You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 1:43am

IP sharing

i would like some changes

1. ip sharing is only allowed between 2 people on the same world and has to be said to the support team...maybe has the support team to do a list then..
the same when hw people visit each other on vacation or else... i find it unacceptable that i have to write parts of my private life into my profile
second reason is to work against multis

2. forbide using proxylinks

3. pw sitting should get punished with deleting both accs directly

thx for attention ....same thread exists in german

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 12:45pm

What if there are more than two people on your ip it wouldn't matter if you were only allowed two players per ip address it wouldn't stop "multi accounting"

Caradoc

Trainee

Monday, July 25th 2011, 1:38pm

I don't think it is worth worrying about. There are so few people who visit each other, there is no completely fair way to deal with this.

You don't have to explain why you are sharing IP, only that you do. Some people like to exhibit their relationships or whatever, but the rules do not require it. In fact, it's recommended you post it for other players to see. HWT does not check it. It will not save you from being disciplined for infractions.
w2=Caradoc [Pagan] w5=Lord Kerak [TUA] w8=Little Sin [SOULS] w9=Sinbad [Arabs] w10=Caradoc [CLUB] w11=Nevyn [OTIS] w12=Sinbad [FAT] INT1=Caradoc [HPC]

HW:?: 2 words.... X P

Monday, July 25th 2011, 3:23pm

HWT does not check it. It will not save you from being disciplined for infractions.

Yes they do, and yes it will! (as long as that infraction is IP sharing)

If I am investigating an alleged farm the first place I look is on the profile.

A simple, I share an IP with xxx is sufficient to stay within the rules. You don't have to say where or when or how. There should be no details on your profile that should allude to your personal info.
You don't need any more details than that. If we need to know more we will contact you.

Hardrada

Trainee

Monday, July 25th 2011, 6:54pm

HWT does not check it. It will not save you from being disciplined for infractions.

If we need to know more we will contact you.

:whistling: daviemarks.... supersleuth......

:cursing: you'll get nothing out of me

Monday, July 25th 2011, 7:31pm

you'll get nothing out of me

We mods are trained in 14 forms of interrogation. If I want you to talk... you'll talk. 8)

itsjustme

Professional

Monday, July 25th 2011, 10:31pm

Quoted from "Caradoc"

A simple, I share an IP with xxx is sufficient to stay within the rules. You don't have to say where or when or how. There should be no details on your profile that should allude to your personal info.
You don't need any more details than that. If we need to know more we will contact you.

So if I put on my and my farms profile that we share IP's I'm good to go? regardless if we are the same person or not ?(
sounds about right from my recollection over the years 8)
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Monday, July 25th 2011, 10:39pm

If you farm an account, it doesn't matter if it's on your profile or not, you will be caught.

If you are legitimately sharing an IP (and it's on your profile) there's nothing to worry about.

fatrobin

Intermediate

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 2:20pm

i thought there were rules stating that you couldn't attack same IP accounts... let alone farm them... but then again i have not looked at the rules in years O_o

also i thought there were only 12 forms of interrogation, with 13 being torture... so does that make 14 the comfy chair?
Campaigner for Zombie Rights

Not a Professional cow... just consistently lazy

janjan

Trainee

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 3:45pm

nope 14 is a special technique designed especially for use on fatrobin.

I am sure DM will be only too happy to demonstrate it for you.. if you ask nicely :thumbup:

fatrobin

Intermediate

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 8:52pm

i don't need interrogation... i need a job... only a slight difference
Campaigner for Zombie Rights

Not a Professional cow... just consistently lazy

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 10:09pm

Both are forms of torture, but one pays you for it?

Monday, August 1st 2011, 4:52am

aside from what you said davie. I have been told that I have to put on my profile certian private life info if I did not want to be caught as cheating. I was also away. and had on my profile that if anything was needed.. to contact this person .. done as told, aka personal information and lo and behold, a mod contacts me and accuses me and the person sitting me of multi
so please.. make up our minds.. either ALL mods get on the same page, not just the same book, or chuck it all and not tell players to put anything on their walls. Yes it's been dealt with since then, but goes to show, one mod say do this, another says no do this and then the super mod comes in and says no , this is the way its done

revamp the mods and get on with it. maybe not so many would be seen as biased because everyone seems to have their own rules.

Quoted

A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation.
Moliere

Monday, August 1st 2011, 10:09am

The IP sharing rule has been written in black and white (well black & beige) for a long time now.

This is and always has been the basis of any decision on the warning/sanction of any player.

Please read it here: http://forum.holy-war.de/board/wbb_en/in…d&postID=373614

As for individual mod decisions, this is not the place to discuss these. If you feel you have been unfairly treated by any mod:
  • Fiirstly you should try discussing it with them by sending a mod mail (messgaes -> Send a message to support team -> To the moderators) with the heading (For the attention of mod xxx).
  • If you don't feel this is appropriate you can discuss it with me by writing a PM here on the forum
  • lastly you can discuss it with support by sending a mail to support using the same mail system except selecting Game or account from the menu. This can ony be read by the support staff at GaS.

Monday, August 1st 2011, 8:44pm

The IP sharing rule has been written in black and white (well black & beige) for a long time now.

This is and always has been the basis of any decision on the warning/sanction of any player.

Please read it here: http://forum.holy-war.de/board/wbb_en/index.php?page=Thread&postID=373614

As for individual mod decisions, this is not the place to discuss these. If you feel you have been unfairly treated by any mod:
  • Fiirstly you should try discussing it with them by sending a mod mail (messgaes -> Send a message to support team -> To the moderators) with the heading (For the attention of mod xxx).
  • If you don't feel this is appropriate you can discuss it with me by writing a PM here on the forum
  • lastly you can discuss it with support by sending a mail to support using the same mail system except selecting Game or account from the menu. This can ony be read by the support staff at GaS.
that would be great.. if the MOD that said it in the first place used their number, instead of the generic Holy War Team sign off. ^^

Quoted

A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation.
Moliere

brianfoxy

Intermediate

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 6:12am

Hmm, how about we just delete everyone who shares an IP. You should be entitled to one (1) account per world. If you have two or more accounts they should be deleted instantly, no questions asked. Why would this be a good idea?
1. You don't need to waste space on your profile saying "I share an IP with my my 3 month old daughter, my 98 year old mom (who has arthritis but continues to play) and the 20 people I work with in my factory."
2. You don't need to share any personal info who you share an IP with. Just a BS made story to distract people away from your farm account.
3. Saves HW a lot of time to go around and send messages to these people telling them to delete your farm account. Just be done with it and hit the delete button :)
4. Then people would play the fair way. Work, attack, plunder and the occasional tixx here and there.

Brian.

-Day I left HW, for good!

Never looking back!!!!

Take care all.

....... DONE ......

Walking away an accomplished man ;)

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 9:37am

Really :sleeping:

Not everyone that shares ip with someone is a farmer :thumbdown:

And as far as im aware 2 accounts on 1 ip can hit each other but gain nothing regardless of how much gold either is carrying.

The only way to farm is to do it from different ip addresses.

So whats the point of this thread ?(

If you are gonna whine about summing in this gamne how bowt making it about summing worth while :sleeping:

Rate this thread