You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ozzman

Intermediate

• "Ozzman" has been banned
  • "Ozzman" started this thread

Monday, January 14th 2013, 2:52pm

Regrouping of most important suggestions

that have been neglected of course for the sake of...i dont know,probably G@S wallets

1.Reduce the ticket promotions,or at least put the tixx ratio back to where it was,1k gold per ticket.Ticket promos are not what G@S says in their hilarious announcements when they have a promo,they are not a form of convenience for the players,rather than just for merely 2-5 persons per world mostly.
In case G@S hasnt noticed,promotions drive away old and new players alike.

2.What is going to be with putting the Holy Battle twice a month again?G@S is locking threads at will,and the only response we get is :"we'll see"
This is not a suggestion,it is a DEMAND by many players,including those G@S prohibited posting in TG's thread by locking it.

3.Put away the login sf,gold hunting will always be a feature of holy war,G@S might not care about it,as #1 hunters in the newest worlds are always mega tixxers,but it does help the average player get more stats,therefore more xp.

any other suggestions are appreciated to be posted in this thread,but please stick to the 3 main ones!thanks!
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

And that's why tixxers should pay my premium.

Traffic Gnome

Intermediate

Monday, January 14th 2013, 10:53pm

and #4.... consider a tixx free world.... (other than premium that is ;) )

Bring back fortnighly Holy Battles please..... we love them :love: :love: :love: :love:

Ozzman

Intermediate

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 1:26am

thought about that one as well,but they wont even do the HB thingie,much more about tixx free world...and with dead forum(murder on almost-every- admin-passed-through-here hands),they just keep making it worse
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 10:57pm

I'd support this change
AlphaOmega

Friday, January 25th 2013, 12:35pm

TIX FREE WORLD ??? id comment but wats the point even ive come to realise its not gonna happen ;(

Thursday, January 31st 2013, 3:54am

TIX FREE WORLD ??? id comment but wats the point even ive come to realise its not gonna happen ;(

To show that we want it? If enough people comment and support a well
thought out reason for a non-tixx world, they'd almost have to look at
it right? Also if all the people supporting it, promised to buy premium
then it'd be better off and probably bring people back to the game.
AlphaOmega

Thursday, January 31st 2013, 10:03am

To show that we want it? If enough people comment and support a well
thought out reason for a non-tixx world, they'd almost have to look at
it right? Also if all the people supporting it, promised to buy premium
then it'd be better off and probably bring people back to the game.

The suggestion has been made by alot off players myself included.It was simple a world you can only play if you are premium tix should be for nothing more just premium :thumbsup: .I for 1 would play this world becouse i know for a sure fire fact it would be competetive X( which is what this game greatly lacks.GAS could even make it international it would be worth it for the customer satisfaction alone :thumbup: .

Thursday, January 31st 2013, 9:28pm

Tix Free World please..Could be int4 for example,make us happy GAS,thanks:)

Tonkdog785

Beginner

Friday, February 1st 2013, 12:27am

I vote for tixx free world too

Friday, February 1st 2013, 1:29am

I vote for tixx-free world

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Friday, February 1st 2013, 1:36am

My feelings on the tix free world are well known. I started a thread once as.well and very much agree it is something that is needed.
When Life hands you Lemons grab the Tequila :D
W3-- Ban Hammer Gnome - TC
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
IN3 - Ban Hammer Gnome -- IPC
IN4 --Ban Hammer Gnome- SOUL
I am not addicted 8o I swear I ain't :S
MOD -618

Friday, February 1st 2013, 1:41am

It's the only way I would ever consider starting a new world

Natas

Beginner

Friday, February 1st 2013, 1:51am

I would play in a tixx free world anytime
8) CoolDeal

Deuces

Beginner

Friday, February 1st 2013, 2:09am

+1 for a tixx free world. It would make the game more interesting.

itsjustme

Professional

Friday, February 1st 2013, 12:17pm

Lock this thread before it becomes another vehicle for G@S bashing, insults and innuendo's about lack of vision etc etc etc
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Friday, February 1st 2013, 12:42pm

I also support a tixx free world.

However, since this is a business, GAS would need the world to be financially viable. How would GAS offset the loss?

1) Would everyone in this world have to be a premium player? I suspect that would have to be the case to gain enough revenue.

2) Would the cost of premium increase? If so, how much are you all willing to pay per month to play?

3) Define tixx free. Is this just not tixxing for gold? What about battle healing, which is in fact another a way to tixx in disguise (you get to save your lixxes to sell back for stats and equipment in-lieu of actually using them to heal)? What about extra plunders and protects?

