You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

• "Forge" started this thread

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 6:05pm

Re-re-resuggestion: Plunder banking

I've not yet heard why GAS dislikes this idea, and it's wished for fervently by many players, myself included;

If all plunders are not done at the end of the day, a set amount (30 min or less?) will be added to the following day's plunder amount.

The code is pretty simple to do this, we know the mechanism is there to allow it (tix for plunders), so why no interest?

You can make it a premium-only feature (non-prem doesn't have a lot of plunders to start with, so less need to bank), and it allows players a little more flexibility. You can finish out your plunders after reset as long as you're close to the mark, and you can let the last few roll over if you had a good day and already bought your stat.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

itsjustme

Professional

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 8:14pm

Not sure how I feel about this.
On one side not allowing the "roll over" almost forces more activity. You HAVE to log in 2+ hours before reset to get all plunders in if you're premium (or split some after reset some before reset) or you loose those plunders. If plunders were allowed to roll over I think some would not log in every 12 hours or so to get them all in...could be wrong.

On the other hand, love the idea as it allows more flexibility in that I can do 12 hours work 2-4 plunders get a stat, go back to work for 12 hours and still have 180 + minutes of plunders to do to possibly get 2 stats. (This means I stay on longer on day 2 but less on day 1 so the total activity may actually be more??? not sure if that negates my first statement or not!! lol)

Would all unplundered time roll over or can we say 60 minutes max? How long does it roll for, that is if I don't do plunders for 3 days, do I have 360 minutes of plundering I can do?
You touch on this briefly in saying that (30 minutes or so? roll over) but does it just keep rolling if not done by the next reset? (I do 90 minutes day one, 90 minutes day 2 out of 150 available, how many roll over?)
Just throwing thoughts out there...

I could see where the coding for this might get a bit quirky depending on how it's implemented. And the Tix for plunders expire at reset as well so there's no help there really.
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

-Naomi-

Intermediate

Wednesday, August 29th 2012, 9:36am

I think it's a great idea !
Don't have tima all days to finish mine,on other days I do have the time !!
Besides that...the day you know you're buying a weapon or a horse it can just make the difference :rolleyes:

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm,it's about learning to dance in the rain"

FR2 Kheira
NL3 C0okie

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 10:39am

I do see how this is a great idea, but to put it simply:

- it's quite a major game change, which requires a lot of effort, while the devs are working on other major game changes which have higher priority
- most players are happy with plunders how they are
- doing your daily plunders for 60/120 mins are tedious enough already

This suggestion also contradicts your other idea, Forge, that player's stats should be reset every day. The set time of plunders is the only way of keeping players level-pegging at the moment. I also reckon players will get complacent and not bother to do their plunders, since they know they can 'bank' them and do them the next day or the next day. I for one know how lazy I am, and would without a doubt fall victim to this. Having a set time for plunders offers an incentive to get them out of the way first thing. This idea could actually lead to less activity.

If you disagree, we can discuss further :)

Cheers!
Gen.D

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 8:02pm

I'd rather see premium tickets = shorter plunder/protect times...

Would rather only have to spend 5 minutes doing each one rather than 10 minutes.. Makes going premium much more attractive to those who aren't premium.. Might even get them spending their money to go premium again ;) ;)
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24

Tuesday, September 4th 2012, 1:28pm

You're right, ST, it would make it more attractive for non-Prem players. BUT it would also widen the HW class gap. Those who can't afford Premium will resent GAS even more than they already do.

I'm just knocking them for six this week aren't I :rolleyes:

Gen.D :thumbsup:

Tuesday, September 4th 2012, 3:13pm

You can make it a premium-only feature

Forge actually the feature you asked for is there already. Only it is not only premium, it costs tixx for plunder transfer.

Yeah, you guessed it, a tixx for three plunders ^^

Good news is, you actually don't need any remaining plunders to start with 8o

Tuesday, September 4th 2012, 4:06pm

You're right, ST, it would make it more attractive for non-Prem players. BUT it would also widen the HW class gap. Those who can't afford Premium will resent GAS even more than they already do.

I'm just knocking them for six this week aren't I :rolleyes:

Gen.D :thumbsup:
No you're not, you is being all negative :P How about making it 5 minutes for everyone then :thumbsup:

How about my other suggestion then? about doing competitions for the NON-Premium players: giving them a chance to win 1 months premium ???
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24

Nagap

Beginner

Tuesday, September 4th 2012, 8:05pm

8)
If all plunders are not done at the end of the day, a set amount (30 min or less?) will be added to the following day's plunder amount.

I like this idea, for someone like me who works shifts, nights and weekends, on some days i am not at home long enough to complete my plunders, other days I have all day (lucky me). 8)

Nagap

Beginner

Tuesday, September 4th 2012, 8:07pm

Would all unplundered time roll over or can we say 60 minutes max? How long does it roll for, that is if I don't do plunders for 3 days, do I have 360 minutes of plundering I can do?
You touch on this briefly in saying that (30 minutes or so? roll over) but does it just keep rolling if not done by the next reset? (I do 90 minutes day one, 90 minutes day 2 out of 150 available, how many roll over?)

I should imagine a max of 30 mins a day, making it a max of 90 per day, no more.

Nagap

Beginner

Tuesday, September 4th 2012, 8:11pm

Would rather only have to spend 5 minutes doing each one rather than 10 minutes.. Makes going premium much more attractive to those who aren't premium.. Might even get them spending their money to go premium again

Like this idea too, but it means even less time for people to be on the game, which would kil off worlds even quicker (if possible), however this idea along with double the amount of plunders would equal this out, generate more xp/gold, which will help towards the expensive equipment and horses.

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

• "Forge" started this thread

Thursday, September 6th 2012, 3:43am

This suggestion also contradicts your other idea, Forge, that player's stats should be reset every day. The set time of plunders is the only way of keeping players level-pegging at the moment. I also reckon players will get complacent and not bother to do their plunders, since they know they can 'bank' them and do them the next day or the next day. I for one know how lazy I am, and would without a doubt fall victim to this. Having a set time for plunders offers an incentive to get them out of the way first thing. This idea could actually lead to less activity.

If you disagree, we can discuss further :)

Cheers!
Gen.D

Didn't realize I only get one suggestion, and I have to build on/elaborate that one forever. You pretty much said the decaying stats idea was garbage, so I dropped it and thought no more.

Also, you and many others seem to have missed a critical detail. I'm not talking about all plunders rolling over or even half, I'm talking around 1/4.

I really don't know why I bother making suggestions, they're either dismissed out of hand, submitted to the devs silently and dismissed without feedback, or just plain ignored. I'll stop bothering everyone with them, and watch it all fall down in silence.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

itsjustme

Professional

Thursday, September 6th 2012, 11:48am

I kinda like the idea, just "talking out" the details.
I originally didn't think it would go over, but even within my own first reply I had mixed feelings and thought it could indeed be beneficial if correctly implemented.

Perhaps get rid of the tix for plunders and go with tix for roll-over plunders :D (Remember everything has to be a money maker of some sorts)
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Thursday, September 6th 2012, 3:47pm

maybe you could have only a limited number of rollover plunders per day - say 4-6 of them can roll over per day, so you can't end up spending all day just doing them ?(

Dunno, I kind of like the idea but can't see how it would work without giving prem players even more advantage over the non prem players who have always struggled to keep up level and stat wise.

Rate this thread