You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tao Rehsu

Beginner

• "Tao Rehsu" started this thread

Occupation: Self-employed (home-based franchise, teach Kung Fu, actor, published writer)

Saturday, October 19th 2013, 5:16pm

Introduction of Stat/level Ratio

Stat/level Ratio:

I created the ratio concept in the fall of 2011. It has evolved to be more efficient over time. This ratio lets us monitor how competitive our accounts are unbiased of level. It takes into account all factors (total stats, all gear bonuses and/or penalties, at-home defense bonus from residence and HP). It is deduced from the absolute stats found at the top right hand corner of your status page. First take your HP and multiply it by 3 to get your HP stat. Next, add all stats to HP stat to get your total stats (be sure to include at-home defense bonus!). Then divide your total stats by 9 (5 personal, 3 horse and 1 HP stat) to get your average stat. Lastly, divide your average stat by your level to get your Stat/level Ratio.

My Stat/level Ratio on October 18, 2013:

HP: 504 / Str: 480 / Att: 870 / Def: 1093 / Agi: 470 / Sta: 862

Total Stats: 4279 / 9
Average Stat: 475.4444 / level 164
Ratio: 2.899 = Demi God

Ratio Translation:

Insubstantial: less then 1.75
Weak: 1.75+
Average: 2.0+
Strong: 2.2+
Serious Threat: 2.4+
Game Changing: 2.6+
Demi God: 2.8+
Archangel: 3.0+
GOD: 3.5+

------------------------- ---------

If Stat/level Ratios were included in our profiles, we could better determine which mercenaries are worth our gold. It would help us size up opponents in battles. There are countless advantages to including this simple ratio in our character descriptions. Of course, a level 50 player with a ratio of 3 is not as strong as a level 150 player with a ratio of 3. However, this is the simplest formula I can conceive that shows someone with one simple number how competitive their account is unbiased of level. Maybe cooperatively we can improve it even further! I do believe that in its current state it is extremely useful and logical. I propose that it be incorporated into the game itself. It will only make the game better and give players more incentive to pay for premium and play smarter to raise their ratios. Quite simply, defends lower your ratio and plunders raise them. Battle healing works against your ratio. Working of course raises your ratio. My strategy is 12 plunders and 12 hours of work a day which yields me 1 personal stat a day (usually with 10-50k gold extra to buy pots with). I have used 99% plunders since defends were introduced. That is why my stats are higher then many of my fellow higher leveled players. I can't compete with the few mega tixxers with 800 stats, but I do get XP hero almost 25% of the battles I am in. I must be doing something right, no?

For the record, I never used tickets for anything besides premium status and battle healing. My character is the result of me playing almost daily since April of 2008 (over 5.5 years). Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to contributing to the fun factor of this game which I've devoted so much time and energy to.

Tao
8)

Hardrada

Trainee

Saturday, October 19th 2013, 5:44pm

No doubt there will be quibbles about exactly how the calculation of a "power value" is arrived at, but to me this is as good as any and it would be a nice addition to both the player stats visible to others but also made visible on the "Hire a Merc" page too

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Sunday, October 20th 2013, 8:30am

I agree that this formula should be some how included. I have known about it and have used it. Tao and I have discussed it before. I can see it being ver beneficial on the merc page.
When Life hands you Lemons grab the Tequila :D
W3-- Ban Hammer Gnome - TC
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
IN3 - Ban Hammer Gnome -- IPC
IN4 --Ban Hammer Gnome- SOUL
I am not addicted 8o I swear I ain't :S
MOD -618

Traffic Gnome

Intermediate

Saturday, October 26th 2013, 3:40pm

As I have discussed with Tao, I don't see why it should be independent of level... for example a level 50 player with Tao's ratio may be 2.675... a "Game Changer"... this might be so if the level 50 player is in a relatively new world where the highest rank is, say, level 55. However this "Game Changing" level 50 player is NOTHING when compared to the level 175 "Average Joe". Therefore I think Tao's ratio would look absurd in the merc stalls.

