You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, August 12th 2008, 8:02pm

The Inquisition (INQ) Looking for 1 or 2 low level Players

I intend to take on one (or two at the most) Christian Player(s) within Holy War at a time to act as a squire. I will pass on as much knowledge and information as I have to the player, in order to make their stay within Holy War more productive, effective and fun. The
following are my rules for application, and, for those who are successful: -

1) The Applicant must be lower than level 20.

2) The Applicant must donate 10 x their level each day.

3) The Applicant must follow the instructions I give.

4) The Applicant must be a Premium player.

5) The Applicant must leave the Order no later than level 30.

6) The Applicant will not hit other Christians.

7) The Applicant will receive all donations back prior to leaving the Order, or when required.

Anybody who is interested, search for the INQ tag and make your application.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gilrain" (Aug 12th 2008, 10:27pm)

Sain Cai

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 12th 2008, 9:28pm

No disrespect bru, but to take the persons donations then boot his ass out shortly after isnt a good way to gain any members.

Tuesday, August 12th 2008, 10:22pm

True, I should have posted what would happen with the donations. All donations made by the individual will be returned to the member prior to leaving. Think of it as a bank, and when gold is required, it is there (up to the maximum donated of course).

Edited first post to reflect this.

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 10:29am

True, I should have posted what would happen with the donations. All donations made by the individual will be returned to the member prior to leaving. Think of it as a bank, and when gold is required, it is there (up to the maximum donated of course).
This is a great way to get yourself attacked. Obviously none of the big orders will attack you, but for a 5-man order, you're pretty much guaranteed to be sitting on more gold than anyone else they could possibly take, and you're probably the easiest target, too.

So, what happens when someone attacks? Do you spend the gold on mercs, so your squire loses 100% of her savings? Or do you just take the loss, so she only loses 10-50%?
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

The Black Knight

Unregistered

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 4:35pm

So here's another question - why do you need donations at all? If you're only planning to take on 1-2 members, you're not going to need to expand, and if you're going to hire mercs if attacked (I presume you're not attacking anyone else), how are you going to give them their money back?

Ranock_Ironfist

Intermediate

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 12:31pm

Well he could go with the old christian spirit and donate his own money for the cause.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 12:44pm

Or he could start accepting high-level members and turn it into one of those pointless for-Christians-only merc orders, effectively pulling another batch of Christians with potential out of circulation so the Christians orders have fewer people they can count on, meanwhile guaranteeing that they will rarely if ever be hired, so they fall behind individually, further delaying the Christian resurgence that might happen one day if the Christians ever stop destroying good orders lke Ronin and KT and trying ridiculous half-baked ideas and giving up on them before they're even quarter-baked.

But that would just be silly.

Ranock_Ironfist

Intermediate

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 12:46pm

I rarely disagree with you falco, but I do not think that last statement was fair.

THey are doing what they want, and what they think is the best. I think you have a valid point, but there is no need to be so mean about it. At least in my eyes that was a bit mean :(

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 11:04am

Rereading my post, Ranock is right; it was unfair and insulting. They have a right to change what their order is about and not immediately announce the change on the forums. And any Christian order trying anything different in W4 deserves a shot.

I'm also glad that, despite what their order description said at the time, they're not actually a useless "mercs-for-Christians-only" order.

Anyway, I apologize.