You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "falcotron" started this thread

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 10:44pm

#1/#5 (level 130) W1 account sold

If they roll things back to before the update, I will not be selling. Or, if they have some other solution that makes sense that I haven't thought out, I probably won't be. But if they do nothing, I will. However, the admins told the mods, "I don't know what to tell anyone either. I very much doubt there will be a rollback." So, that's that.

For me, the game is pointless. I'm not going to spend another 8 months or more for time to normalize things so we can get back to a competition that's worth competing in, and that's all the game is for me. But a lot of people enjoy other things about the game--getting to new levels for the sake of all that cool shiny gear, or beating up their enemies, or the thrill of gambling high-level wages, or, hell, I don't know. So, someone else could have a lot more fun with my account than me, and what better reason is there for selling?

As of reset 21Apr:
#1 in total stats by a margin of 74. (People still don't put enough into their horses--but they're learning, and a lot of people will be buying new horses soon...)
#5 in level, about 1-1/2 levels behind the top 2 and close behind the next 2, 2 full levels ahead of #6, and 15 levels ahead of most of the world.
#1 in merc rating, #1 in victories, #5 in defeats, #8 in booty (for whatever that matters--I haven't hauled for well over 18 months).
Level: 130
Stats: STR 256 / ATT 258 / DEF 247 / AGI 259 / STA 260
Total: STR 256 / ATT 534 / DEF 664 / AGI 259 / STA 534
(pretty terrible for a 130, but very good for the 115 I should be--and this is before the benefit of those higher wages)
L0 Fists (+0/-0), L107 Captain's Shield (+29/-0/-0), L110 Tyrant Armour (+102/-0/-0), L110 Skeleton Helm (+36/-0/-0).
L110 Knight's Steed 276/250/274.
About 110K in pots, 33K in level bonuses, and 2K in order bank saved up for a new weapon (560K, which means just over 3 days left to save up).
Premium until 5 May 2010 08:09, Battle Healing until 5 May 2010 22:29, 6 unused tix.
You must change the name.

The account has a bunch of semi-active recruits, so you get a bit of free gold and maybe even some free premium.

You can post bids here, or PM me in W1 or W4. Please let me know if you want the bid to be anonymous, or one of those secret eBay-style automatic bids where you go $5 over the last bid until it matches your target, or whatever.

Opening bid is $100, buy-it-now price is $1000. I haven't decided on an ending date yet.

If I don't find a buyer, maybe I'll give the account away, but more likely I'll just abandon it as a tombstone.

I would prefer cash via PayPal. Anything else that's just as easy for me to use as cash, fine. A PaySafe card or something else that I can only use for TG/AIW tickets may or may not be accepted (I have to decide if I'm going to quit those games as well), but in any case counts as only 60% of its face value.
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "falcotron" (Apr 28th 2010, 4:45am)

Dradaki

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 11:18pm

you gained 25 levels last night? lol

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 11:22pm

No, only 15. I was 115 before the update, and 130 now.

I think the biggest gain in any world was 19 levels, from 113 to 132, but I could be wrong about that.

Mizer

Intermediate

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 1:02am

Damn, the Team Arena did that then? Holy hell, that would be some way to catch up quickly....
RIP Mizer....

Avi says it all, I am an Official God
:thumbup:

Retired from HW, I only participate in the forums from time to time.

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 2:17am

Damn, the Team Arena did that then? Holy hell, that would be some way to catch up quickly....
Except that pretty much all of the people who started out more than a couple levels behind who used the Team Arena didn't use it nearly as effectively and got a lot less xp than those of us in the top 2 or 3 levels.

The funniest thing is that the player who's now #1 was actually being sat for a good chunk of the night.

Dradaki

Unregistered

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 2:23am

Ah I got confused when you said your stats are good for the lvl 105 you should be

Quoted

(pretty terrible for a 130, but very good for the 105 I should be--and this is before the benefit of those higher wages)

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 3:14am

Ah I got confused when you said your stats are good for the lvl 105 you should be
Thanks; fixed.

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 12:25pm

Update: struck the "possibly", because: "I don't know what to tell anyone either. I very much doubt there will be a rollback."

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 3:12pm

Agreed falco, and every day they don't i think it becomes much more likely that they will not roll back the game. Very surprised at their reaction.

One question that im not sure anyone knows, could the hang up be that if they reset the EN worlds they would also need to reset all worlds? And maybe they are not willing to do that,

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 4:02pm

One question that im not sure anyone knows, could the hang up be that if they reset the EN worlds they would also need to reset all worlds? And maybe they are not willing to do that,
Good point, although probably not the best place to ask if you want a definite answer.