I would suggest that Tao's ratio is dependent on level - a simple product of Tao's ratio * (players level/highest level) should be adequate in providing a useful measure for which to chose merc's from the stalls

Saturday, October 26th 2013, 8:16pm

Actually this formula is more like a scale to see where your char is in terms of toughness comparable to your neighbors in level (max 5 above usually) - It is a good tool for that.

Vedauwoo

Unregistered

Sunday, October 27th 2013, 5:31pm

An analysis

The ratio has advantages and disadvantages depending on its use.
  1. The ratio could be used by the player to make purchasing decisions so that the ratio is high. It would help in making decisions that involve negatives in the purchase of equipment. Perhaps help with the decision of when to upgrade equipment.
  2. The ratio could be used to know when to hit a rival when he is making changes to his character, such as purchasing or selling equipment.
  3. The ratio could be used for betting on tournaments. It would have some extra calculations specific to gladiators tournaments, but it does give some incite for betting. You have to adjust for the residence.
  4. Arena fights have greater information. The residence would not help.
  5. Battle analysis may have some easier calculations. The residence does not help.
  6. Mercenary purchases would become somewhat easier, however the residence hurts the analysis.

I would remove the residence from the calculation. For most purposes, the residence is not relevant. The only time that it is relevant is when you are attacking a player at home.

The advantage of a single number is clear. However, consider some drawbacks. The extremely unbalanced player... or the extremely balanced player. It is unclear to most if balance give a player an advantage. Most players have defense well above (2 Times or more) compared to strength. A balanced player will likely have a lower score, but better performance.

A disadvantage (or advantage) is that players with unique weapons are easily spotted.

Tao Rehsu

Beginner

Occupation: Self-employed (home-based franchise, teach Kung Fu, actor, published writer)

Tuesday, October 29th 2013, 6:24am

At one time I created an additional simple formula that would address the huge difference between a level 50 player and a level 150. This formula makes it next to impossible to keep workable translations (they are too heavily distorted). It goes as such:

Multiply your ratio by 1/100 of your level.
Example:
I your ratio is 3, at level 150 it would be 4.5.
The same ratio at level 50 would be 1.5.

I am grateful for the feedback. I know this ratio concept is worthwhile and if we collectively work out the holes in it I believe we can add this to the game for the benefit of all.

Best Regards!

Tao Rehsu

Beginner

Tuesday, October 29th 2013, 6:29am

Also, you have a point in not factoring in residence bonus (for the most part, it is null and void when it most matters). I just wanted the formula to factor ALL possible factors. The level adjusted ratio I mentioned above would not be a stat/level ratio, it would be simply a stat ratio (since it is so heavily affected by level).

Tao Rehsu

Beginner

Sunday, January 26th 2014, 8:25pm

That being said, the residence bonus doesn't have much impact on the ratio and it makes it fair to compensate the time and gold put in from the players who developed their residence and wall. I would like to get the ratio listed in high scores and like Hardrada and opoton said, it would be most useful being listed in the mercenary stalls.

Tao Rehsu

Beginner

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 6:44am

Updated Formula

Stat/level Ratio:

I created the ratio concept in the fall of 2011. It has evolved to be more efficient over time. This ratio lets us monitor how competitive our accounts are unbiased of level. It takes into account all factors (total stats, all gear bonuses and/or penalties, at-home defense bonus from residence and HP). It is deduced from the absolute stats found at the top right hand corner of your status page. First take your HP and multiply it by 3 to get your HP stat. HP stat, strength and agility are the same as listed, you must simply divide attack, defense and stamina by 2 to get true stats. Next, add all stats to HP stat to get your total stats (be sure to include at-home defense bonus!). Finally divide the sum of true stats by 6 to get average stat. Lastly, divide your average stat by your level to get your Stat/level ratio.