Is there is a large enough core population of "purist" Holy War players that would offset the revenue loss ?(
~ Mod 322 ~

Ozzman

Intermediate

Friday, February 1st 2013, 1:47pm

1) Would everyone in this world have to be a premium player? I suspect that would have to be the case to gain enough revenue.

definitely,we dont want it for free

2) Would the cost of premium increase? If so, how much are you all willing to pay per month to play?

1 tixx=6euros,3 tixx=15,just my thoughts
3) Define tixx free. Is this just not tixxing for gold? What about battle healing, which is in fact another a way to tixx in disguise (you get to save your lixxes to sell back for stats and equipment in-lieu of actually using them to heal)? What about extra plunders and protects?

just for premium,nothing else

Is there is a large enough core population of "purist" Holy War players that would offset the revenue loss ?(

is this our fault?but yes,in that world,i do think that it is going to be easier to keep the players

Traffic Gnome

Intermediate

Friday, February 1st 2013, 2:28pm

I would suggest time-limiting the tixx-free world. That is, target goals should be set and once achieved the world ends and a new one starts. Players and/or Orders can win (lets say one month free premium), automatically moved to the new world and it starts over again.

Goals could be (these are just quick examples, I haven't thought them through yet)

1. First player to win 10,000 fights; or
2. First player to Level 100; or
3. First Order to win 200 battles; or
4. First Order to build Level 20 castle
5. First Order to beat all other Orders of different faith
etc etc

as soon as a particular goal has been reached the winner is announced and a new world starts. The winner(s) will be moved to new world with a prize (one month free prem?)

I think revenue could be raised by charging an enterance fee (ie 3.99 Euro) and players then pay 3.99 euro per month to stay in (14 days grace must be given to allow players a chance to renew prem), if premium has not been renewed they get booted off the server :thumbsup:

The only tixx that can be used will be for Premium only (and no gold will be associated with it!!!!). NO extra plunders/protects, NO extra gold, NO battle healing.... NO nothing :cursing:

The purpose of time-limiting is to keep players active and interested, worlds would not stagnate and revenue would be generated by the current players wanting to compete and new players being attracted to and playing HW due to a re-energised population of players

Just some thoughts, which need worked on, but I'm sure its a winner :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

itsjustme

Professional

Friday, February 1st 2013, 2:45pm

All discussed and worked out ad-nauseum. Look back at threads 2-3 years ago, they have decided upon their business model and are sticking to it.
If they wanted to create a "tixx-free" world, they would do so, there would be limited "reprogramming" required and likely a lot less effort than the recent "sorta-world merge"
Heck, it could be the new international world to keep in line with their current world openings.

But, alas, promo is on, tickets are being cashed in, fields planted, watered, and reaped, life is good in the land of G@S.

OK, moving on now...

Friday, February 1st 2013, 2:50pm

Another way they can off set revenue is to lay off a few people...fewer people means fewer upgrades, fewer upgrades equals that much less time the baby has the hammer. They get more money and we don't have to worry about potentially game ruining updates:D...it's a win win

Friday, February 1st 2013, 3:15pm

First let me say I am totally for a premium only world. Making it mandatory with a 14 day grace period to renew in case of real life emergencies etc. I am not interested in time limiting the world. I think you work hard to get to a point and the last thing you want is to have it all go away and start over again. I also have to say that I have understood (as I am sure all of you have) the complexity of games being a business and that the way they stay in business is to make money. I think you can look at it from two prospectives....one being that the tixxers buy their way into the game and make it impossible for the rest of us to keep up with them or you can look at it from the prospective that they pay out enough that along with those of us who buy premium and battle healing, it keeps the game in operation. Either way, it allows HW to be around and I get to enjoy the friendships I have made over the years. I am not so sure HW could have survived on premium alone unless it is mandatory to buy it.

And I am not sure adding battle healing would help either considering how many people refuse to purchase either one or both but I prefer no battle healing. It truly is the hidden side of tixxing in the game since you can get plenty of xp to grow while you stash away elixirs to build your stats. The original game when I started, allowed you to buy or not buy premium (no sb if you didn't buy premium) and if you bought gold it was for 1k only and I can remember buying it just to heal because we didn't have the 8 hr healing and we didn't have battle healing after battles. It was a struggle to grow and it was hard to stay healed. Never bought it for stats but I surely bought it to heal.

