You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Traffic Gnome

Intermediate

• "Traffic Gnome" started this thread

Monday, August 13th 2012, 10:03am

Remove Battle Healing

Many players have requested the removal of Battle Healing... making Order battles more of a challenge and meaningful.

Here is a suggestion that I think would suit everyone and GaS wouldn't lose out on removing a source of ticket sales.

I propose that Battle Healing is replaced with a "Mercenary Ticket". This ticket is bought and allows the player to merc for 30 days. Only players who have bought the Mercenary tix are allowed to merc... all other players can only volunteer.

Heres a few ideas for the merc tix

1. Player who buy the merc tix cannot join an Order... or they are dismissed if they are in one
2. The tix allows players to merc in all battles (or volunteer if not hired)
3. Mercs can enter or leave the stalls at any time, even if at work etc
4. Mercs will have no faith for the period they are mercs... they will display a "new" symbol (rather than the cross, star or crescent) to show they are a merc... once the merc period ends they will revert to their original faith
5. I'm sure others will have good ideas to add here :D

I think such a change would see no loss in ticket sales and would open up Order battles to what they once were......

Finally, I also believe that the 2hr safety rule for players 5 level below has to go.

Monday, August 13th 2012, 10:30am

I love this ideas. I think that the 2 hours safety have not his place i this game too. But they will surely never change that because the low lvl player will be angry.. And they don't want to have a lot of others player quit this game.

Monday, August 13th 2012, 11:06am

Great suggestion!!!
~ Mod 322 ~

erialc

Intermediate

Monday, August 13th 2012, 11:32am

I don't like this idea...I also don't like battle healing...HW needs to go back to its original concept when the game 1st began.....let people get a 1000 gold for a tix, tixxing wasn't so crazy back then and HW made extra money off it..I would like my old pay rate back also, I thought that pay cut was one of the biggest slap in the face too GAS's loyal premium buying customers.
W2 contrarian (non-premium) ~ W3 contra (non-premium)~ W4 contra aka erialc (non-premium) ~ W5 Yasmine - Sold ~ W6 contrarian (OM) Dragon Warriors ~ W8 Holy PIA (non-premium) (OM) Because We Can

Monday, August 13th 2012, 2:36pm

In my opinion a horrible idea. I'm not a fan of battle healing, but merc tix? hmm...
Point 1-4 -> No, thanks. Point 5 -> I hope so, otherwise I see no future for this idea :p

Quoted from "da traffic gnome"

Finally, I also believe that the 2hr safety rule for players 5 level below has to go.
Haha, players below level 10 are uninteresting... It takes just a few days untill level 10. Let them keep the newbie protection.

Zitat von »Captain Apex«

Bei diesem von Dir zurecht gemeldeten Avatar gibt es augenscheinlich technische Probleme bei der Löschung. Wir arbeiten bereits daran, das Problem zu beheben.

Nagap

Beginner

Monday, August 13th 2012, 9:19pm

I don't like this idea...I also don't like battle healing...HW needs to go back to its original concept when the game 1st began.....let people get a 1000 gold for a tix, tixxing wasn't so crazy back then and HW made extra money off it..I would like my old pay rate back also, I thought that pay cut was one of the biggest slap in the face too GAS's loyal premium buying customers.

toatally agree, get rid of battle healing. If GaS want extra revenue then recreate the game, add interesting things to it not just ways of making money.

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 3:32am

I would love to see the old work pay rates back :cursing: I am tired of working for 12 hours ad get what i can get in 2-3 plunders
W6 - Holy Leader - Active
W11 - Holy Leader - Active

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 5:50am

The work pay will surely never be back. The support will tell that you can take some ticket to do some extra plunders if your not happy..

Traffic Gnome

Intermediate

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 9:22am

Haha, players below level 10 are uninteresting... It takes just a few days untill level 10. Let them keep the newbie protection.

8| 8| who's talking about players under level 10 ?( ?( ?( I'm talking about the 2 hrs protection a player gets once they log in. This protection is totally unnecessary and I believe once you have logged in and you haven't had a safe fight then you should be open to be attacked.
I would love to see the old work pay rates back :cursing: I am tired of working for 12 hours ad get what i can get in 2-3 plunders
Who's talking about pay rates ?( ?( ?( I'm trying to generate discussion about replacing Battle Healing to make Order battles a little more meaningful. Battle Healing allows players to jump from one battle to another with no consequence. Hey, I use BH in the two international worlds and I just click "participate" randomly on however many battles there are scheduled for the day.... totally meaningless ;( ;( ;( Also by introducing a "Merc Ticket" we get rid of these 'half-as.s.e.d', wannabe mercs and merc orders and effectively force them to join Battle/XP Orders thus having bigger, more meaningful battles which incorporates some iota of strategy 8o 8o 8o

Now GaS aren't just gonna remove a source of income, so I have offered a suggestion to replace it.... lets work on that premise :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Caradoc

Trainee

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 3:24pm

TG ~ you don't hire mercs, anyway :P

I don't understand why a merc should have to pay to be a merc? This would completely destroy the merc market. I think you're just trying to make it harder for orders to spend their gold so you can get even bigger hauls off them X( :thumbup:
w2=Caradoc [Pagan] w5=Lord Kerak [TUA] w8=Little Sin [SOULS] w9=Sinbad [Arabs] w10=Caradoc [CLUB] w11=Nevyn [OTIS] w12=Sinbad [FAT] INT1=Caradoc [HPC]

HW:?: 2 words.... X P

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 6:04pm

the 2 hour protection doesn't work :cursing: and it never has in 2IN for me
W6 - Holy Leader - Active
W11 - Holy Leader - Active

Caradoc

Trainee

Wednesday, August 15th 2012, 7:30pm

It's only for players 5 or more levels above you. Is that still the case?
w2=Caradoc [Pagan] w5=Lord Kerak [TUA] w8=Little Sin [SOULS] w9=Sinbad [Arabs] w10=Caradoc [CLUB] w11=Nevyn [OTIS] w12=Sinbad [FAT] INT1=Caradoc [HPC]

HW:?: 2 words.... X P

Thursday, August 16th 2012, 10:39am

Quoted

Up to and including level 10, you can only be attacked by opponents whose level difference to yours is less than 4. This means, for example, level 3 may be attacked by level 6 or lower, but not by level 7 or higher. From level 11 on, you may generally be attacked by any player. However, everytime you log into the game, players whose level is more than 4 levels above yours, won't be able to attack you for 2 hours.

Cheers,
Gen.D

Traffic Gnome

Intermediate

Friday, August 17th 2012, 8:01am

However, everytime you log into the game, players whose level is more than 4 levels above yours, won't be able to attack you for 2 hours.
Yes, this is the 2hr protection rule I would like to see removed :D .... amongst others :whistling: :whistling:

Rate this thread