You are not logged in.

Sunday, January 3rd 2016, 4:43am

GAS, please seriously consider a throwback world

For years, players have wanted a world that is more like the original Holy War that had thousands of active players fighting in the Holy Battle and hundreds in Order Battles. Things went downhill very quick when ticket redemption skyrocketed, literally wiping out hard working players progress overnight.

I truly believe if a world was opened as a retro world of sorts, players would love to be in it. I would suggest some of the things in v2 still be in but mostly revert to v1.

I believe the main features that should be discarded are the following:

• City Battles
  • Large gold for tickets [1k original is fine]
  • 2 hour safety from battles and log in [revert to 1 hour battle safety and no log in safety]
  • Residence healing [I would suggest the flat amount of 50 lp per level, up to 1k per hour. This will make prebattle hits more enjoyable and worth it again]
  • Alter the script a little to not allow a top level player to cause little damage to a lower level player. I believe it was 50% of the max life that a player could take in a single fight, again making prebattle hits worth doing
  • Remove battle fatigue
  • Remove or alter highscore list. most are unattainable, worthless or easily cheated
  • Remove XP cap, or make it 100
  • Remove team arena. I dont think anyone uses it anymore
I know there are other things that worked well back then, I am sure people can suggest other features we dont need or would make a pleasant experience. I humbly ask that a single world be created as the experiment and bring the game back to its original roots where people really liked it. I believe more people would stay active and premium if their hard work kept them at the top. Tixxing really did cause the spiral down to the lack of players staying. If this is something you would seriously consider, this would have to be advertised in every possible avenue. Send mass mails in game, promote on facebook, everything.

I humbly ask that this scenario and world be seriously considered as an international world.

Underground

Intermediate

Sunday, January 3rd 2016, 4:58am

I second this. Get rid of all the worthless garbage that has been added over the years.

Sunday, January 3rd 2016, 4:42pm

I agree with all that Katsuro said and in addition to that I prefer the old method of working and plundering. I always believed the reason they cut back on work pay and plundering xp is because characters were growing so fast but then they invented city battles and the xp started all over again. Personally city battles bore me to tears and I much prefer the old order battles instead. I have always said the script was at it's best when I started in 2009 and I know others felt sooner was even better. I do agree that non prem's should have access to shoutbox and I like being able to leave work. Otherwise bring back the old system!!!!! I swear it will bring many old players back!!!

As it was posted in the German forums #BackToRoots
As WC Fields once said, "It was a woman drove me to drink, and I never stopped to thank her.^^
Mod 575

Sunday, January 3rd 2016, 5:33pm

I agree with all suggestions above.

Sunday, January 3rd 2016, 8:13pm

I am unsure if 8 hour healing should be removed. I know people like it, but if we want to go back to prebattle hits it has to be. I personally would remove it but keep battle healing active. Not only is that ideal for pure mercenaries, but would also be income to fund this world.

Monday, January 4th 2016, 4:21am

Some people had worries about the merger. Merger staying is fine with me. We actually need it because there are so few players anymore. Make for better order battles.
As WC Fields once said, "It was a woman drove me to drink, and I never stopped to thank her.^^
Mod 575

COokie

Intermediate

Monday, January 4th 2016, 8:06am

And what about the workpay we used to have !
now sometimes it's impossible to upgrade a skill with 12 hrs and 12 plunders ,
too many 0/0 plunders :cursing:
the feature of being able to plunder for 50 minutes never added anything since the results are a disaster !

Merge is very good ,that should be continued in some groups smaller than the first ones ,the levels grew together ,
but yes GAS PLEASE do something with our suggestions this time :!:
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm,it's about learning to dance in the rain"

FR2 Kheira
NL3 C0okie

meliadus

Beginner

Tuesday, January 5th 2016, 3:14pm

Yeah I must say i would like it to go back to the way it was myself.