My Stat/level Ratio on May 7 (before) and July 7 (after new horse), 2014:

HP Stat: 528 - 528
True Strength: 515 - 515
True Attack: 454 - 434.5
True Defense: 573.5 - 542
True Agility: 502 - 502
True Stamina: 451.5 - 427

Alternate NEW Formula:
Total Stats: 3024 - 2948.5 / 6 true stats
Average Stat: 504 - 491.4167 / level 170 - 171
Ratio: 2.9647 - 2.8738 = Demi God - Demi God

Ratio Translation:

Insubstantial: less then 1.75
Weak: 1.75+
Average: 2.0+
Strong: 2.2+
Serious Threat: 2.4+
Game Changing: 2.6+
Demi God: 2.8+
Arch Angel: 3.0+
Titan: 3.25+
GOD: 3.5+

:thumbsup:

fatrobin

Intermediate

Sunday, July 13th 2014, 9:14am

my lvl 33 on int 4

Old ratio: 2.249
New ratio: 2.330

I guess my current balanced training on personal stats is better with the new ratio (obviously due to equipment overall stats are not as balanced) than the old although some other builds (str + agi heavy) would show up alot better in this one

saying that it could do with a stat boosting lix sale soon i guess
Campaigner for Zombie Rights

Not a Professional cow... just consistently lazy

Tao Rehsu

Beginner

Monday, December 29th 2014, 10:21pm

Ratio Update...happy holidays HW! :)

Unban Pheonix Rising!

Achieved stat/level ratio of 3 at level 175
on December 8, 2014

Stat/level Ratio:

I created the ratio concept in the fall of 2011. It has evolved to be more efficient over time. This ratio lets us measure how competitive our accounts are for your current level. Your ratio takes into account all factors (total stats, all gear bonuses and/or penalties, at-home defense bonus from residence and HP). It is deduced from the absolute stats found at the top right hand corner of your status page. First take your HP and multiply it by 3 to get your HP stat. Divide attack, stamina and defense by 2 to get their true stat. Next, add all true stats to HP stat to get your total stats (be sure to include at-home defense bonus). Then divide your total stats by 6 to get your average stat. Lastly, divide your average stat by your level to get your Stat/level ratio.

My Stat/level Ratio on December 29, 2014:

HP: 181 * 3 = 543
Str: 528
Att: 988/2 = 494
Def: 1211/2 = 605.5
Agi: 518
Sta: 968/2 = 484

New Formula:
Total True Stats: 3172.5 / 6
Average Stat: 528.75 / level 176
Ratio: 3.0043 = Immortal (8)

Ratio Translation:
(scaled from 1 through 10)

1) Insubstantial: less then 1.75
2) Weak: 1.75+
3) Average: 2.0+
4) Strong: 2.2+
5) Serious Threat: 2.4+
6) Game Changing: 2.6+
7) Demi God: 2.8+
8) Immortal: 3.0+
9) A God: 3.25+
10) GOD: 3.5+

Vedauwoo

Unregistered

Wednesday, January 14th 2015, 4:30pm

Prove it.

ok,

Prove it. If it really valuable, then it can predict. take the next Knights Tournament and choose a level. Prehit the top players so that you know their exact ratio and show how well these players perform with their ratio in the tourney. There should be a correlation between performance and ratio. Pick a couple leagues. Show us that the ratio is valuable.

Note, to predict a Gladiators tourney, you would have to exclude the horses.

Traffic Gnome

Intermediate

Thursday, January 15th 2015, 9:07am

Toa has been given plenty of positive feedback on how to improve his Stat/level Ratio calculation to make it more representative of a players standing. However he has chosen to ignore this as his current method of calculation allows him to feel better about his own character and his relatively average stats.

As far as I am concerned the current method of calculation is worthless and bares no reflection of a players true standing against his peers. Until Toa is prepared to listen and take on board positive critisism then I am not considering it further

Traffic Gnome

Intermediate

Thursday, January 15th 2015, 9:17am

LOL... using Toa's ratio my EN1 character has a score of 3.5378787878..... I'm GOD !!!!!! 8o

my character is level 33 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Vedauwoo

Unregistered

Thursday, January 15th 2015, 4:47pm

Sometimes feedback does not work

Sometimes someone has to defend it to know the criticism had merit. If he does not defend his thoughts then they are just flotsam on the waves.

