You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, July 21st 2012, 10:30pm

Work Healing

I've seen a lot of people that do not like the getting healed after 8 hours worth of work. I think that if a player is reduced to less than 10% of their total LP they should be kicked out of work. I believe that this will bring back some strategy to the game as orders will be able to pre-strikes once more. They will just have to concentrate attacks on a few key players and hope to reduce their level LP below 10%. Where they will either enter the battle with low LP or use gold on lix and heal up real fast. With roughly 12 hours between declaration of war and the actual battle i do not see there being enough time for players to re-enter work and getting a full 8 hours once they have been kicked out.

I doubt that this will affect anybody besides targets of pre-strikes. Simply because they are not going to be constant targets for that 8 hours.

Please discuss and criticize openly. I openly admit that i cannot forsee all possible repercussions of such an update.

Sunday, July 22nd 2012, 10:16am

:thumbdown:
W6 - Holy Leader - Active
W11 - Holy Leader - Active

cuzman

Beginner

Sunday, July 22nd 2012, 2:15pm

I don't like this idea I do like your the way you think but the 8 hour healing get me through the day in my worlds

Sunday, July 22nd 2012, 6:30pm

Again, I don't think this will create a problem with people who are not being specifically targeted. However, this might be just because i only play in int 2 where there are plenty of people to hit. I've only ever gotten hit 2-3 times when working.

On the older worlds though i can understand this becoming a problem when there are really only the same 20 or so individuals having each other on a rotation.

Perhaps after the world merger this would be more viable. :thumbup:

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 12:01am

maybe for you but i get hit maybe 4-5 times when i work

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 4:33am

So why shouldn't an update like this be implemented?

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 4:49am

because it sucks :thumbdown:

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 4:54am

:P Come on now. That the only reason you got

Ozzman

Intermediate

• "Ozzman" has been banned

Friday, July 27th 2012, 4:42pm

I think that if a player is reduced to less than 10% of their total LP they should be kicked out of work. I believe that this will bring back some strategy to the game as orders will be able to pre-strikes once more.

is that the suggestion?

so,if i set to 12h work after a battle @....12.00,i have no BH and someone hits me @...13.05....

do i get kicked out of work?

8o
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

And that's why tixxers should pay my premium.

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 3:37pm

Just delete all work healing, and we are all set I think.
Lixxes will get their value (a bit) back.
And prestrike will get at least a little sence again.
Currently we are playing console version of HW, give us back the PC version.

cuzman

Beginner

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 3:56pm

I think it should stay as it is now I like the 8h healing there are not many battles in the worlds I play so it would be pointless and in worlds such as INTw1 there are 10+ battles a day so it would also be pointless

itsjustme

Professional

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 9:17pm

:thumbsup:
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Monday, July 30th 2012, 4:56am

so,if i set to 12h work after a battle @....12.00,i have no BH and someone hits me @...13.05....

do i get kicked out of work?
well i dont think it would be fair to let someone into work if they have less than 10% health just to immediately kick them out, so i doubt that they would get into work in the first place. That being said yes they would get kicked out. It would probably be smarter to plan for the battle and have a couple elixirs ready for after the battle than trying to use work to heal yourself.
I think it should stay as it is now I like the 8h healing there are not many battles in the worlds I play so it would be pointless and in worlds such as INTw1 there are 10+ battles a day so it would also be pointless
I think the number of battles is irrelevant considering what has been suggested. Whether there is one battle a month or ten battles at the same time the objective will still be to pre-hit and weaken the opposing order.

Ozzman

Intermediate

• "Ozzman" has been banned

Monday, July 30th 2012, 9:33am

With promos every week,work healing is a plus for proper players,it helps them increase their stats without spending elixirs for healing.
if you want to be in more than 1 battle,buy that magnificent(not) option of BH.
Prehits will never be the prehits we knew,because of several reasons,but NOT work healing.2h safety fight is the most important i think,but also cause of the battle script,since stats count for nothing if not tixxed.
Whereas,if someone is going to miss a battle and has 8h workpay on them,he's going to miss it anyway,if someone manages to hit him 15-30' b4 battle and do significant damage,that's a prehit or he's back in full health,regardless of the battle mooing

well i dont think it would be fair to let someone into work if they have less than 10% health just to immediately kick them out, so i doubt that they would get into work in the first place. That being said yes they would get kicked out. It would probably be smarter to plan for the battle and have a couple elixirs ready for after the battle than trying to use work to heal yourself.

If your idea is implemented,orders will die,noone will want to take that risk,especially whith the current state of tixxing.

PLUS

I don't want to be in HW 24h a day,i want to set for 12 or 8h of work and know that i'll get my pay when i log in again,which is the most reasonable argument for your idea,and i'm sure HL wanted to say that too but he was bored to type it :D
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

And that's why tixxers should pay my premium.

Monday, July 30th 2012, 3:34pm

With promos every week,work healing is a plus for proper players,it helps them increase their stats without spending elixirs for healing.
if you want to be in more than 1 battle,buy that magnificent(not) option of BH.
Prehits will never be the prehits we knew,because of several reasons,but NOT work healing.2h safety fight is the most important i think
Work healing is a "plus" for developing stats for everybody. But is double minus in deploying any tactic into this game. BH goes without saying. thats quadruple minus.
But yes, you are right if work healing is "poor mans" compensation for BH, it should probably stay. Compensating evil with evil ...
Somehow I missed 2h safety fights?! Is it another thingy you can buy for tixx ? :huh:

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 9:59am

2 hour safety fights was introduced for lower level players until they reach level 4 (although I'll have to check on that)

itsjustme

Professional

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 11:38am

2 hour safety fights was introduced for lower level players until they reach level 4 (although I'll have to check on that)

When you log in, you are safe for 2 hours from players 5 levels or greater higher than you. Does not matter what level you are, it's in effect when you log in.

Also...if you let your browser window sit idle for more than about 20 minutes, you are "re-logged" in when you click anything again in that window. (You are taken to you Character page, regardless of what you tab/icon you click)
This was reported and a new term "Perpetually Safe" was coined and talked about ad-nauseum when it was introduced and we were told it was "working as designed" and not a bug, but that we should not take advantage of the "feature" by staying "Perpetually Safe" on purpose or we would be considered to be exploiting a flaw in design and could be docked xp and/or gold* 8|

*Sorta like Arena Team fighting without weapons, but kinda different

OK, moving on now...

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 12:50pm

Precisely, itsjustme:

Quoted

"Up to and including level 10, you can only be attacked by opponents whose level difference to yours is less than 4. This means, for example, level 3 may be attacked by level 6 or lower, but not by level 7 or higher. From level 11 on, you may generally be attacked by any player. However, everytime you log into the game, players whose level is more than 4 levels above yours, won't be able to attack you for 2 hours."

itsjustme

Professional

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 2:39pm

Precisely, itsjustme:

Quoted

"Up to and including level 10, you can only be attacked by opponents whose level difference to yours is less than 4. This means, for example, level 3 may be attacked by level 6 or lower, but not by level 7 or higher. From level 11 on, you may generally be attacked by any player. However, everytime you log into the game, players whose level is more than 4 levels above yours, won't be able to attack you for 2 hours."

And you won't be able to attack players more than 4 levels below you if they have activated the "Perpetual Safety" which is...well.... you know 8)
Good thing for dead accounts :thumbup:

OK, moving on now...

Rate this thread