You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 2:25pm

HW Game Mechanics - What annoys you most

Apart from the Big 3
  • The 0/0 plunder/protect
  • Losing to lower level/weaker opponents (the random factor)
  • Dying worlds
What other aspects of the game mechanics annoys you or you wish you could change?

Please note: If this degrades into a slagging match or a fight the thread will be closed. Try to be objective and direct. It's a genuine attempt to collate peoples feelings about the way the game works.

janjan

Trainee

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 2:42pm

1. amount of wages... compared to the price of equipment. selling enough pots to buy a 660,000 weapon in a dead world is hard :(

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 2:48pm

Main things for me are

1) A game map for each world. Let the battles mean something and have a real benefit to orders and faith.

2) Order possibilites. Something to do other than 'nothing' in an order

3) Something like GW where only allies and mercs can fight in battles. Makes alliances mean a bit more then and stops tixxers from spoiling battles for xp.

freya

Unregistered

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 3:21pm

end emarriages

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 4:33pm

If the "random factor" for wins and losses is a good thing, why is there not a similar "random factor" for higher level players to get some XP? It's all stacked against the higher level players. I go into battles win most fights but never get any XP?
It's one of the reasons I'm leaving this game when my Premium runs out!

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 5:08pm

Id like to see.

1.Wages increased or equipment prices dropped (or both) :thumbsup:

2.Get Rid of 8hr healing and make pre hitting worth doing again.

3.The same 3 as Eusibius said :thumbup:

Id still like to see summing so i can take my character from its dying world into a more lively one id pay a ticket to move 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 6:27pm

I would like to see the plunders reap more riches such as equipments,horse stats,and player stats. Getting equipment in your plunders can help in upgrading your equipment..We need help when you get to the higher level.

I would like to see world maps,so it would be fun to have an order again...not to much fun in the old worlds being in an order. We need a challenge. Something for the older players that have hung around and still paying prem.

I would like to see the price to be prem. go down and leave the reg price for ticket to get gold.

I would like to see the equipment that is sold back to the Blacksmith go up on an auction block for all players to bid on...one open market for all worlds...

Hardrada

Trainee

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 7:23pm

What annoys me most........

1) Tixing for gold or XP, I accept that its a financial earner, but how about showing to the world on thier profile how many tix have been converted to gold/extra plunders so at least they cant claim "I was lucky in the Tavern"

2) Not having a cross world market, even if it were just for Lix's - come on HW that cant be too hard a tweak and it would give dying worlds a boost

3) Not being able to look in the "shop windows" whilst I am at work (fairy nuff I cant buy, but let me look!!!!!)

Things that puzzle me the most
1) How, when I work as a tailor (hence presumably using a cotton and thread) I can do it in full armour on horseback!! - pfffft who said men cant multi-task
2) Buba the Great
3) Why so little has been done to bring more variety to the game....

meliadus

Beginner

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 8:17pm

I would like to see the SB opened up to non premium I think this would help revitilise a few of the older worlds.

I would like to see a world wide market for equipment and pots.

Also what would be nice would be a reward for long time players, such as a an extra plunder/protect, per year.

Buba the Great

Professional

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 9:03pm

Battle healing needs to go!! Go back to where choosing a side or fighting in a battle means something.

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 10:01pm

I agree with Buba, battle healing needs to go...battles are only for XP now, while before there were order rivalries that made the battles worth more than just how much XP you could manage. Also as much as the 8 hours of work heals you, think that should go as well.

freya

Unregistered

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 11:00pm

I agree with Buba, battle healing needs to go...battles are only for XP now, while before there were order rivalries that made the battles worth more than just how much XP you could manage. Also as much as the 8 hours of work heals you, think that should go as well.
Battle healing needs to go!! Go back to where choosing a side or fighting in a battle means something.
:thumbsup: totaly agree

Friday, July 1st 2011, 12:56am

Battle heal and 8 hour heal would only work if they drop tixxing.

Having to heal back up and lose that gold as well as have 100-200 less stats would make more players leave. By giving us control back orders would have to hire tixxers thus limit their involvement in the game.

freya

Unregistered

Friday, July 1st 2011, 1:49am

it might be utopic, but a non tixxing world would be nice. test people's skill instead of their wallet

Buba the Great

Professional

Friday, July 1st 2011, 2:14am

Having to heal back up and lose that gold as well as have 100-200 less stats would make more players leave. By giving us control back orders would have to hire tixxers thus limit their involvement in the game.