Vedauwoo

Unregistered

Thursday, January 15th 2015, 4:52pm

BTW

I have a level 10 that is 5.75

Ha!

Vedauwoo

Unregistered

Thursday, January 15th 2015, 6:36pm

For example.

I take that level 10 character and drop the horse, equipment and house... keep the weapon. Adjust the weights back to one. And I become 6.016. All that says is that I put more into my character stats than on gear and horse.

So I have STR and AGI at 80 and all others at 50 for the character. The donkey has 30 for all stats. Or 80 across the board. I have a level 16 house with a max fence. I have a level 10 helmet and the rest is nothing. The weapon is a fouchard.

So what does all that say? It says that camper is pretty darn strong. But he is just a camper.

Look at a decision based on the ratio: Suppose I want to add defense Stats.

Armor
Level 9 for 1100 G has -1 AGI, -2 STA, and 6 DEF
Level 6 for 550 G has -2 STA and 3 DEF
Level 3 for 150G has 1DEF

or 1 DEF for the character for 6400G
1 DEF for the horse 900G

or Build the house a level for 7225G

Change in Ratio divided by cost suggests that I buy the level 3 armor. I talked with my character and he would rather be naked than be seen in level 3 armor.

The ratio loves equipment and horses. Cheap equipment and temporary horses.

the ratio always loves Hit Points and assumes that hit points are worth negative stats.

Friday, January 16th 2015, 3:48am

Guys, Tao`s chart makes sense just in 1on1 and JUST if you want to compare 2 chars with same level. He invented a way to keep him going in hw. (and even there it is not 100% bulletproof)
NOBODY can prove a thing as long as the script is not on the table. (tournaments or battles). Use it when you want to buy a char, is the single way I see this ratio working. And the right to brag on forum or SB with your godlike stats

PS TG, you are starting something you don`t want to the moment you say Tao has relatively average stats. Compared to what? To a camper? To a guy who doesn`t battle at all and just work for months? To somebody who is buying 12tix a month and change them for gold in promo period?

Friday, January 16th 2015, 4:16am

PS if you want to push things Vedauwoo, like Falco did long time ago, undress all your gear, divide the sum of your stats to the level and that will give you what you want. But a lvl 10 with 5.75 ratio will not even scratch a level 30 with 2.4 ratio

Vedauwoo

Unregistered

Friday, January 16th 2015, 4:43am

Never imagined that a level 10 would hurt a level 30

Because Experience matters.

The ratio is a simple weighted average. It values a hit point 3 times as much as a Strength stat and 6 times as much as a Defense stat. So in the end, I am not sure that it has any value at all. All I would like to see is some application tried. Not a guess, but actually tried. Looking at a tournament makes sense. League 1 in the last Knights tourney had a first time winner. Would the ratio have given him a chance? Maybe. And if it did, then it is valuable.

Just saying.

Friday, January 16th 2015, 4:59am

You have a lvl 193 against a lvl 180. Stats for horse are almost the same. Body is giving 180 advantage. Now, gear for 193 is better than 180 and the HP dif is quite big - around 7points. If you compare ratio, lvl193 is lower than 180 - more than probably. But he wins. For me this is the situation explained in your statistics and random process

Vedauwoo

Unregistered

Friday, January 16th 2015, 3:13pm

you are slowly getting to the experiment

You compared one fight. The tourney has many fights. Statistics is more than one sample. All it takes is aggregating the data, and then you have the value of the ratio. Why hypothesize about it. Get a group of folks to hit players prior to the next tourney and determine the ratios with some accuracy. Then simply see if the stronger ratios prevail. you don't need the battle script to do the analysis, just a bunch of data... not one point.

:)

Friday, January 16th 2015, 8:14pm

You are slowly getting the idea that you know what you are talking without reading what I wrote: without knowing the script, your experiments will collapse. Based on your assumption that the stronger char wins, what happened last time should not have happen. A level 193 who wins against a lvl 207 with better stats in his first fight takes out all experience and gear out. When actually who told you if not the way a char is build is not more important than his stats per se?
Tao`s ratio is just a way for him to establish goals.

