You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BigMac

Beginner

• "BigMac" started this thread

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 6:29am

Do christians really need to cheat??

Christians outnumber everyone accross all worlds in HW. They are the common choice but why do they still feel they need to cheat in battle? Example below:

Members Only vs. In Gods Name - 27.11.2008
In Gods Name Camp below: (these are all multi-accounts) :thumbdown:

hi im21 (Level 1)
ramouse (Level 1)
buster123 (Level 1)
matdog117 (Level 1)
IceBerg (Level 1)
athlon (Level 1)
lilrascal (Level 1)
fusionfountain (Level 1)
dudeistight12 (Level 1)
jzpoodle (Level 1)
Anthon123456789 (Level 1)
bkmarines (Level 1)
coocoo4u (Level 1)
myspacehottie13 (Level 1)
imrage (Level 1)
Steven181990 (Level 1)
lil killerz (Level 1)
Angrod (Level 1)
sksoccerkid (Level 1)
jrdragon97 (Level 1)
yodarap2 (Level 1)
tigoust (Level 1)
denniswillie (Level 1)
jay2012 (Level 1)
rebeldude41 (Level 1)
venom- (Level 1)
demyx33333 (Level 1)
piercejones22 (Level 1)
dale is ere (Level 1)
WHATITDO (Level 1)
guan777 (Level 1)
suleman (Level 1)
lgr1991 (Level 1)

Mavia

Unregistered

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 9:43am

I have checked lists like this in the past, and it's almost impossible to prove if they are spies or not. However, in the updated version of Holy War you will have to be at least level 5 to participate in battle, which should take care of this problem.

BigMac

Beginner

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 10:10am

Quoted

However, in the updated version of Holy War you will have to be at least level 5 to participate in battle, which should take care of this problem.

That's a great idea. :thumbup: I can't wait for this new version to come. Been holding back on buying premuim for weeks now. :D

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 10:23am

With all due respect, I don't even think people are cheating because it gives them a real advantage, but rather just because they want to cheat.

Is it really easier to find a free proxy that works with HW, create a multi, deal with all the annoyances of those free proxies (from what I hear, most of them are full of popunders and popovers and drive-by malware installers), and/or whatever else is required than it is to make someone else temporary AC, or ask an ally to send their lowest-level active member to the other side, etc.? I doubt it. So, why do people cheat? Would requiring them to also get their spies to level 5 really stop them from cheating when cheating is already harder than playing straight?

Making it a little harder to cheat isn't the answer. I don't know if making it easier to catch the cheaters, and punishing them more severely, is the answer either, although it does fulfill everyone's need for justice (mine included). Maybe just continue to remove all of the benefits of most kinds of cheating, and make it obvious to those of us who aren't pathological that the cheaters aren't actually prospering, and we can let them waste their time.

By the way, I can't speak for W6, but all of the accounts that everyone assumes are multi spies in both W2 and W3 are well above level 5 anyway.
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

BigMac

Beginner

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 10:37am

I just really wanted to show how desperate some christians are to win all the time. They will do anything :wacko: . Reminds me of real life :P Can easily name names but won't.

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 10:42am

I thought real-life Christians just deluded themselves into thinking they've won, rather than going to the trouble of cheating to convince other people?

Or are George W. "Mission Accomplished" Bush and William J. "Ms. Lewinsky is a talented young woman" Clinton not actually typical examples of Christianity?:)

erialc

Intermediate

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 1:13pm

BigMac.... I take offense to your accusations, IGN is lead by Black Wind and Cerno, whom are two of the most honorable players I know In HW.
W2 contrarian (non-premium) ~ W3 contra (non-premium)~ W4 contra aka erialc (non-premium) ~ W5 Yasmine - Sold ~ W6 contrarian (OM) Dragon Warriors ~ W8 Holy PIA (non-premium) (OM) Because We Can

BigMac

Beginner

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 9:47pm

Well that's just silly erialc. I suppose you also think the Pope in Rome is one of the most honorable people you know. Death to the invadel and all that. You know god wants it that way. :wacko:

Black Wind

Trainee

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 11:31pm

Relax Erialc, Bigmac said Christians not IGN.

