You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, November 6th 2010, 4:32am

A question

Would anybody be interested in joining an order that actually acted like and took on the attitudes of a culture, be it Christian, Saracen or Pagan. Not just a funny name and playing it for a goof, but playing it like you were actually a warrior from that culture. I mean going back to world 1 old school style. I might be getting back into HW after a long, long break but I want to find out if people are serious about this game or not. Please give me your feedback and let me know what you think.

Ozzman

Intermediate

• "Ozzman" has been banned

Saturday, November 6th 2010, 7:17am

if you don't get e-married,you don't know how to play,

I don't know what you were doing in w1,after w9 e-marriage is a must,who cares about orders and battles
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

And that's why tixxers should pay my premium.

itsjustme

Professional

Saturday, November 6th 2010, 11:57am

I don't think to that extreme Kurvain, there are some that run their order seriously but not like it used to be when battling against each other. Ozz, you're just pissed that noone has proposed to you yet :P 8)
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Ozzman

Intermediate

Saturday, November 6th 2010, 1:13pm

oh yes,there still are those who make orders to win,share cows,
go to camp early for the others to have camp lists and donate MAX every day to pay the tixxers,

I think they're morons-including me-

why even bother when you can have e-love and marriage on sb for 24 freaking hours
because some ppl think because they're TYPING they can go on ranting about how much they Loooooove their e-husband and/or wife
and place him/her over the order they're in,because only death will do them apart 8| 8| 8| 8|

and who is going to fight eh? ?( X( and I don't mean the xp orders,I mean the orders that fight to WIN in the Freaking GAME
Jerr,I have it on my profile all the time :( had some proposals in w8 but nothing since... ;( ;( :D
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

itsjustme

Professional

Saturday, November 6th 2010, 4:57pm

Jerr,I have it on my profile all the time :( had some proposals in w8 but nothing since... ;( ;( :D
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Once they got to know you they stopped sending??? 8o :S :P ;)

OK, moving on now...

fatrobin

Intermediate

Saturday, November 6th 2010, 7:34pm

has not been e-married... no matter how many joke offers has been sent (to me and from me :S) does that make me a noob?
Campaigner for Zombie Rights

Not a Professional cow... just consistently lazy

yabba333

Beginner

Saturday, November 6th 2010, 7:44pm

sorry but to rub it into you all :D is happily married in W10 and W11 :P :D

and i run BcW in W11 as a proper order should be run, old school W1 since i am old school from w1 :D

Ozzman

Intermediate

Saturday, November 6th 2010, 10:02pm

yabba,someone makes money from e-marriage,even if 100 ppl posted
"cancel the e-marriage",
nothing would be done,
I have never said to cancel it-it would be better though-

furthermore,because I also happen to know w10-11...your "idea" of HW e-marriage is something that doesn't annoy me,

and of course NOT

what I post in the 2nd paragraph of my previous post

*spams to the 100 post*l

edit:Jerr,all the others are the good guys,and I'm the bad AND the ugly :D

itsjustme

Professional

Saturday, November 6th 2010, 11:27pm

wishes I could post a sound file :whistling: Cue the Clint Eastwood music 8)

OK, moving on now...

Saturday, November 6th 2010, 11:48pm

I am not sure yet if I will get bck into HW or not. I liked it when I played three years ago but it doesn't look like much has changed. I am already real married so "e-marriage" has no appeal to me. What advantages does it give you in game? Why is it such a big deal.

Saturday, November 6th 2010, 11:54pm

yabba333 I checked out your order in world 11, it looks a whole lot like the order I helped run Defenders of the Faith (DoF) I would not be opposed to playing another religion as long as it could be run with some likeness to the real thing. When is world 12 going to start? For now I guess I will continue playing Tagoria and wait to see what happens.

Ozzman

Intermediate

Sunday, November 7th 2010, 12:33am

I am already real married so "e-marriage" has no appeal to me. What advantages does it give you in game? Why is it such a big deal.

umm....no advantages,and definitely not a big deal,at least not so big to spend hours typing knuddels on sb,
as it happens most of the time in the last 2 worlds that have been launched...-w10 account is retired-

if you stopped playing b4 w8,then you have missed battle healing,never ending xp in the arena and other beautiful things.
anyways,my opinion is that ppl who play "old school" way try the newer worlds,but they're getting fed up very quickly

note:I am not "old school" X( :wacko: 8|

Sunday, November 7th 2010, 12:48am

I will have to read the forums and the faq's again. It appears I have a lot of catching up to do, thanks

Caradoc

Trainee

Tuesday, November 16th 2010, 10:10am

I would like to play Saracen again, because I'm one of those root-for-the-underdog types. This is just a game, so you don't have to BE the faith you choose for your character, yet most people choose Christian because that's what they identify with in RL. If I could, I would make the sides more even. Then the real battle would be getting the Pagans to fight for you because they could choose either side and not feel obligated to choose the Saracen side just because they're so outnumbered.

Anyway, the point is, I run my order to win against the opposite faith. Usually, my Pagan accounts end up in merc orders, but, like I said, we end up mostly fighting against Christians because they so outnumber the other side.

I want to play a Christian account once, but it's so unbalanced, I feel it's not fair to make it more uneven.
w2=Caradoc [Pagan] w5=Lord Kerak [TUA] w8=Little Sin [SOULS] w9=Sinbad [Arabs] w10=Caradoc [CLUB] w11=Nevyn [OTIS] w12=Sinbad [FAT] INT1=Caradoc [HPC]

HW:?: 2 words.... X P

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 7:23pm

I would not have a problem with playing any side. I would just like to find like minded people that want a little (and I mean very little) roleplaying. Acting as the character would if it was RL. If anybody is interestd in running an order like that let me hear from you. If I can find like minded players I would come back as a premium member and we could run this right. I would primarily be interested in a group of premium members but non-premiums would be welcome as well. I just don't want to run a merc order, I do that in other games already and I am looking for something else.