Friday, January 16th 2015, 8:21pm

You are slowly getting the idea that you know what you are talking without reading what I wrote: without knowing the script, your experiments will collapse. Based on your assumption that the stronger char wins, what happened last time should not have happen. A level 193 who wins against a lvl 207 with better stats in his first fight takes out all experience and gear out. When actually and who told you if not the way a char is build is not more important than his stats per se?
Tao`s ratio is just a way for him to establish goals.

Not his first, but previous fight before the win against 182.
Have you ever thought that the way a char is build is more important than his stats per se?

Friday, January 16th 2015, 8:36pm

You compared one fight. The tourney has many fights. Statistics is more than one sample. All it takes is aggregating the data, and then you have the value of the ratio. Why hypothesize about it. Get a group of folks to hit players prior to the next tourney and determine the ratios with some accuracy. Then simply see if the stronger ratios prevail. you don't need the battle script to do the analysis, just a bunch of data... not one point.

And your random factor how are you counting it in your conclusion?

Friday, January 16th 2015, 8:48pm

And your random factor how are you counting it in your conclusion?

PS (I hate these 5 min max thing to add to a message) Even in 1on1 is not stat against stat - never was. You know how 1on1 fighting script works? If yes, please share with us. 7 years passed and I did not found someone to say: that tripping on grass and going down before hitting the opponent comes from a stat. Pump your stamina - or whatever stat you want - and you will not hit the ground before hitting your opponent.

Vedauwoo

Unregistered

Thursday, January 22nd 2015, 7:30pm

Assassin's Blade (probably a fluke)

Perhaps you should look at that link from about 7 years ago. There is nothing wrong with experimenting and learning from the experiments. It is not hard to look at the random factor and account for it. It is called probability. you should know and be able to recognize the probability if success in any fight.

That is why you need data. There is plenty to be had in the tourneys.

Please don't tell people to not try experiments, they can learn from them and it keeps them in the game. Tao has put forth a hypothesis that a single number can be an indicator of performance. All it takes is applying that hypothesis to a large number of fights to prove or disprove it. You argue that from the evidence of one fight (then two fights) that one cannot conduct an experiment without seeing the script. You of course have it wrong.

Learn about statistics (mathematical statistics) and the theories of probability and you can find ways to improve your character.

Friday, January 23rd 2015, 3:41am

That was a good one. So, you are stirring up the pot regarding Tao`s formula, and you ask others to do the experiments. I argue that his formula is good JUST for the right to brag in SB and when you want to buy-sell an account. The rest in whatever-makes-you-click.
And that topic is not new to me at all, and proved nothing new in the end. I was never a fan of agility vs hp. And that was stated long before.

Friday, January 23rd 2015, 3:59am

Assassin's Blade (probably a fluke)
You argue that from the evidence of one fight (then two fights) that one cannot conduct an experiment without seeing the script. You of course have it wrong.
Learn about statistics (mathematical statistics) and the theories of probability and you can find ways to improve your character.

Man, how about reading when you have time your own signature ?
If you are THAT good as you dream you are, please tell me how the `fatigue`works in the battle script.

Vedauwoo

Unregistered

Friday, January 23rd 2015, 3:47pm

Remove your lid

If you are THAT good as you dream you are, please tell me how the `fatigue`works in the battle script.
It is tough to fill an empty jar when the lid is on.

Friday, January 23rd 2015, 8:25pm

It is tough to fill an empty jar when the lid is on.

As I knew it from the beginning, same old emptiness and a lot of meaningless posts. Continue debating without me.

Vedauwoo

Unregistered

Friday, January 23rd 2015, 11:03pm

Well good.

I don't like debating when there are things to be done. Talking about how things will not work is how ZED wastes time. I would rather explore things and learn from them.

I proposed an experiment. Use a tourney to see if the ratio was predictive. There is a gladiator tourney this weekend. I will take the data and make predictions based on a modified ratio. Not talk about it...do it. Since I am by myself, there will be some assumptions. Whenever I cannot determine the gear of a player, I will assume the most up to date gear. I will take out the residence and the horses for predicting gladiator results using this modified ratio. And we will see if the ratio has some value.

