You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "[W4] Eusebius" started this thread

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 2:40pm

Some new ideas to conisder to help us play HW

Here is a new Idea .... Stop tixxing .... oh wait that has been done before lol

Better think up a new one then

1) Allow us to register as a merc while at work and in camp.

Why. Because there is nothing more worse than going to camp or being 4 hours into a work shift and getting hired and you can do nothing about going back into the merc market. you could maybe even set a time. i.e 1,2,3,4.... hours etc so you can get hired again and again. We could either stay in the stalls for up to 24 hours at a given price or be allowed to re post merc availablity when at work or in camp. You can still restrict the hiring of mercs to OM and AC players and that would not change anything.

2) Do the Glory Wars strategy of only allowing mercs and allies in camp.

Why. Becasue there are over 100 players I reckon in HW INT1 that are not in an order and it ruins the game. Gate crashing battles as the like which does not help. If you don't wanna be in an order then get in the merc stall and get messaging for work. restricting would push more players into orders and make them stronger.

Thatis it for now. I do not want to go over old ground so will leave it there

Ozzman

Intermediate

• "Ozzman" has been banned

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 3:15pm

Allow us to register as a merc while at work and in camp.

maybe also allowed to leave the merc stalls while working,have merved in many worlds,and i really hate it when i forget to put myself out of merc stalls,then get hired :/

Becasue there are over 100 players I reckon in HW INT1 that are not in an order and it ruins the game.

yep,that's what's ruining the game,not that 500players in IW matter for absolute zero and 3 players decide the outcome,
well i don't wait for any straightforward response,other than:"tixxers get the game going",

pathetic
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

And that's why tixxers should pay my premium.

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 3:35pm

Ozzman, I would appreciate it if you would stop calling other people's opinions "pathetic" merely because you do not share it.

That would fit so much better with the overall philosophy of "allowing people to voice opinions" that you yourself have been defending so viciously, in the past.

Thank you.

CApeX

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 3:49pm

I did not mean ruining as in tixxers dominating. Yes that is a problem but with bigger orders there is more fun and friends. Then tixxers would not matter so much.

My order in Int1 did not have any tixxers and had 12 members. We were 17-3 win loss last i saw. Its about how you play the game. Gas offer tixxing so you cant moan at them for taking it up.

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 4:02pm

I have to agree with you on this one. Since the onset of battle healing, people with it jump into any battle for xp, because they don't have the consequence of having to conserve lixxers for healing. Battle removed any strategy of weighing the cost of healing for xp in a battle. If HW adopted the only people to battle being that of the orders and mercs, perhaps that would motivate the players that just battle for xp to join active orders. :thumbsup:

I would include allies though. Allied orders are allowed to volunteer.
~ Mod 322 ~

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 8:12pm

we should be happy on at leats older worlds...that so many people are joining battles ;)

and i didnt liked that thing in glory wars...
the pro might be you havent the xp hunters in a battle
but on the other side you can have as much allies if you want...it uses you still nothing if they dont hit the fight button...
and you cant balance it out then with help pms to people that are probably orderless but would help you

Ozzman

Intermediate

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 10:56pm

That would fit so much better with the overall philosophy of "allowing people to voice opinions" that you yourself have been defending so viciously, in the past.

yes,ofc,this is MY opinion,not the opinion of 90% of your customers whose opinon is loudly heard in several antitixxing threads here and allover sb everyday,suuuuure thing.

if you want to put it as opinion issue,find the courage and ask ALL the players with a pm what do they want to do with tixxing,then we'll see whose opinion has more supporters,mine or yours(plural)

Do the Glory Wars strategy of only allowing mercs and allies in camp.

you cant balance it out then with help pms to people that are probably orderless but would help you

why not take it a step even further,and create a tab for OM's/ACs to actually grant entrance to all who want to participate in battle,by clicking the box like in battle and stopping workpay for example,and a button that says "Allow".I have suggested it b4,and i think it will be quickly adapted by OM's
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Friday, April 27th 2012, 9:32am

Maybe I did not make myself clear enough, Ozzman: Do not insult other people. Who's right and who's wrong, who tixxes and who doesn't, which opinion has your personal approval or hasn't is irrelevant when it comes to overall communicative decency. You have all the rights in the word to express your opinion, but do it politely. That counts for you as much as anyone else.

This is also the last time I offer this as a nudge. Next time, I will just react accordingly.

CApeX

Ozzman

Intermediate

Friday, April 27th 2012, 1:43pm

There was nothing indecent in my post,on the contrary,my opinion is that my posts are crystal clear,

it's another thing to feel challenged because we(i repeat,90% pf your customers) don't agree with your policy,i understand it,
but you can't speak about decency when you don't have the decency to reply to questions and threaten with bans.

All i said was to ask the players what they think of you,where's the indecency in that?

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Friday, April 27th 2012, 2:08pm

I am refering to the word "pathetic" you were using above. I would prefer not having to read statements like that, again.