Bigmac, I don't quite understand what exactly Christians would get from creating numerous level 1 accounts and using them to flood a Christian camp. Level 1s have absolutely no impact on the outcome of battle. In fact, the only possible reason I can see for putting a newly made level 1 into anyone's camp is to spy. If that is the case, why would Christians create level 1 accounts to put into a Christian camp? In fact, if that is the only reason (even a poor a reason as it is) it would make more sense for a pagan to create a level 1 account to put into the opposing camp as a spy. Perhaps you should rethink your position.

Now, if you would like to accuse me of cheating... feel free. I will simply rest on the respect that I have built over the passed 8 months of playing in 3 worlds. I will invite any admin to inspect my account histories and I would ask anyone to look at the statistics of my accounts. Not only do I not cheat, I do not tix either.

But thank you for your concern. We all want to play in a cheat free world.
*fades like a dream at dawn*

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 11:45pm

I suppose it could be an elaborate ruse to bring their average level down to lull the other side into a false sense of security so they didn't hire enough mercs?

But I really doubt anyone clever enough to come up with that would also be dumb enough to think it was worth the effort.

The truth is probably much simpler: The newest world is always full of hopeless noobs who volunteer for a battle, get annoyed that they can't do anything, then log off to never come back again. And the vast majority of these are Christian (possibly just because it's the first choice, possibly because these noobs are mostly Americans, and not the smartest of Americans, and therefore can't even conceive of the idea of even pretending not to be Christian). So, those level-1 Christians on the Christian side are probably actual level-1 Christians. And there's no reason to get mad--each one brings a gift of 50gp to the other side. (Except that they generally die after giving out only 5 of it.)

Mulvers

Unregistered

Friday, November 28th 2008, 12:54am

Occam's Razor....

BigMac

Beginner

Friday, November 28th 2008, 2:38am

he he he :D I like falcotron's answers the most. Please ignore my crazy talk and just read his posts. Most of those accounts are probably real and were created by "bible-belt" living, corn eating, not so smart American christians. In a new world where the highest levels are 25 - 31 the old "noob wall" still works a little some might think.

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Friday, November 28th 2008, 2:40am

Hey thats me!

Friday, November 28th 2008, 3:29am

Okay, maybe someone needs to explain it to this poor, dumb Christian, but how are numerous level 1 accounts in a Christian account a result of cheating by Christians?

Now correct me if I seem off-base here, but the purpose of multi-accounting level ones in a camp would be... to see the camp list. So why would Christian orders (we know who you are accusing) need to do that to see their own camp? If any of those accounts are multis, it seems obvious to me that they would be from the opposing side. But most of them are likely, as falcotron said, n00bs who signed up for battle without knowing what they are doing.

But how should I know? Apparently I am a stupid, Bible-thumping redneck who lives in the South and routinely eats corn. Oh yeah, I'm stupid, too. Did I mention that already?

BigMac

Beginner

Friday, November 28th 2008, 6:45am

Gryph, I was thinking "Noob Wall" or something like that. They were not from the opposing side because the 500 gold "spy function" was purchased, so there was no need for that. You only needed to join your own side to see all participants. Look, if half you christians played as Pagan or Saracen, the whole game would instantly become more exciting. At the moment it's just plain "bible-belt" honestly. Who will you fight if everyone is xtian? Each other? ?( Yeah and sorry about the corn thing. :P

Black Wind

Trainee

Friday, November 28th 2008, 7:07am

Um, Bigmac. I play a Pagan in W4. For the longest time Pagans dominated that world. Part of that was due to the order I was in.

In W6 I wanted a change of pace, so I played Christian. Quite frankly, this is the hardest I have played for months. I do not know what numbers you are looking at, but the number of Christians is comparable to the numbers of Saracens + Pagans in W6. Unfortunately, most of the seasoned players are playing either pagan or saracen accounts. Being a Christian in W6 is an up hill battle. Take a look at the highscore board and you can see the discrepancy for yourself. Personally, I do not mind because I see this as a game and games are empty boring things without challenges. But do not assume that W6 is like any other world. It is a different animal altogether.
*fades like a dream at dawn*

Friday, November 28th 2008, 7:41am

Well, BigMac, as Black Wind already stated, much more succinctly than I could hope to, world 6 is dominated by the Pagans/Saracen, and Christians have to fight tooth and nail to make progress. It is only because of exceptional leadership, luck, and unification that we have won many of the battles. Christians only hold 4 of the top 20 spots on the Highscore, and only one in the top 10.