Way better to try something than talk about how things work or don't work.

Ved

Friday, January 23rd 2015, 11:17pm

I have an account that goes consistently to knights tournaments and consistently moves to the quarters : there it is max it can achieve. And it is a +3.2 for lvl 180+ When he meets the 3.8 it`s history. You don`t need to do sheets to know how good the Ratio formula is, you need to play. You need to see who you meet before the downfall. Falcotron had an advantage - he was playing and doing sheets.You are just pretending now.

Friday, January 23rd 2015, 11:38pm

To end your experiment before started:
Tao`s formula had a meaning before they started to alter the battle script and put the xp cap. In your big superiority please explain how a char who was xp hero in 40 battles in one month and with a max xp in a normal battle at 103, after 2 weeks (because they had to adjust the script to not give to the readers 30xp counted and other 39 uncounted) was just getting 30xp from same battles. And stop bs me with your master-in-hw texts. You are far away from that.
His ratio has a meaning in tournaments, but not in day by day normal play. And Tao changed his 2,5 to 3 because I pointed to him that HP counts more -based on personal experiments with and without special weapons.

Vedauwoo

Unregistered

Sunday, January 25th 2015, 6:00pm

League two predictions

Round 1
anais (1IT) VS. Loto (2IT) Winner Loto (2IT)
Brave Knight (2PL) VS. Tristram (2EN) Winner Tristram (2EN)
robert de river (3IT) VS Tyrion Lannister (15DE) Winner Tyrion Lannister (15DE)
Joker 2RUS (2RU) VS slorregie (1NL) Winner slorregie (1NL)
Чингизхан (3RU) VS Blindsword (10ES) Winner Чингизхан (3RU)
lazika4 (4RU) VS Kller (2DE) Winner Kller (2DE)
Robin Hood (3IT) VS -son of darkness- (14DE) Winner Robin Hood (3IT)
Aeronaut (1DE) Prince of Darkness (9EN) Winner Aeronaut (1DE)
andreas (2PL) Prince of Darkness (8EN) Winner Prince of Darkness (8EN)
-Orion- (4EN) -Alfadas- (14DE) Winner -Orion- (4EN)
Salsero (1IT) Valentin2009 (2FR) Winner Valentin2009 (2FR)
prataghenz (2IT) Erz Engel (10DE) Winner prataghenz (2IT)
THE GIANT (1IN) Shihab al Din (6EN) Winner Shihab al Din (6EN)
World Legend (1IN) VS(3AR) - محمد الفاتح - Winner World Legend (1IN)
knutknut (1DE) VS Конан-варвар (2RU) Winner Конан-варвар (2RU)
-LeADer oF The WaRriOrS- (1AR) Hollowmoon (9EN) Winner Hollowmoon (9EN)
Веня из Алупки (3RU) Kller (4DE) Winner Kller (4DE)
-MAXIM- (1IN) opoton (4ES) Winner -MAXIM- (1IN)
Der Erste Ritter (14DE) -Hammurabi- (14DE) Winner -Hammurabi- (14DE)
_Tragi_ (1IT) Ritter aus Leidenschaft (15DE) Winner Ritter aus Leidenschaft (15DE)
etneipress (7ES) Scugol (4EN) Winner etneipress (7ES)
Angel of Darkness (11ES) Sontga Margriata (2IT) Winner Angel of Darkness (11ES)
Corax (6DE) siic (2IT) Winner Corax (6DE)
Opie Winston (5PL) Shelly (11ES) Winner Opie Winston (5PL)
конан-варвар (3RU) VS (10ES) الــــــعـــذراء Winner конан-варвар (3RU)
Adonis (13DE) Waptro (4EN) Winner Adonis (13DE)
etneipress (6ES) -BALOR- (3NL) Winner -BALOR- (3NL)
2IN) الكابتن VS Gawein (14DE) Winner الكابتن
armazi (2PL) Ra Major (3EN) Winner Ra Major (3EN)
cuesqueiro (1ES) maxim (4IT) Winner maxim (4IT)
Hossein ibn El-Kouali (1PL) Shania (11ES) Winner Shania (11ES)
-Piccolo- (6DE) Lady Arie (15DE) Winner -Piccolo- (6DE)

Over All Winner maxim (4IT)

Vedauwoo

Unregistered

Sunday, January 25th 2015, 6:42pm

Predictions for League 2 of gladiators tourney using the ratio.