I can understand GAS being hesitant to create a world with prem only, just for the main reason of it possibly not being self maintaining money wise. I would love to see the game go back to it's original game play when I started in 2009 because it was much more competitive but in the end changes came from the players of all countries and their suggestions and is why they were implemented. Maybe a mandatory premium world would work but I'm just not sure there would be enough numbers to make it self sufficient.
As WC Fields once said, "It was a woman drove me to drink, and I never stopped to thank her.^^
Mod 575

itsjustme

Professional

Friday, February 1st 2013, 3:35pm

And the current ticket buying players wouldn't off-set the cost 1 non-tixing world?
I agree that the people buying tickets in bulk and cashing them in during the quarterly promos is what keeps the lights on at G@S, but sure 1 additional server world when you have as many as they do is not that much to maintain. Consider the people who no longer play in INT1 and INT2 because of tixxers, that are still playing in older worlds now? If INT4 were a tixx-free world, would those people continue to play there and buy premium only? Or will INT4 contain mostly tixers like INT1-INT3?

It's simple really, they don't want to do it, they have found a revenue stream and will stick with it until it dries up. When things get a little slack, they just open up a new world, tixxers rush in and fill their pockets again for a while, then a lot of people quit that world and the tixxers sell their accounts to some knucklehead willing to pay for a character in a dieing world, then G@S does it all over again. That's the track record since about World 11, and 4 worlds have opened since then and that's the way it has been in each of them.

OK, moving on now...

Ozzman

Intermediate

Friday, February 1st 2013, 4:19pm

And the current ticket buying players wouldn't off-set the cost 1 non-tixing world?

:thumbsup:

If INT4 were a tixx-free world, would those people continue to play there and buy premium only?

I think that players in a tixx free server will pay to maintain that world,if they dont want to keep their accounts in older worlds,who can blame them?
let the tixxers fight between themselves and those who play with them,and let us play the way HW was b4 Cpt Apex

That's the track record since about World 11, and 4 worlds have opened since then and that's the way it has been in each of them.

*was there along with others* :cursing:

itsjustme

Professional

Friday, February 1st 2013, 5:01pm

My point above is this -
Given the following assumptions are true:
1) A totally Tixx f/prem only world doesn't generate enough revenue to sustain itself on paper i.e. you would need 5,000 people redeeming a ticket a month to pay for what it costs to maintain the server (and we know getting 5,000 people to stay active in a world for an extended period of time is near impossible)

2) G@S is going to open another world at some point anyway following the recently established INT World model

3) The people buying more than 2 tickets a month make HW profitable for G@S

4) Each new world since at least W11EN has seen a rapid decline in maintaining active players after the first couple months due to high ticket usage
- (Now that last bit is tricky, in that it is supposed people stop playing a world because of high ticket use, and I argue that this is a major reason, though it likely is not the only one.)

5) Even with some people buying lots of tickets, a world eventually becomes unprofitable due to a the decrease in overall world population

Now if you don't agree with #5, the rest of this salient point is invalid.

Now, my main supposition is this:
If a world is opened as INT4, tickets allowed only for premium, then enough people will stay in INT4 to make up for the lack of major ticket buying, given that INT1-3 players are still buying tickets at their current declining rate (both tixxers and normal usage 2/month)
It will take 2-3 months for the slopes to meet, but I think they do.

Again, this has been presented in several formats through various suggestions over a period of at least 2 years, if the owners of the company don't see it, or don't believe it, or just don't want to take the time to consider it, and just open a new world every 6 months all willy-nilly, go for it...I'll not be joining another one. (Like my 1 ticket a month is going to break you I know so G@S really doesn't care about 1 person here or there*

* As long as I don't try to manipulate the HS table

OK, moving on now...

Friday, February 1st 2013, 10:13pm

Bump

I would play it

Ozzman

Intermediate

Tuesday, February 5th 2013, 1:25pm

so many players showed up after years maybe in the forum,and they all got gloriously ignored.

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Tuesday, February 5th 2013, 5:36pm

My point above is this -
1) A totally Tixx f/prem only world doesn't generate enough revenue to sustain itself on paper i.e. you would need 5,000 people redeeming a ticket a month to pay for what it costs to maintain the server (and we know getting 5,000 people to stay active in a world for an extended period of time is near impossible)

I think you grossly overestimate the server costs, or GAS is simply paying way too much. My day job at a major internet service/software provider involves a large number of powerful servers (dual CPU, quad cores each, 48GB of RAM, disk arrays at around 900MB/s, several hundred K IOPS) costs the company 24K$ total. That's not one server, that's two DB backends and eight web frontends, and a huge friggin pipe to connect them with, at a large international hosting provider.

