You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Letheus

Trainee

• "Letheus" started this thread

Occupation: Loud Mouth Self-Opinionated Pagan(According to Hamal Shook-up of W7)

Tuesday, August 10th 2010, 10:14pm

Stop/limit Xp Battles!!!!

XP battles on a constant basis will do nothing but kill w10 faster. This was the case in w2 and this will be the case in any world that follows the same practices. XP battles maybe 1-2 times a week are acceptable, but for these newer worlds it is unhealthy. Does anyone else agree with these statements?

Ranock_Ironfist

Intermediate

Wednesday, August 11th 2010, 3:51am

So more battles is killing the world? Seems counter intuitive. Better exp battles then none at all.

erialc

Intermediate

Wednesday, August 11th 2010, 2:40pm

I disagree with you Leth, any kind of battle is good...
W2 contrarian (non-premium) ~ W3 contra (non-premium)~ W4 contra aka erialc (non-premium) ~ W5 Yasmine - Sold ~ W6 contrarian (OM) Dragon Warriors ~ W8 Holy PIA (non-premium) (OM) Because We Can

Letheus

Trainee

Occupation: Loud Mouth Self-Opinionated Pagan(According to Hamal Shook-up of W7)

Wednesday, August 11th 2010, 4:17pm

I am saying this. If there are ONLY xp battles and no regular battles then it'll take the fun out of the world....xp battles help you lvl faster but there's no competitiveness....:(

GoldenWings

Beginner

Wednesday, August 11th 2010, 10:41pm

I disagree XP battles are great love them expecially when i get xp hero :D not many competitive battles but people still get something out of it + Lack of xp battles makes leveling slower and 700+ xp with no xp battles for me is a hell of a long time :P

Ranock_Ironfist

Intermediate

Thursday, August 12th 2010, 12:21am

I am saying this. If there are ONLY xp battles and no regular battles then it'll take the fun out of the world....xp battles help you lvl faster but there's no competitiveness....:(
This is a symptom, not a cause. Cure the disease, fix your problem. Bandaging up a symptom because you don't like it rarely alleviates the problem. it just makes people upset when it hurts them, or comes back again later in another form. To truly stop the symptoms from occurring you have to cure the disease that causes the carcass to rot. There is a reason Hegel said, "God is dead."

People don't want to do regular battles in older worlds because there is no point.
1. There is no point to winning/losing with battle healing
2. It costs lots of gold to hire tons of mercs for the win, so they can't battle every day.
a. You could cut down on mercs by making it non profitable for bad players to merc by cutting battle healing
b. You could cut down on merc orders when merc orders get attacked and actually lose something if not for battle healing.
3. People jump in randomly for exp and don't use any strategy other than to join the side with most exp on the other side because of battle healing.

I think you get the point.

Letheus

Trainee

Thursday, August 12th 2010, 12:28am

Ran....I really like your idea of a throwback world:( Without BH and tixxing and all of that other stuff life was MUCH simpler:(