You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 15th 2008, 5:46pm

2nd Order Battle

Beast of War vs Knights under God

hopefully we won't mess up this time

Tanis1

Intermediate

Wednesday, April 16th 2008, 2:40am

How low is it for a 15 man order to attack a 5 person order?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tanis1" (Apr 16th 2008, 1:29pm)

Wednesday, April 16th 2008, 6:22pm

Well, Tanis, at least you hired me, so it was more like 15 to 7. Still not even, but much closer. ;) I look forward to the next battle...
No longer playing, sadly.

Wednesday, April 16th 2008, 11:17pm

Beasts of War
Knights under God

Fights

won

Order Victories

Thursday, April 17th 2008, 5:59am

If you Christians could get your acts together and create a decent order, the Pagans would attack it. But what options do they really have?

Whose fault is it that none of the 10 different orders called Templars of Templary Templarness and none of the 5 clones of unsuccessful W2/W3 orders can even reach 10 members, while the Pagans and Saracens are pushing toward 20? The Christians didn't have this problem in W2 or W3--look at FK and GoD.

Each world does eventually end up with far more Christian orders than it can possibly support--but in the previous worlds, it took a little longer than 3 days to reach the Shoe Event Horizon.
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

GulFalco

Unregistered

Friday, April 18th 2008, 9:24am

look, Christians are almost incapable of getting their acts together in half of the english worlds
its the sad truth, and from what i gather they still must resort to kamikaze attacks in w3 to get most of their victories
dont get me wrong, i want them to be a worthy foe just as they are in hb, w1 & w2
but i am not going to hold my breath 8)

Friday, April 18th 2008, 3:53pm

I think there are too many Christian orders with a similar ideology. It is better to have a few orders which has a huge number of players than a lot of smaller orders.
AC of GoD (W3)

Friday, April 18th 2008, 3:56pm

Perhaps you all will consider this too bold (or at least selfishly motivated ;) ) but I'm going to make a suggestion, especially directed at Christian OM/AC's. If you want to win an order battle for a change, then make a better plan, not just go in liike a kamikaze pilot as the attacking Christians have done so far in W4. Although there are many strategic approaches, I only wish to discuss one of these openly here. OM, before you declare a battle, go ahead and HIRE THE MERCS. You already know who they are, what side they will naturally support if left on there own, and about how much it will take to procure their services. PM them and offer them a deal (and most will accept a reasonable offer - obviously don't ask the mercs who only support Christians for an inflated price). Not only will you secure the top ten mercs for your side, but the other side will not (duh). While this certainly won't ensure victory, from past experience it more likely will ensure defeat if you don't plan ahead for your mercs. So far, the pagan and saracen orders have won as many battles from better merc acquisitions, whether attacking or defending, than just better quality orders alone. I'm sure falcotron ;) will get in on this, so let the discussion continue...

-Mordred

Friday, April 18th 2008, 4:11pm

There are three mercenary orders in W4. The Ronin Mercenaries,knight of the wolff and The Hashshashin. The Hashshashin and us are pure mercenary orders. I have given good deals to the orders that hired us. I also think that we have some of the best Christian warriors in W4 so we give the orders their money worth.
AC of GoD (W3)

Friday, April 18th 2008, 4:15pm

Exactly, Raidon. I would expect any sensible OM to go to you, hire your order, then tack on a few saracens/pagans, THEN declare war. The opposition will have no one left to hire, or at least not enough, and will have to depend on volunteers. Again, it won't guarantee anything, but it is good strategy.

Friday, April 18th 2008, 4:20pm

One of the orders have already done this with us. This is the best way to go.
AC of GoD (W3)

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008, 3:19pm

yer it is a great idea, except for me i fight for the losing side now and it takes a large amount of dosh to make me fight for winning side (which i do not get) but i have swung 2 battles so far one with a 42 wins and no losses and the other i won 60 out of 63 so close to winning but hey
one man may die, before a thousand men die to do the same job

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008, 8:08pm

Of course so far the Christians lose even if they do hire green arrow or most of Ronin; they just spend more money to get their inevitable loss.

It's a great deal for green--he gets a bit of cash, and rakes in a whole ton of xp before he goes down. But not so much for the Christians he fights for.

I don't know what to tell the Christians, except: Stop forming new 5-man orders and try to get one decent order together. Why are the two biggest non-merc Christian orders under 20 people with only one level-18 member, while the vastly-outnumbered Saracens have a 25-man order with 5 level-18s?
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008, 9:49pm

ah no falco has cottoned onto the plan
one man may die, before a thousand men die to do the same job