A tixx-for-prem-and-BH-only world could very easily be profitable. It just won't be as profitable as the tixx-for-gold worlds, and that's the problem. When one person is willing to spend about 70K$ to make a monster account, you'd need a lot of normal players to make up the difference, and it's just not going to happen.

I still believe that a resetting world, or a system of stat decay is the only way to make a game world sustainable.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

itsjustme

Professional

Tuesday, February 5th 2013, 6:29pm

My point above is this -

I think you grossly overestimate the server costs, or GAS is simply paying way too much. My day job at a major internet service/software provider involves a large number of powerful servers (dual CPU, quad cores each, 48GB of RAM, disk arrays at around 900MB/s, several hundred K IOPS) costs the company 24K$ total. That's not one server, that's two DB backends and eight web frontends, and a huge friggin pipe to connect them with, at a large international hosting provider.

A tixx-for-prem-and-BH-only world could very easily be profitable. It just won't be as profitable as the tixx-for-gold worlds, and that's the problem. When one person is willing to spend about 70K$ to make a monster account, you'd need a lot of normal players to make up the difference, and it's just not going to happen.

I still believe that a resetting world, or a system of stat decay is the only way to make a game world sustainable.

Errrmm I really wasn't estimating at all, only giving some figures for illustrative purposes.
The point was, that even IF a server that did ticket for premium only was NOT profitable to start up in and of itself, the rate of decrease of players would be slow enough when compared to the rate of decrease of players in current new world models, that it would in the long run be profitable to keep.

You are right in that they don't seem to care and only want the mega ROI. I also would like to see a resetting world, though that might take more effort on their part.
My idea would be quite simple for them to implement, IMHO. The resetting world wouldn't be that much more, but more.

OK, moving on now...

Ozzman

Intermediate

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 2:41pm

I think that players in a tixx free server will pay to maintain that world,if they dont want to keep their accounts in older worlds,who can blame them?
let the tixxers fight between themselves and those who play with them,and let us play the way HW was b4 Cpt Apex

and so,you clearly state that G@S prefers to rob their honest players of their gaming just to make more money.

WE KNOW!

that's why we're asking for a tixx free world

itsjustme

Professional

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 5:05pm

Don't worry about it Ozz, just join in the forum games and count along with everyone else. Forum is dead, game is doing the crappy-floppy*, Mods are sweepin up, devs are dozing off, admins are raking it in 8| 8|

*crappy-flappy=fish flailing around out of water for you folks in Rio Linde

OK, moving on now...

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 11:12pm

the game has changed long time before apex showed up for us at least... ;)

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Friday, February 8th 2013, 4:07pm

Agreed. Dumping this on CapApe is unfair, the changes were happening long before he arrived, and he's support, not admin or coding.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

itsjustme

Professional

Friday, February 8th 2013, 7:51pm

didn't see anyone blaming Cap'n Apex for anything...he's trying to maintain decorum in a forum of a game whose developers have their heads....well, in the sand. Not an easy job, and no matter what he does it will be perceived as wrong because he is the only face of the company we pay our money to, so he gets it full blast.

OK, moving on now...

Ozzman

Intermediate

Tuesday, February 12th 2013, 12:47pm

the game has changed since several Apex's,all the same to me

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Tuesday, February 12th 2013, 2:52pm

You may want to remain on target with the thread, guys. It's nice reading your thoughts regarding me, either way, but I don't believe that's what the threadstarter was aiming for here.

Regards,

CApeX

itsjustme

Professional

Tuesday, February 12th 2013, 2:58pm

that have been neglected of course for the sake of...i dont know,probably G@S wallets

1.Reduce the ticket promotions,or at least put the tixx ratio back to where it was,1k gold per ticket.Ticket promos are not what G@S says in their hilarious announcements when they have a promo,they are not a form of convenience for the players,rather than just for merely 2-5 persons per world mostly.
In case G@S hasnt noticed,promotions drive away old and new players alike.

2.What is going to be with putting the Holy Battle twice a month again?G@S is locking threads at will,and the only response we get is :"we'll see"
This is not a suggestion,it is a DEMAND by many players,including those G@S prohibited posting in TG's thread by locking it.

3.Put away the login sf,gold hunting will always be a feature of holy war,G@S might not care about it,as #1 hunters in the newest worlds are always mega tixxers,but it does help the average player get more stats,therefore more xp.

any other suggestions are appreciated to be posted in this thread,but please stick to the 3 main ones!thanks!

In the immortal words of JG Wentworth:
"We want our money and we want it NOW"!! :cursing:

OK, moving on now...

Rate this thread