I totally disagree with Euse!! But only because he is Euse.

brianfoxy

Intermediate

Friday, July 1st 2011, 2:38am

1) Make order battles something. Instead of getting a victory or defeat in your order's profile, you should get something else. I'm not sure what but maybe every victory= X100g per day or something to make it fun and worthwhile. So if you had 10 victories that= 1000g extra perday. Worlds get boring fast with no battles...

2) Like others said, battle healing has to go...

3) Like others said, lower prices on higher level items.

4) This one is hard to explain but; do you know when you can view items that are higher then your level, for higher levels it is hard to plan out, you need to be able to see more higher level items. I use the holyzone to plan out but others do not know about it.

5) IP, sharing bugs me. I don't get why 3 accounts need to playing under one IP in the same world. It should be one account with the same IP or one of the accounts gets banned. I think that is considered "multi accounting" and it isn't fair to players that are using only one account.

6) Residence hourly LP's regeneration needs to be a lot higher I think.

7) You guys need to advertise more to get new and more players into worlds. Getting "No opponet found" every time you hit search ticks me off and I'm sure it does with other players to.

8) Davie, the 3 you said would help.

9) No more buying plunders/ defends. That really killed W12 fast I think and how there is a huge gap between levels.

10) Gifts to people that are in the Hall of Fame and who hold the #1 spot in XP, Booty, Victories exc... Maybe 30 days free prem for people that hold the #1 spot in each to be more competitive to get to the top.

11) World market, like others said. Increase the tax price for the world market and you should only be able to buy items 4 levels ahead of you.

12) I like the ideas of the Knights Tournaments exc.. but would be interesting if there was another tournament that was just for that world instead of having every world in it.

Hope these help Davie ^^

Brian.

-Day I left HW, for good!

Never looking back!!!!

Take care all.

....... DONE ......

Walking away an accomplished man ;)

Friday, July 1st 2011, 5:59am

Well pretty much all my complaints have been covered above but one thing that has bugged me for a long time is not being able to quickly message allies like we can do to the order, friends or TA members.
EN1: Gorth Ironhide OM [SOA] SWORDS OF ARMAGEDDON
IN1: Gorth Ironhide
DE1: Gorth Ironhide

Jynxx

Beginner

Friday, July 1st 2011, 6:20am

1. Make SB available to non-Premium players, with the minute delay between posts, but drop the wait period to 20 or 30 seconds for premium players. More people would stick around, and then buy premium for other benefits. Like it or not, people generally are social creatures, and it would be a good way to keep people in game.

2. Either raise wages again, drop equipment prices, or set plunders so that you can also 'find' weapons, armor, etc. Those items could then be used to replace your own (if they are a relevant level) or sold to compensate for the lower work pay.

3. Drop amount of gold pay out from tickets. GaS still gets it's ticket sales, but the gap between tixxers, premium non-tixxers, and non-premium players would be tightened a bit.. Thus keeping around people who are frustrated by such potentially vast advantages.

4. For the love of crisco, please create a 'reply to all' function for the message system. An ally section in the contact list would also be a good idea.
-: [Sometimes, I feel like I should go and play with the thunder] :-

-:Go and boil your bottoms you sons of silly persons!:-

-:I *warned* you, but did
you listen to me? Oh, no, you
*knew*, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little *bunny*, isn't it?:-

W7 - Azami
W12 - Mizuki

Friday, July 1st 2011, 8:57am

Ok i like most of Brians comments except the IP shareing 1*thumbs down*

Myself and my partner play from the same ip and we are not multi,s

fatrobin

Intermediate

Friday, July 1st 2011, 3:57pm

my least fav game mechanic is having to put money to not be too noncompetitive (the premium vs non-premium gap)
Campaigner for Zombie Rights

Not a Professional cow... just consistently lazy

Monday, July 4th 2011, 9:27am

I totally disagree with Euse!! But only because he is Euse.

Buba!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you had quit :whistling:

Monday, July 4th 2011, 9:32am

I'm going to close this thread now.

Thanks for all of the submissions. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: