You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

GriffKhan

Beginner

• "GriffKhan" started this thread

Friday, July 1st 2011, 3:45pm

Merc. Tickets

With as many players now opting to just merc. in the game, the need for a merc. only ticket is needed. It could be worth a set amount of gold.
and cost $1. It could not be used for premium or battle healing.
This would make being a Merc only player still viable and would also bring back more battle orders and pump life back into having large battles.
With Merc. only tickets orders could pay their Mercs with tickets instead of using order gold letting member keep their gold and lessen the burden some feel they have in joining an order...
Of course Reg.tickets could still be used, no way to stop that, but it would give orders more options.
Because they way it stands now a small (6 or 7 members) order will be attacked before it could gather the amount of gold it takes to hire the Mercs that is needed to have a chance of winning any battle there for making starting an order and keeping it going in the smaller populated worlds we now play in a lot more viable.
This could work, orders already spend 5,10 15 dollars in tickets to secure the services of top Mercs for several battles, but they control the battles. If you do not have one,two or three of them then you really are not giving your order a chance of winning and getting the exp. that makes having battles worth it. With Merc. tickets small orders can buy the Merc tickets and be in the running to make deals with Mercs and have much better battles.
I feel there is a good idea in here somewhere.
Just an Idea to get things back to the way they use to be, where being in an order and having battles was the most fun about this game, now it is just chasing exp and being friends....This Is WAR people, lets get back to that.
Never Say Die :thumbup:

Friday, July 1st 2011, 4:13pm

I am curious to know, if the cheaper merc tickets could not be exchanged for premium or battle healing, what makes you think mercs would want them?

If they can only be exchanged for gold then why not just give your mercs gold by hiring them through the normal merc system? At least you get that back if they are not ready for battle.

Mercs have always wanted tickets, even sincce the days of HW1 when tickets were worth a fixed 1k but they usually used them for premium.

If you could buy fixed gold tickets specifically for mercs that would encourage more people to play HW with their credit cards.

GriffKhan

Beginner

Friday, July 1st 2011, 5:05pm

I was just thinking a ticket for a fixed amount and cheaper price would give orders more options to hire mercs, and you would still have the reg. tickets, but spending $6 dollars for a merc, is high. Even if you get them for several battles it still comes out to $1 a battle, some more...this way you could hire a merc for one battle and it not cost the player such a high amount all at once...I am just thinking if players had more options it would help with having more battles that were not decided before they even start....

You will always have players playing with their credit cards....

And later when the a new world evens out some by not having the large tixxer when levels get high and so does buying stats, it would be much cheaper to buy your mercs, you are going to have players buying reg. tickets for merc contracts anyway, but with this idea you would have players that would have a better chance of hiring a good merc that with out a lot of gold would not be in the battle.
I was thinking of this in terms of small 6 or 7 player orders that takes a week or more at max donation to even get enough gold to hire ave. mercs.....

GriffKhan

Beginner

Friday, July 1st 2011, 5:07pm

I am curious to know, if the cheaper merc tickets could not be exchanged for premium or battle healing, what makes you think mercs would want them?

most mercs fught for gold, and you could pay them, without it taking weeks to save the gold in the order.

Friday, July 1st 2011, 5:29pm

But the order donation sytem is a part of the game that is still unaffected by tix. Orders have to get memebers and encourage them to donate to be able to fight battles. I'm very surprised that you would want orders to be able to use the power of the credit card to win battles. I'm sorry but I don't agree that this would be a good thing.

GriffKhan

Beginner

Friday, July 1st 2011, 5:58pm

I get your point about not wanting money to influence the game, but it already does more than ever, so we all might as well have a shot at getting in on it at a cheaper price.

I would like to have tickets for Premium and healing only, but no way would that ever happen....lol

Caradoc

Trainee

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 8:41am

I think there should be 2 types of tix:

1 = regular price | Good for 30 days prem, 30 days BH, gold (prefer this taken out, but we know how that is)

other = 1/2 price or less | Good for Name Change, Faith Change, 30 minutes plunders

Both should be transferable. Possibly have the 2nd type be good for 1 week prem or BH. This should generate additional revenue by giving customers more options for less cash. The cheaper price is a smaller commitment and people are more likely to part with a few dollars (or pounds :D)
w2=Caradoc [Pagan] w5=Lord Kerak [TUA] w8=Little Sin [SOULS] w9=Sinbad [Arabs] w10=Caradoc [CLUB] w11=Nevyn [OTIS] w12=Sinbad [FAT] INT1=Caradoc [HPC]

HW:?: 2 words.... X P

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 11:15pm

Yes I think tix for gold or 30 day premium should cost more than tix nor faith change,name change or plunder time and battle healing, but I think you should be able to get tix that are worth Less for example week trial's premium or half the amount of gold you normally get this would help if you were a small amount off buying a weapon then there is a way to get the gold you need with out wasting all your real life money (just some of it) if you were going to pay mercs tickets how many tix would you pay an average player compared to the strongest players if there was tix worth less you could offer the best mercs 30 day premium or tix worth more gold and weaker mercs week premiums or lower amounts of gold

Monday, July 25th 2011, 7:12pm

Just found the right thread lol

Just read the Merc debate again and just wondered if Mercs could become a sub category of all 3 faiths, ie, choose faith Christian (or any faith), then at a certain level eg 25, one might pay a ticket to become a Christian (or any faith), dedicated merc.
Once a merc has confirmed (1 ticket) their choice, then, when hired, half the hire fee would go directly to the order whilst the merc retains the remaining half. Meanwhile the "Merc Order" could then be legitimised in HW, with certain bonuses to Order res and maybe armour, weaponry and horses.
Now, those that think merc-ing could be the way to get better equipment, could be put off by the fact that as a merc (and to become just an "ordinary" warrior again, guess what, another tix ) your equipment can only be sold to another ticketed merc, or back to the blacksmith at a severly reduced rate compared to a "straight" Christian warrior.
The same kind of idea could be put to the "Merc Order residence", OM's would have to pay a ticket to set a Merc Order up. better defence bonuses or enhanced offence bonuses, maybe cheaper build but the order would be limited in numbers and/or unable to declare unless its against another legitimate merc order. Or even forbid it allies? Unless of course both OM's pay a ticket to become allies?
Just an idea and a rough one at that. I know it may entail a little effort from the developers but maybe it would add a little to the game dynamics? Anyway, as I said, its a rough idea
There comes a point... :cursing:

GriffKhan

Beginner

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 5:42pm

The Pagans are the mercs according to the Game theme. So a sub faith for mercs would be redundant.

I like the separation of Tix prices. To change you name or faith should not cost the same as premium tix...

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Friday, August 12th 2011, 2:37am

TO answer your Question Davie. I for one would use them for Prem only. It is an honest way to make a living. I know several that do as well
When Life hands you Lemons grab the Tequila :D
W3-- Ban Hammer Gnome - TC
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
IN3 - Ban Hammer Gnome -- IPC
IN4 --Ban Hammer Gnome- SOUL
I am not addicted 8o I swear I ain't :S
MOD -618

Rate this thread