You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, June 24th 2009, 11:14pm

DWL vs BoW

What is that all about? I thought they were the strongest allies

Thursday, June 25th 2009, 11:57am

I think that it was just an XP battle. A lot of people in W4 want more battles, and this was an easy way to get one without having to raise a lot of gold for mercs first. When fighting a battle costs 50k-100k in mercs, battles don't happen often. When a few battles are free, we have more fights to keep people happy.

In this case, however, the XP fight seemed to backfire when REAPR took the opportunity of two allies being tied up to declare on Ronin half an hour later. Most of the world got drawn into that serious battle, and so DWL-BoW ended up a quiet affair, from what I hear.

The Black Knight

Unregistered

Thursday, June 25th 2009, 4:15pm

The other thing, too, is that it IS a game, after all. Sometimes it's actually fun to attack your friends (and vice versa).

Thursday, June 25th 2009, 5:28pm

Right on both counts. Even though I knew the chances of anyone in BoW reaching 83 before battle were nil, and therefore I wouldn't get any xp, I voted for the battle when our leaders brought it up, because it would be fun, and because it would mean xp for a few dozen of my friends.

And REAPR's attack obviously sucked for us strategically, but still, it was fun going up against BoW with almost no volunteers on either side, just to see what happened.
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

Thursday, June 25th 2009, 11:17pm

I see.. usually (1 year ago lol), people were moaning of too many battles.. now they get a few. Good idea though and thx for explaining

Friday, June 26th 2009, 12:32am

I see.. usually (1 year ago lol), people were moaning of too many battles.. now they get a few.
Yeah, that's the difference between a new world and an old one.

Also, OMs and ACs usually want fewer battles, because that means less work; everyone else wants more battles, because that means more fun. A year ago, there were a few thousand players in hundreds of orders; now, we have hundreds of players in a dozen orders, so most people are followers.

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 9:24am

Also, OMs and ACs usually want fewer battles, because that means less work.
Haha there definitely were some weeks i absolutely hated order battles haha.

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 11:52am

Also, OMs and ACs usually want fewer battles, because that means less work.
Haha there definitely were some weeks i absolutely hated order battles haha.
Well, nobody said you _had_ to declare every 48 hours for a couple weeks straight, then take a short break and do it again.

I remember very early in W4, after we'd all attacked PHD once, the rest of us were in IRC deciding who got to attack them tonight, and working together contacting Ronin and Jas's crew, and wondering where you were--and then you showed up and announced you'd just declared on PHD. HaG might have actually declared a battle for once if you hadn't done that. :P

Friday, July 17th 2009, 12:17am

Haha at first I was going to say we never did it 48 hours, but once I thought about it that might actually be about right. Might have been closer to 72 hours though haha. I didn't say that half of it wasn't my fault, but it still does take its toll after awhile haha.

As far as HaG declaring. After their first battle they decided they didn't want to declare for quite some time if anything, and they stuck to that. I can't fault them for that as aside from their allies they did merc so they were going for profits not personal order glory in victories.

Friday, July 17th 2009, 3:26am

Haha at first I was going to say we never did it 48 hours, but once I thought about it that might actually be about right. Might have been closer to 72 hours though haha. I didn't say that half of it wasn't my fault, but it still does take its toll after awhile haha.

As far as HaG declaring. After their first battle they decided they didn't want to declare for quite some time if anything, and they stuck to that. I can't fault them for that as aside from their allies they did merc so they were going for profits not personal order glory in victories.
I think this was going to be their first battle. I can't remember who they eventually ended up declaring on instead, but they waited at least a week, and they did it without coming into the channel to discuss it with us in advance.

I do remember that their second battle was against GHL. The impression I got is that it was mainly because they were sick of waiting for the repeatedly-postponed attack on GHL that AoM had prebooked them for weeks earlier, although I'm sure Olympia's anti-pagan and anti-merc rants didn't go over too well either.

And I think that was their last attack every. Although they've been attacked a bunch of times since Sid left.