the flail gives another 4 HP for only 10k more gold.

I ultimately decided to buy the Dented flail because I found someone that had one and was willing to sell to me at a decent price.

I'd like to add something to this. I believe another concern is whether or not you can find a deal on something. Case in point, when I went looking for a Stonesplitter I advertised that I was looking for one multiple times on the SB everyday for probably a week, and got no response from anyone. For the flail though, I asked around on the SB only once or twice and within a day or two I had found a seller.

Saturday, September 19th 2009, 6:45am

If I remember correctly, as a general rule, the weapon just before a premium weapon sucks (like the Trident--only 2 points more than the axe, and 4 short of the flail). This is probably intentional, to make the premium weapons a better deal (and therefore make premium more attractive) without completely unbalancing the game.

Underground

Intermediate

Monday, September 21st 2009, 6:38am

The Dented Flail and Bonebreaker are both decent weps. I got a Bonebreaker in W3 just to test it against my Dented flail of W2. They both seemed about the same except I won a lot more xp fights in w2 when I actually did them.
The trident is trash, so is the Tyrant Axe.

Basically this is how I would upgrade:

Lvl 64: Flaming sword
Lvl 68: Moonblade or Stonesplitter
Lvl 72: Helios Blade
Lvl 78: Bonebreaker or Dented Flail
Lvl 83: Hero Blade
Lvl 92: Martyr Sable
Lvl 95: Pallos
Lvl 100 is optional, but I may wait for the lvl 103 wep.

Based on horses you can do it 1 of 2 ways
If you start out in the new world I would recommend getting a donkey to stay competitive, otherwise wait til lvl 20 and get the einsiedler

Horses:
Lvl 20 Einsiedler
Lvl 40 English Throughbred
Lvl 60 Perche Horse
Lvl 80 Ardennian
Lvl 100 Black Forest Fox

Upgrade every 20 levels. I got battered up and down in W2 for having my Jutlandian at all 150's Falco who has close to the same char stats as me had an ardennian with a little over 50 more stats on the horse and he beat me like I was a little monkey most of the time.

Monday, September 21st 2009, 11:09am

Horses:
Lvl 20 Einsiedler
Lvl 40 English Throughbred
Lvl 60 Perche Horse
Lvl 80 Ardennian
Lvl 100 Black Forest Fox

Upgrade every 20 levels. I got battered up and down in W2 for having my Jutlandian at all 150's Falco who has close to the same char stats as me had an ardennian with a little over 50 more stats on the horse and he beat me like I was a little monkey most of the time.
Actually, I had about 50 on you per stat, or 150 total. That's a huge difference.

And the reason I can afford it is that I don't upgrade as often. Every 20 levels is too fast; by the time you get the horse up to where it should be (unless you overspend drastically), you're already looking to sell it. Over 30 levels, you can gradually raise it until it kicks everyone else's tail for about 15-20 levels, and even in the last 5 levels when other people have upgraded and pulled ahead, you're still reasonably competitive.

Blue Tiger

Professional

Tuesday, September 22nd 2009, 1:07am

What to buy?

If it looks good and everyone else is getting it than buy it.

When to buy?

When everyone is beating you by a bigger margin than they should...( This theory does not work if your name is Buba)
The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.
- George Orwell

Finally left HW... Yay me!! Ill be on the forums from time to time to comment on random stuff

Blue Tiger

Professional

Tuesday, September 22nd 2009, 1:07am

What to buy?

If it looks good and everyone else is getting it than buy it.

When to buy?

When everyone is beating you by a bigger margin than they should...( This theory does not work if your name is Buba)
The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.
- George Orwell

Finally left HW... Yay me!! Ill be on the forums from time to time to comment on random stuff

Noble

Professional

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 1:12am

Full Weapons list

I'm combining the full list of the best weapons based upon the past contributions from falcotron and myself here, also I will update falcotron's list of the weapons past level 100 with the English names and extend it to the current highest level weapon that information is available for.

OK, if you work out each piece of gear's total stat bonuses/penalties (HP beats Agi for ties), at each level, including over-level penalties, here's the most effective gear.

