You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Buba the Great

Professional

• "Buba the Great" started this thread

Monday, March 9th 2009, 4:20am

The Templar Wolves- TTW

TTW is still looking for good players. Come join the fun!!

Jabbar ad-Din

Professional

Monday, April 13th 2009, 12:05am

WE are accepting members..#5 order on haul and #2 Christian order
The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.
- George Orwell

Finally left HW... Yay me!! Ill be on the forums from time to time to comment on random stuff

Buba the Great

Professional

Friday, May 1st 2009, 5:13am

Bump!! Still needing members!

Monday, May 18th 2009, 9:17pm

Still looking for new members? I'm only 9th level, but I'm moving up slowly but surely.

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 3:08am

May I have a history lesson starting from when TTW was created please? Just trying to figure out the Christian side of things and the role of TTW :)

Thanks

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 4:34am

I can tell you what it looked like from the enemy side.

Knight of the Wolff wanted to create a merc order. Bigger Phil--an experienced OM from W2 who had created the only successful late-comer Christian order--agreed to help him.

As it turned out, there were too many Christian merc orders. The most powerful early order, Ronin, were mercs. And they were soon eclipsed by VV, also (mostly) mercs. So, TTW effectively stopped being mercs pretty quickly and signed up all of the top Christian orders as allies, and also signed up a bunch of weaker ones to protect them.

Most of TTW--including their top two members, Buba the Great and Phil--showed up, without fail, in every ally battle. If it was certain death, and they had to wake up at 4am, they still showed up. And just as much for their weak allies as the strong ones. And they were always gracious to everyone, friend and enemy alike. Needless to say, this gave them a lot of good will. The fact that Phil, Buba, and Wolff had obvious good strategic sense, and talked like they knew what they were doing and intended to win, also helped. All of those factors, and probably others I don't know about, meant that got much better support than any other Christian order.

I remember that at one point, TTW had a 17-11 record. Other than Ronin (who were part of the "Borg" alliance with DWL, BoW, and LG, and didn't fight very often) and HfH (a dead order that everyone piled in to defend, twice), the next best Christian record was something like 6-15.

TTW helped some other Christian orders pick fights that the Borg had no interest in being involved in, so they could start winning more often.

They also came pretty close to giving DWL our first loss, something which much more powerful orders on paper had failed to do. We always expected KT to be our main rivals, but (due to factors that blert explained elsewhere), they never got it together, so it was TTW who really held up the Christian side in what must have been dark days after VV and KT kerploded.

Even in the post-Borg era, by shrewdly working with both DWL and DIE against each other, they were the first (and still only) order to beat both of us. And they did it completely honorably, so nobody had any ill will toward them for it. The fact that these were great battles with tons of xp for everyone didn't hurt, either.

What can I say? Phil was one of the HW greats, and Buba, bigbird, and gendell have carried on the legacy.
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

The Black Knight

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 6:45am

What can I say? Phil was one of the HW greats, and Buba, bigbird, and gendell have carried on the legacy.

One other thing I'd like to add; TTW has also always been one of those orders that I've always respected as one who could defeat us (when I was in DWL), and always liked. Even if I knew the battle was headed south and they were about to kick our teeth in, it was always still a fun experience. I can't think of too many other orders I could say that about.

Buba and Phil have always been two of my favorite players in all of Holy War and always seemed to get what a game should be about; a bunch of friends getting together to have fun by playing a game.

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 8:16pm

I miss Phil. :*(

Let's go cry in some beer, Falco.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 17th 2009, 3:30am

Im there in spirit!

Wednesday, June 17th 2009, 9:10pm

Im there in spirit!
But your spirit no longer (a) chats in the SB or (b) gives me xp.
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Wednesday, June 17th 2009, 10:18pm

Im there in spirit!
But your spirit no longer (a) chats in the SB or (b) gives me xp.

No longer talks me into playing in still more worlds, either. I guess that's a mixed blessing.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

Buba the Great

Professional

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 9:33am

Bump :thumbsup:

Blue Tiger

Professional

Wednesday, June 24th 2009, 6:47am

:|
- George Orwell

Finally left HW... Yay me!! Ill be on the forums from time to time to comment on random stuff

Saturday, June 27th 2009, 6:25pm

Still accepting members. Come join us and have loads of laughs in our castle at the expense of our very own jester, Buba the Great!

Blue Tiger

Professional

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 2:43am

and me:)
- George Orwell