If you want to call out an order or a person for cheating, do so. Let them defend themselves against an accusation, not some sly innuendo that only you understand. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just asking that you name names instead of giving a baseless, vague pronouncement that "certain Christians are cheating."

Friday, November 28th 2008, 7:50am

Not to get off-subject here, but when did being accused of eating corn become an insult?

BigMac

Beginner

Friday, November 28th 2008, 7:57am

Quoted

It is only because of exceptional leadership, luck, and unification that we have won many of the battles.

Do you mean Unreallity with his 100+ stats at level 30. Jusk kidding :D

Quoted

Christians only hold 4 of the top 20 spots on the Highscore, and only one in the top 10.

Well you can't always be at the top, that's life. :rolleyes:

Friday, November 28th 2008, 8:05am

Quoted

It is only because of exceptional leadership, luck, and unification that we have won many of the battles.

Do you mean Unreallity with his 100+ stats at level 30. Jusk kidding :D
Wow, he must eat a lot of corn. :)

Friday, November 28th 2008, 8:07am

I only mentioned those figures to prove that the pagans and saracens, not the Christians, have the upper hand in the world. I'm not complaining, whining, or anything like that. I do what I can. And the tixxers in the world are fairly equal. For every Christian tixxer, I can name you a pagan/Saracen who is just as big or bigger, with the exception of Unreality. But if you are accusing tixxers of cheating, then that is a completely different argument.

And falco, I'm not sure when eating corn became an insult - apparently the same time Christians gained a monopoly on it. :whistling:

cerno

Beginner

Friday, November 28th 2008, 8:11am

Big Mac why didn't you post the level 1 Pagans Christians and Saracens of the other side?

All battles have a ton of level 1's that join. To make a proper argument one should so the statistics of both sides.

BigMac

Beginner

Friday, November 28th 2008, 8:21am

Quoted

Big Mac why didn't you post the level 1 Pagans Christians and Saracens of the other side?
I posted only the xtian side because there was so many of them compared to the other side. I didn't mention this before, but those level 1's were growing by the minute and soon after starting this thread there were lots more than originally posted. For the record; I'm not calling any one person a cheater. Only christians :D sorry joke :D

cerno

Beginner

Friday, November 28th 2008, 8:36am

You just sound like a bitter looser IMO.

BigMac

Beginner

Friday, November 28th 2008, 8:39am

Very bitter my friend. I had to drink a whole elixir after that crazy battle. :P

Lionidis

Unregistered

Friday, November 28th 2008, 4:21pm

Very bitter my friend. I had to drink a whole elixir after that crazy battle. :P
Now if only you could have bought some corn from the stall it might have made the whole experience a lot easier to swallow.

Friday, November 28th 2008, 8:45pm

Quick comment on the noob wall theory that I dont think has been mentioned. A noob wall is about one of the most pointless things possible. All it would do is keep some stronger players from hitting the users side for one battle round. Now think of that logic, you keep the opponent at full health and with a victory while you face someone and probably face a stronger person and lose health thus making you weaker to face those walled opponents at lower health when they are at full. IMO Id rather face the walled opponents off the bat when Im at full health to weaken them so others can also chip away at them. Plus with the random effect you have no idea who would get stopped by this wall...it could be opponents that are under level 10 and would do nothing to you anyways. Overall Im saying the noob wall would be a bigger waste of time than making a character to spy on your own camp.

Atropos

Beginner

Saturday, November 29th 2008, 10:03am

The idea that all these level 1 accounts in the christian camp are evidence that the christians are cheating is so ridiculous that it causes one to wonder if the accuser has any grasp on the mechanics of how battles are won. Level one accounts used to spy are nearly always created by people of the opposite faith- so look for a pagan or saracen. Level 1 players mean nothing at all in terms of battle outcome. Even my level 34 character who is extremely weak for its XP level could take on an army of 500 level 1 players and win singlehanded.