HP is the hardest to predict. I don't have characters in every group, nor time to hit to determine equipment in each group. However, if I did have a little help, a predictive algorithm could be made based on the ratio.

Round 1:
Correctly predicted 87.5%
Round 2:
Correctly Predicted 81.25%
If errors were not carried forward from round 1, the ratio predicted 100% correct.
Round 3:
Correctly predicted 87.5%.
If errors were not carried forward from round 1, the ratio predicted 100% correct.
Round 4:
Correctly predicted 75%.
Round 5:
Correctly predicted 100%.
Final round:
The formula predicted the winner correctly. My fault on the reporting, I was in such a hurry to get the reporting done before the start of the tourney that I cut and pasted the opponent with the lower ratio.

Vedauwoo

Unregistered

Sunday, January 25th 2015, 7:30pm

Commentary

When I challenge folks to test the ratio Zed says...
Use it when you want to buy a char, is the single way I see this ratio working.
However, when I say that I will do the experiment and show the results, Zed says...
His ratio has a meaning in tournaments, but not in day by day normal play.
All along the way he discourages experiments.
To end your experiment before started:
Power lies in the heart of action. To do well in this game you must experiment. Don't listen to one guy. Don't limit yourself. You can listen to many voices but understand how you want to play. I encourage people to experiment and see what works for them. This is a statistical game, so get out your spreadsheet and model what you see. It will give you insight.

For the tournaments, I learned that modeling the tournament may give you an advantage in the long run by building your character. In the short run, if you know the brackets you are in, you can shift your position by adding XP. This only works well in the lower levels, but you may choose to add xp to get into a bracket with easier opponents. this may allow you to move to higher rounds. It is worth thinking about if you have a character in leagues 4,5 and 6 and are close to changing your position relative to your opponents and can do so in the day leading to the tourney. I also learned that you can use the ratio for betting. The ratio does improve your chances by looking at the brackets and understanding how players will move through them.

Perhaps the ratio can be used in battles, the only way to know is to experiment.

Note to Zed. I will play however I want to. I will also experiment whenever I want to. And I have no problems sharing my experiments and results. I have no idea why you call me a pretender. But have a blast, it is clear from you words that you despise folks who do what they say. you would rather people don't experiment and devise ways to play. And quite frankly, I am good in statistics and using them. Good luck in playing your character. I will play my characters, however I wish.

Ved

Monday, January 26th 2015, 3:51am

For the moment , you contradicted nothing from what I said. These tournaments are misleading in a way: You can make pairs on the list provided and you can predict easy who might win when are big differences in ratio.
BUT the ratio gives you nothing about the outcome when both are lets say between 2.6 and 2.8. Here you can flip a coin, it is as good as using the ratio - for you are `errors`. For me is the fighting script

AND taking in consideration:
1. the top levels are kicking guys below them.
2.The low levels are kicking guys moving up the scale.
3 Since you have dif of (sometimes) 20lvls between 1st and last in a group, and sometimes low lvls with super stats are winners against top levels with strong stats,
1+2+3 means the exp in this 1on1 are not a factor - THIS IS NOT TYPICAL for day by day play.

Now, I never said to you how to play, I said to you to cut your arrogant bs, you might get the same in return. Use the ratio as you see it fit, but don`t get in love with it. Legolas was for many battles and holy battles hero, double hero and triple hero - and this is not something supported by the Ratio Formula. If you want to create a char for Tournaments, do it - use the formula, just work months and you will fall - maybe - in the correct bracket to compete with big tixxers for a while. Good luck with that.

Monday, January 26th 2015, 3:57am

Cut the triple hero for Legolas. He couldn`t be xp hero since he is the highest level in HW - this server

Rate this thread