WEAPONS (0-3 levels early)
01-01: butter knife (+1/+0, level 1)
02-02: dagger (+2/+0, level 2)
03-03: short sword (+2/+1, level 3)
04-07: cross sword (+7/+1, level 6)
08-12: fouchard (+12/+0, level 10)
13-15: Highlander sword (+14/+0, level 14)
16-16: war scythe (+17/-2, level 16)
17-18: lance (+19/-2, level 18}
19-24: corrugated sword (+22/+1, level 22)
25-27: snake spear (+24/+1, level 26)
28-33: dragon sword (+29/+1, level 30)
34-35: thresher (+32/-2, level 34)
36-36: battle hammer (+34/-3, level 36) (thanks to Noble again for the correction)
37-37: gladius {+34/+1, level 38}
38-40: peaked beast (+36/+1, level 40)
41-44: blood thumb (+42/+1, level 44)
45-47: warpike (+47/-2, level 46) (thanks to Noble for catching this)
48-48: sickle axe {+47/+0, level 48}
49-50: Scottish sword (+48/+1, level 50)
51-53: Snake Tongue (+52/-1, level 52, premium)
54-55: Talus sword (+52/+1, level 54)
56-56: Hardened Flail (+57/-3, level 56)
57-58: Shimmering Blade (+57/+0, level 58, premium)
59-60: Flambard (+58/+1, level 60)
61-62: Winged Lance (+62/-1, level 62, premium)
63-65: Flaming Sword (+63/+0, level 64)
66-66: Battle Halberd (+66/-2, level 66)
67-70: Stonesplitter (+70/-2, level 68, premium)
71-73: Heliosblade (+71/+0, level 72)
74-74: Tyrant Axe (+75/-3, level 74)
75-79: Dented Flail (+80/-2, level 78, premium)
80-80: Crusher (+79/-1, level 80)
81-84: Hero Blade (+82/+0, level 83, premium)
85-87: Starswinger (+88/-3, level 86)
88-90: Scythe of Death(or Death Sense if you prefer) (+90/-2, level 89)
91-93: Martyr Sabre (+90/+1, level 92, premium)
94-96: Pallos (+94/+0, level 95)
97-97: Dragon's Tongue (+99/-2, level 98}
98-101: Stonebreaker (+104/-3, level 100, premium)
102-104: Blade Flail (+105/-2, level 103)
105-106: Prince Sword (+110/-1, level 106)
107-109: Battle Axe (+110/-1, level 108, premium)
110-112: Watchman's Fouchard (+113/-2, level 111)
113-114: Wreckage Scepter (+115/-1, level 114)
115-118: Thunder Sabre (+117/+1, level 117, premium)
119-121: Magnificent Axe (+121/-1, level 120)
122-123: Skull Wrecker (+125/-2, level 123)
124-126: Caliph Sabre (+124/+2, level 125)
127-129: Tournament Sword {+127/+1, level 128}
130-131: Desert Sabre (+130/+1, level 131)
132-134: Death Hammer (+136/-2, level 133, premium)
135-?: Paladin Lance (+138/-2, level 136)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Noble" (May 13th 2010, 2:13am)

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 5:24am

bump
~ Mod 322 ~

Ozzman

Intermediate

• "Ozzman" has been banned

Monday, January 2nd 2012, 9:34pm

bump indeed,with dead worlds and dead elixir markets,
non tixxing players ought to change weapons every 8 levels AT LEAST

even more when about rest of the equipment-throw gold in your stats

Attention: The last reply to this post was 310 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

And that's why tixxers should pay my premium.

Friday, October 12th 2012, 9:38am

isn't that too many upgrades??
Recruitment Links:
W12EN:
#mce_temp_url#

INT2:
#mce_temp_url#

Friday, October 12th 2012, 11:01am

plus, wouldn't it be better, if you could spend less on upgrades, and more on stats?
and what do you do with the upgrades? like the weapons or helmets and other equipment?
Recruitment Links:
W12EN:
#mce_temp_url#

INT2:
#mce_temp_url#

Noble

Professional

Monday, November 19th 2012, 4:44am

isn't that too many upgrades??
Well, you don't literally have to buy every single item on the list. It's more of a guideline of what is best at specific levels than a list of all the things you should buy.

I, myself, skipped many of the items on that list.

Occupation: What do I do for a living? well, there are several things, but mainly: breathing and eating :D

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 2:26am

Just check on the holy zone. You can see up to level 170-ish gears and horses :D
Please be patient God is not finish with me yet :D

Noble

Professional

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 10:29pm

Just check on the holy zone. You can see up to level 170-ish gears and horses :D
Guess that means I'll have to update the list again.

The information listing available gear didn't go past level 136 when I first worked out the list two years ago.