Personally I think the tasteful thing for the author of this thread to do would be apologize to the leadership of IGN for holding up their camp list as evidence of christian cheating. Nobody likes groundless accusations.

Atropos

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Saturday, November 29th 2008, 2:48pm

wonder if I should post The Southern Baptists Order Page here. Talk about eating corn! 8o

BigMac

Beginner

Sunday, November 30th 2008, 11:51pm

I see the corn thing is a very sensitive subject for some. 8) It's all ok now, IGN got taken out in the last battle. :thumbsup:

Monday, December 1st 2008, 7:46am

Phil, everyone knows that consumption of corn has nothing to do with faith. It's chicken-fried steak that indicates a Christian. (Or does it turn someone into a Christian?)

DonReality

Intermediate

Occupation: HWPolitician,Game Strategist,CISCO Practicing Engineer,WebDev & Etc.

Monday, December 1st 2008, 1:58pm

I just really wanted to show how desperate some christians are to win all the time. They will do anything . Reminds me of real life Can easily name names but won't.

BIG MAC or DOUBLE WHOOPER whichever your name is,Your accusation is very offensive and actually proves your repugnant character.
You are either Ignorant or Stupid, Ignorance can be fixed.
Did you take the time to think or were you that impetuous to open a thread which is based on your moral and prejudiced beliefs?
F.Y.I, In world 5, We experienced this too and as a fact, I actually copied both camps to HWTeam to see if they actually had a logical explanation to those accounts. My suggestion is...
W6 is still a new world,admittedly i must say...Most Noobs tend to be playing as Xians, and they are often the ones that Question in the SB on how to get out of camp.I know as a fact that many noobs just sign up for battles
After W6 develops enough, we will rarely see that happening

The Leaders would surely have nothing to do with those accounts, besides I would pity any Person that spends 2-5mins creating accounts simultaneously. For what reason ?(
I have seen as much Lvl 1 accounts in Pagan camps as Xians, what you need to consider is that some could be Spy Accounts. Lord Knows what else.
Your way of presenting this Topic is insulting. I don't mind this thread but, don't make false stereotypical remarks about Xians! X(
DonReality~ W1| DonReality VII~ W4| DonReality V~ W5 |

Hate It or Love It The Underdog's On Top
And I'm Gonna Shine,Homie Until My Heart Stop
Go head' Envy Me
I'm One Of The MVPs
And I ain't goin' nowhere but you already know me

Don't Ruin W1,We Loathe You!!

BigMac

Beginner

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 5:14am

My sincere apologies to all chicken-fried steak eaters. I take back the word cheat and all it's derivatives, ok! Happy hunting ;)

piman

Beginner

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 10:48pm

What?! X-tians are down in numbers in W6? How is that when the last time I checked, they had at least 20-30 more lvl 30+ than both the pagans and Saracens combined? Wow, All those power levelers must be the answer. The only reason X-tians have it tough is because the average Pagan and Saracen works harder than the average X-tian. You say how X-tians only have 4 of the top 20 spots on the highscores but did you ever consider that it could be because pagans and saracens need to work harder to stay competetive. Oh, and DR#, what is your problem? Almost all of the post before yours had been in joking manner. Even high ranking x-tian players claimed no problem with it. You are the only one who took offense to it. But other than that, this thread is completely useless since a "noob wall" approach is very useless.

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 8:37am

Oh, and DR#, what is your problem? Almost all of the post before yours had been in joking manner. Even high ranking x-tian players claimed no problem with it. You are the only one who took offense to it.
To be fair, erialc clearly took offense well before DR, and most of the joking was just me and Phil trying to defuse a heated argument.*

So, now that the original poster has apologized and everyone seems to have grabbed an ear of corn and settled down, let's see if I can inflame things again:

Quoted from "Eusebius of Caesaria"

XXXI. That it will be necessary sometimes to use falsehood as a remedy for the benefit of those who require such a mode of treatment
There you have it, from no less an authority than the Father of Church History, the inventor and defender of the Nicene Creed: Christians do need to cheat.:)

* Or maybe it was me and Phil being smartalecks for no good reason. It's always hard to tell, isn't it?