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Wednesday, January 6th 2016, 2:57am

If we do this, let's spend a month or two discussing, voting, and otherwise TRULY getting the will of the people, instead of just firing when it seems like fun. I'm not saying that's been done, but this would have to be a very serious and very considered first attempt. We could probably get a lot of the old-time names to come give things a go again, but if they get a bad taste and leave again, it's unlikely there could be a second chance.

So far this thread is full of ideas I like. Dump work healing/8 hour healing, leave battle healing since it's free money for GAS, Old fight script, old HP damage cap, old work pay/old plunder XP/old ticket XP. Leave off city battles and arenas, keep old holy battles and order battles, these all seem like a good framework.

I tried emailing Falcotron a year or two back, and he never answered, but if this looks like it'll be a real thing, I'll email him again.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

Wednesday, January 6th 2016, 3:22am

If we do this, let's spend a month or two discussing, voting, and otherwise TRULY getting the will of the people, instead of just firing when it seems like fun. I'm not saying that's been done, but this would have to be a very serious and very considered first attempt. We could probably get a lot of the old-time names to come give things a go again, but if they get a bad taste and leave again, it's unlikely there could be a second chance.

So far this thread is full of ideas I like. Dump work healing/8 hour healing, leave battle healing since it's free money for GAS, Old fight script, old HP damage cap, old work pay/old plunder XP/old ticket XP. Leave off city battles and arenas, keep old holy battles and order battles, these all seem like a good framework.

I tried emailing Falcotron a year or two back, and he never answered, but if this looks like it'll be a real thing, I'll email him again.
I talked to massmrdr a few days ago and looked like he may check things out again.

There is alot that would benefit everyone from devs to players that can be mixed in such as most of the market deal, ticket revenue stuff like namechanges, marriages, etc but i truly think the main issues is what you concurred on. Pretty scary when we agree on something lol, but do definitely agree that GAS and the players should try to find common grounds as to what will benefit all

Friday, January 8th 2016, 6:05pm

lol seriously, 4 years after this thread was started and with Game art studio nearly broke you actually think this is going to happen

Friday, January 8th 2016, 10:25pm

lol seriously, 4 years after this thread was started and with Game art studio nearly broke you actually think this is going to happen
The Germans are also pleading for this and rumor has it that GAS is actually considering it

Sunday, January 10th 2016, 2:51am

Not only English or German players are asking GAS for a "classic" world. Also many of the Spanish players.

And many players part of support (Mods and SuperMods) also back up that possibility. We are sure it will be quite interesting and profitable for GAS.

Let's see if it comes through.....

Sunday, January 10th 2016, 3:38am

Not only English or German players are asking GAS for a "classic" world. Also many of the Spanish players.

And many players part of support (Mods and SuperMods) also back up that possibility. We are sure it will be quite interesting and profitable for GAS.

Let's see if it comes through.....
I agree! I think they have an opportunity to get players back into the game and make money at the same time. Many players left due to changes that were made because they preferred the old game play. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Mod 575

Friday, February 12th 2016, 12:35pm

Please do this, this is the most wanted thing by players. But please, make this real, not just words or a promise that will never happen.

I played this game for so many years, and I met so many nice people, so many good memories in this game, and I lost track of everyone because the left with years, and only because the game got passiv/inactive because of the new things that ruin the game (it got a little pay to win, you spend tickets for every aspect of the game and thats not cool)

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 3:31pm

No news? This is so dead..

Sunday, March 19th 2017, 11:59pm

i don't suppose this will happen given how old this thread is.....but i would join a retro world i think it's a good idea.... i think a lot more people would play if they saw that they wouldnt just get passed up by someone who dropped more money on tix than they did...... i think the other details are all secondary to that but i would keep city battles (how much does winning a battle mean if you don't get a meaningful prize?) and i would get rid of the 8 hour work heal.....as it is right now when i sign out i'm hoping i get attacked by higher levels so i can get some xp..... seems like somethings off when you wanna get attacked :P

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 6:54pm

Yes please do a retro world :)
The game has become a monetary competition.... and I understand the need for GAS to make money but it is destroying the true competition of the gaming aspect and enjoyment of competition on a skill based level.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Rate this thread