I seem to remember that a few months ago, one world got corrupted, and they were forced to revert just that world.

And even more recently, another world... I think W7... lost half an hour because there was some kind of fault warning on the database server, so they restored a 30-minute-old backup to a new server, shut down the old one, and brought up the new one (all without telling anyone in advance, or even after the fact; I remember Demon Stabber having some snide remarks about how hard the ops people were working to make his job more fun).

So, unless those were special cases of some kind, I assume they could do all the English worlds without affecting any other languages. But I'm not positive.

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 4:43pm

Falco, i was asking on another thread, but i think a big point that is missing is the differance in pay raise from level 115 to level 130. could you happen to figure out the payraise differance and let us know. if level 130's are making 15k+ more then everyone else, you could make a point that for the next 6-8 months they would be using 1 ticket a day for cash. totalling which would be about 20-12 packs or roughly 1,000 american dollars
(now over 35 accounts deleted from level 112 - 89 - 15) want to sell for deletion? talk to me ;)

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 6:19pm

Falco, i was asking on another thread, but i think a big point that is missing is the differance in pay raise from level 115 to level 130. could you happen to figure out the payraise differance and let us know. if level 130's are making 15k+ more then everyone else, you could make a point that for the next 6-8 months they would be using 1 ticket a day for cash. totalling which would be about 20-12 packs or roughly 1,000 american dollars
Well, you can make any point you want, but I think that's a silly point. You can't just equate gold to tix. That's like saying that anyone who works for 8 hours up to a battle instead of going to camp is using 4 tix.

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 7:15pm

ok well not that it matters anymore, but from my math, it is possible to make 6 million more gold then someone who did not exploit the bug. which is about 400 tickets and 2k american dollars. but you are right it is not like tixxing cuase tixxing was an option that was introduced and this is a bug that people exploited
(now over 35 accounts deleted from level 112 - 89 - 15) want to sell for deletion? talk to me ;)

libertarian

Unregistered

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 7:17pm

While you're at it, calculate up all the "tickets" i had to use to buy elixir to heal up after all of the battles that the multi-accounters joined in against our order back in the day before battle healing... and then all the gold I lost donating to my order after battle healing was introduced when just anybody and everybody would attack with no intention of winning, but just to get XP at the cost of zero life.

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 7:25pm

Sorry Lib, cant do that, but you very easily could have, I can tell you my tavern winning percentage and my overall winning haul trough W1-W10 before i did the mass delete. I can also tell you the percentage of wins i had again certain tixxers in battle vs. Regular fights. I can also tell you the cost i had on xp hunting in W2 to get close to the top for 2 of the charaters i played there.

but from the sounds of it you are trying to compare what you did to a multi accounter. you purpously exploited a bug. they purpously cheated. so who is better? not sure mate, that is not up for me to decide

libertarian

Unregistered

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 7:35pm

Sorry Lib, cant do that, but you very easily could have, I can tell you my tavern winning percentage and my overall winning haul trough W1-W10 before i did the mass delete. I can also tell you the percentage of wins i had again certain tixxers in battle vs. Regular fights. I can also tell you the cost i had on xp hunting in W2 to get close to the top for 2 of the charaters i played there.

but from the sounds of it you are trying to compare what you did to a multi accounter. you purpously exploited a bug. they purpously cheated. so who is better? not sure mate, that is not up for me to decide

I reported the bug during business hours... They didn't do anything before their day ended. Two hours later, I purposely exploited that bug that they didn't do anything about. Not even a "Yeah, we see your point", it will be fixed soon. I am getting punished and deservedly so. The multi-accounters did not get punished. If you want to take what I did as a violation of the rules, fine... I don't agree with it, but I'll accept it. We know for a FACT that what they did was a violation of the rules and it continued, and continued, and continued with numerous bits of evidence reported with nothing being done. To say that what people did with this exploit is more onerous? I don't think so. At least with this, we purposely made it clear that things were broke and a fix would have to be applied and nothing other than a complete roll-back would be a fix. The fact they refuse to do a complete roll-back dumbfounds me.

Friday, April 23rd 2010, 8:04pm

Edit: Opening bid lowered to $100.

If you're interested in the #3 account in Tagoria W1 or the #5 account in AI-War W1, PM me, reply here, or wait for me to post on the account exchange sections of the TG and AI forums.

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 4:44am

I've now got a bid that's good enough, from someone who says he doesn't care what the sanctions end up being (whenever they happen).

So, unless he falls through, the bidding is over.