Also, to not derail the thread any further than we already have, feel free to PM me about the informations you have regarding the hard numbers you are giving out about the community as a whole. Any facts you have on that, I would certainly like to forward to my superiors for evaluation. Thank you!

Now please back to topic, if you will.

CApeX

Caradoc

Trainee

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 2:10pm

1) Allow us to register as a merc while at work and in camp.

I think there is a comprise here. I would suggest different order types. In fact, I will start a new thread for that. Anyhow, I agree with the merc part. I'm torn on whether I agree with only allowing mercs/allies in camp. I can see equally good and bad sides to this. Sometimes you need volunteers to win the battle. And this might bar smaller orders from having a chance because many orders would only want to ally with big orders. But, having more allies couldn't hurt. I suppose the only thing keeping small orders from getting allies wouldn't be affected by this change.
w2=Caradoc [Pagan] w5=Lord Kerak [TUA] w8=Little Sin [SOULS] w9=Sinbad [Arabs] w10=Caradoc [CLUB] w11=Nevyn [OTIS] w12=Sinbad [FAT] INT1=Caradoc [HPC]

HW:?: 2 words.... X P

Ozzman

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 3:28pm

Also, to not derail the thread any further than we already have, feel free to PM me about the informations you have regarding the hard numbers you are giving out about the community as a whole.

make me a super mod for a week and i'll get you all the info you need,as your promotions suggest,nothing is for free in the internet,so that means that you will also pay my premium for a year for the great service i will will provide

I'm torn on whether I agree with only allowing mercs/allies in camp. I can see equally good and bad sides to this. Sometimes you need volunteers to win the battle. And this might bar smaller orders from having a chance because many orders would only want to ally with big orders.

if you only allow mercs/allies in camp,then the whole declaring battle option will be taken to a new level,it will require more thought than just pressing the button and then(or b4) pm the ubers,or even change the alliances every once in a while and that is for orders that are hostile between them,
among simple battling orders tho,the good thing is that they can agree on what kind of battle they want,and that idea has a good potential.

now,if you need non tixxing voleunteers to win a battle,nah,not anymore

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 3:51pm

good point Ozzman

Restricting attendees for a battle would allow battle and xp orders to control the battles while other orders play their own way.

How the two would meet would need to be discussed though. You could have battle orders linked to bigger orders as an extension. Big orders do not want 36 hour battles therefore players could join up for this xp battle and anyone else would have to stay out unless they are hired as a merc. Yes they could hire an uber but I would assume that xp orders would have a round robin system where they hit each other so balance would be key to there success

Occupation: What do I do for a living? well, there are several things, but mainly: breathing and eating :D

Monday, July 16th 2012, 10:17pm

Why. Becasue there are over 100 players I reckon in HW INT1 that are not in an order and it ruins the game. Gate crashing battles as the like which does not help. If you don't wanna be in an order then get in the merc stall and get messaging for work. restricting would push more players into orders and make them stronger.
Please read my post on Order Battle. If those Idea is implemented, we will have more players to join an active Order. If you have no time looking at that post, here are some brief summary:
1. Instead of only get some xp, players also get some gold for each xp. The amount of gold they get is level wise, let's say an hour of work pay, or half of it per xp.
2. Membesr of the winning order receive payment in gold for a certain period of time, let's say 5 hours of workpay everyday for 2 or three days
3. Battle heroes are awarded with gold just like HB.
Please be patient God is not finish with me yet :D

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 2:44pm

I really think that allowing us to go to the merc stall during plunders/protects and work and army camp would improve those of us mercenaries a whole hell of a lot !!
cuz, nothing is more frustrating and annoying then being hired to a battle you sleep thru.
Recruitment Links:
W12EN:
#mce_temp_url#

INT2:
#mce_temp_url#

Ozzman

Intermediate

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 4:15pm

cuz, nothing is more frustrating and annoying then being hired to a battle you sleep thru.

ahem....

if you're going to sleep through,don't merc?

back to the point of this thread:
why not take it a step even further,and create a tab for OM's/ACs to actually grant entrance to all who want to participate in battle,by clicking the box like in battle and stopping workpay for example,and a button that says "Allow".I have suggested it b4,and i think it will be quickly adapted by OM's

Caradoc

Trainee

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 3:53pm

I'm not going to stop most players from joining my side, unless I know they are a spy, but we have the option to change who can see camp for that.

Now, if I can reject people from joining the other side... THAT I would be interested in
w2=Caradoc [Pagan] w5=Lord Kerak [TUA] w8=Little Sin [SOULS] w9=Sinbad [Arabs] w10=Caradoc [CLUB] w11=Nevyn [OTIS] w12=Sinbad [FAT] INT1=Caradoc [HPC]

HW:?: 2 words.... X P

Occupation: What do I do for a living? well, there are several things, but mainly: breathing and eating :D

Monday, August 20th 2012, 3:39pm

Now, if I can reject people from joining the other side... THAT I would be interested in
Now if you could do that, the other side would have do the same :D
Please be patient God is not finish with me yet :D

Rate this thread